Owens could be out 2-3 weeks (Mort)

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
Saw this on another Website......this is not confirmed.

Apparently Mort was on the radio saying Owens could be out 2-3 weeks with a spained ankle. This could huge for us in week 10 in Philthy. If true, I hope we give Henry an extra week to let his groin totally heal.

That flush sound.....the Eagles season (If true)!!!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a rumor: He just posted it again during his weekly chat.

----------------

sn2.gif
Chris Mortensen: (11:06 AM ET ) Good morning... I just reported that Terrell Owens has a sprained ankle and has told the team he doubts he can play this week vs. Commanders.... let's get started.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/index
---------------

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Wonderful, Owens is the only player in my NFL football watching lifetime that I have not felt sorry for when injured.

Dye

Reaction score
just curious - is it the same ankle he injured last season?

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i cant say i am happy that even TO is injured...just doesnt feel right to
think that way for me......
however, since its an ankle sprain i hope its a "high" ankle sprain because
we all know how long those things take to heal !!!

Richmond Cowboy

Reaction score
Dye - yep, see article link above.
I'm sure he will be in no hurry back this time given what went on regarding his contract. In fact, since he is almost certainly going to leave the Eagles after this season he probably doesn't mind them tanking.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
So.... is this how TO gets his "revenge" on the Eagles' front office???

He's been crystal clear that if he had to do it over again, he wouldn't have played while injured in the Super Bowl... and given the severity of that ankle injury, the Eagles simply can't question him if he says it hurts now...

But it's awfully convenient that he's going to sit out during the most crucial 2-3 game stretch of the Eagles' season... three straight divisional games.

I think TO might be playing mind games with the Eagles.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That's the first thing I thought of, too, Danny... Owens didn't look hurt in the Broncos game. I wonder if this is just his way of sitting out a frustrating season.

Hiero

Reaction score
Awesome. TO has been too good for my fantasy opponents. hopefully mcnabb now plays even worse. much much worse. like o td's 5 int's bad. then hopefully inthe game we play, we make McNabb quit the season and get surgery.

50cent

Reaction score
In giving AH another weeks rest to recover, I would agree. Although, we beat them with TO, so its not like we are worried if he plays or not. I also doubt BP will think that if TO is out then we can rest AH. We will be coming off a bye and our division is stacked right now. He shouldn't just start resting players when we haven't secured anything yet.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
poke said:
i cant say i am happy that even TO is injured...just doesnt feel right to
think that way for me......
however, since its an ankle sprain i hope its a "high" ankle sprain because
we all know how long those things take to heal !!!

GREAT SIGLINE.

Let's hope we get you a matching one when we play the eagles the second time .

Chuck 54

Reaction score
WEll, I'm not happy about it....living in VA, the worst thing that ever happens is when the Skins win a game.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
TO is a physical freak and fitness nut -- 2-3 weeks means he'll be back against us. I hate the guy but you have to respect his SB performance. I want to see us shut him down.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If he has a bad ankle he is nowhere near as dangerous- pretty much becomes average. And with no real #2 WR the Philthies are in big trouble. They already do not have much of a running game, and McFlabb is hobbled, so the bad news keeps coming.
THE WINDOW IS CLOSING!!!!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aaron (Charlotte, NC): Is the T.O. situation similar to the John Abraham situation last year in the playoffs? Is he scared of injuring his ankle worse followed by the Eagles cutting him to avoid his huge bonus and he becomes a free agent with a bum ankle?

sn2.gif
Chris Mortensen: (11:21 AM ET ) You said that. I didn't. (wink).

John (D.C.): Mort: Granted, the Eagles look bad right now. But, why everyone so down? giants haven't won on the road, all cowboys div games are on road. Eagles get two cracks at the giants, and a puff schedule with gb, arizona, st. louis on the dockett. They have started 4-3 in the past.

sn2.gif
Chris Mortensen: (11:35 AM ET ) Well stated. If you're an eagles fan, that's one way to look at it. But the division is much better than it's been in recent years.

Kevin (DC): I kind of always thought Skip Bayless was a blowhard about T.O. being a malcontent who slowly bleeds his team, but it seems more and more like T.O.'s out to prove him right this year. Is that why Owens picked the division games to beg out of?

sn2.gif
Chris Mortensen: (11:50 AM ET ) I don't know that he's begged out of them. If he's injured, he's injured...and he has shown strong recuperative powers in the past. But in light of his recent comments that he wouldn't have played in the Super Bowl had he know what he knows now, it does raise this discussion.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Richmond Cowboy said:
Wonderful, Owens is the only player in my NFL football watching lifetime that I have not felt sorry for when injured.

After what happened with Irvin (not that it was a the players of now fault) but just the way the fans were and cheering. I will never feel soory for an injured Eagle, Eagle players that is, not the bird.