Owen Schmitt

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Why does every1 want him drafted we drafted a FB last year 2 years of use drafting a fullback the thought of it makes me want to play russian roullete with a fully loaded pistol but i digress why does every1 want us to draft him?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Hes a bad *** but he is to much in the Alstott mold if you ask me.

He will do good for someone in a west coast system.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs pull the trigger on him early.

Duane

Reaction score
I think it's because he has a cool mohawk and everone knows that a mohawk = leetness.

redster

Reaction score
He's from Fairfax, VA, probably a Commanders fan. Washington Post had an article about him. Good fellow.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
redster;1948841 said:
He's from Fairfax, VA, probably a Commanders fan. Washington Post had an article about him. Good fellow.

I found out yesterday Rachel Ray is a Commanders fan.

It really put a damper on my weekend :(

108272543-L.jpg

That just hurts me.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
There is no position on the team where we should ever pass up the opportunity to improve if the player who can be that improvement is there. I like Anderson, but if we can get better, he can be a backup and a ST guy. I am fine with that.

Better option means better team and that is the goal. Always.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;1948865 said:
The FB we drafted last year isn't that good.

i don't know how to judge fullbacks or what you want from the FB position besides being a good lead blocker. The FB position is a dying position and to keep investing picks into this position is pointless. I think people feel Schimdtt is going to be the next MOose for us so they want him

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;1948877 said:
i don't know how to judge fullbacks or what you want from the FB position besides being a good lead blocker. The FB position is a dying position and to keep investing picks into this position is pointless. I think people feel Schimdtt is going to be the next MOose for us so they want him
He's just a hard-working, talented, mean dude. Him and Barber in the backfield would be so fun to watch.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The fact that our offense hardly uses a FB makes me very hesitant to waste a pick in the top 4 rounds or so on one.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Future;1948923 said:
The fact that our offense hardly uses a FB makes me very hesitant to waste a pick in the top 4 rounds or so on one.
We use a 2 back set about 1/3 of our offensive snaps, so I'd say the position sees about as much time as (or often more time than) our 3rd wide receiver, and I wouldn't have a single problem picking a 3rd WR in the top 4 rounds.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1948930 said:
Just one more reason to never watch that show.

I didn't even know who she was until recently, I thought only house wives knew who she was. What do I care what team she's a fan of.

As far as Owen, I think he's got a nasty streak and could be an excellent counter to Brandon Jacobs in short yardage.

I'm actually a big fan of Deon, so if we don't draft Owen, I won't be too dissapointed.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;1948935 said:
I'm actually a big fan of Deon, so if we don't draft Owen, I won't be too dissapointed.
I'm in complete agreement with you right there.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Hostile;1948876 said:
There is no position on the team where we should ever pass up the opportunity to improve if the player who can be that improvement is there. I like Anderson, but if we can get better, he can be a backup and a ST guy. I am fine with that.

Better option means better team and that is the goal. Always.

This philosophy is flawless, but there are so many other positions on this team that could use the same opportunity for improvement.

Unless the offense relies heavily on the fullback, there is no reason to make a player like this a priority. From what I have observed it does not.

If we draft this player, I will be very disappointed. Not because he is not a good player, but that he will be drafted fairly high and that means we have to put off a more legitimate issue.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
CATCH17;1948847 said:
I found out yesterday Rachel Ray is a Commanders fan.

It really put a damper on my weekend :(

108272543-L.jpg

That just hurts me.

Inconclusive evidence!!!!:mad::mad::mad::skins:

Oh because Schmitt is the 2nd coming of Moose???

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
theogt;1948865 said:
The FB we drafted last year isn't that good.

Whatever theo. i realize you like your pet cat but thats just silly. Anderson was playing well, getting push on his blocks and was excellent in ST and in the passing game.

I love your 'I saw Shmitt catch a ball' thing but the guy hasnt caught more than 12 balls a year and having played at WV is going to be as green as grass in pass protection. We do have Garrett as our OC.

5th round fine other than that youre just asking for Fasano 2.