Overshown has increased his body weight this off season

jujoboys

Reaction score
Wouldn’t shock me at all if one or more of their first 3 picks weren’t even visits.
Obviously it is not likely the first 3 picks are all going to come from the 30 visits but Dallas. Visits aside, the positions invited tell you what they are really looking for. They may end up with a LB, OLine, or RB not included in the 30 visit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Obviously it is not likely the first 3 picks are all going to come from the 30 visits but Dallas. Visits aside, the positions invited tell you what they are really looking for. They may end up with a LB, OLine, or RB not included in the 30 visit.
I’m telling you I don’t think even the first pick would be a visit. Lamb nor Claiborne were not visits if I’m remembering right.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m telling you I don’t think even the first pick would be a visit. Lamb nor Claiborne were not visits if I’m remembering right.
Claiborne showed up at the Mavericks facility by mistake and missed the visit......he was also late

jujoboys

Reaction score
Those were situations were someone fell that Dallas coveted. They didn’t expect those guys to be an option so they weren’t invited for a 30 visit. That could very well happen again and it would be great if another player of Lamb’s caliber drops in our lap. For example, if a Dallas Turner fell to us then we would be stupid to take a player over him based on a 30 visit.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Everything that’s coming out about O is very encouraging, but they still shouldn’t rely on players who are coming back from that type of injury. I hope they do address LB in the draft preferably in the first 3 rounds. OT/OG/LB/DT RB/DT RB/LB

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
This may be the reason Overshown looked hella slow in a recent workout video. Carrying more weight might not be good for surgical repaired knee, let's all hope it doesn't because the Cowboys don't need another Jaylon Smith.

I think that video was misleading, bro. I don’t think it was a “timed” drill they were running, it looked liked based on the “speed” he was running they were working on cutting and gaining confidence in the knee. If you were O this wouldn’t be the video you would select to showcase your post injury 3 cone performance, especially this far along in rehab. That would be a big time miss by him and whoever helps with his PR and rehab PR.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
https://sportdfw.com/posts/demarvio...ange-mike-zimmer-cowboys-defense-01hvgzc951qc

Getting ready for Zimmer's defense

"In a recent social media post, Overshown put a photo of a scale that showed him pushing 235 lbs. As it was pointed out by Pro Football Network's Tony Catalina, that is a 15-lbs difference than his listed weight a year ago.

This is in line with what new Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer wants from his defensive line. He has indicated his desire for more size and strength upfront and it looks like Overshown is ready to provide that for him."
Mazi also posted that he's pushing 235.

plasticman

Reaction score
https://sportdfw.com/posts/demarvio...ange-mike-zimmer-cowboys-defense-01hvgzc951qc

Getting ready for Zimmer's defense

"In a recent social media post, Overshown put a photo of a scale that showed him pushing 235 lbs. As it was pointed out by Pro Football Network's Tony Catalina, that is a 15-lbs difference than his listed weight a year ago.

This is in line with what new Cowboys defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer wants from his defensive line. He has indicated his desire for more size and strength upfront and it looks like Overshown is ready to provide that for him."
That's a smart move. That is the prototypical weight for a Zimmer LB.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks like it’s all from the waist up which isn’t going to help those knees.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'm hopeful that the influence of Mike Zimmer is a step in the right direction for the Dallas defense. Let's hope that wish materializes!:thumbup:
Mix that with more good bulk on a linebacker and my mouth is watering to eat that up...

CCBoy

Reaction score
This may be the reason Overshown looked hella slow in a recent workout video. Carrying more weight might not be good for surgical repaired knee, let's all hope it doesn't because the Cowboys don't need another Jaylon Smith.
crawl...walk...run

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm glad someone finally said this people act like because they visited they they have to pick those players, scouts do a lot of things we don't know about so does the front office