Owens could be out 2-3 weeks (Mort)

burmafrd

Reaction score
He was good in the SB, but he was CLEARLY not 100% or even close to it. He had one big play where the CB fell down, other then that he was only a little better then average. He did not have the speed or quickness that has made him such a threat.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Richmond Cowboy said:
Wonderful, Owens is the only player in my NFL football watching lifetime that I have not felt sorry for when injured.

ummm...
j_theisman2.jpg

Hoov

Reaction score
just listening to philly sports radio.

TO "told" the eagles he may be unavailable for this week and next monday night because his ankle is hurting so bad.

Apparently it is TO declaring he may not be able to play, there is no official word from the eagles team stating he is out or may be out as of yet. and im pretty sure it is the same ankle he injured last year.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Hoov said:
just listening to philly sports radio.

TO "told" the eagles he may be unavailable for this week and next monday night because his ankle is hurting so bad.

Apparently it is TO declaring he may not be able to play, there is no official word from the eagles team stating he is out or may be out as of yet. and im pretty sure it is the same ankle he injured last year.

Maybe this is his way of getting back at them for his contract issues...

Reaction score
I am much more concerned with Henry's status then TO....

But you have to love watching the team from Filthy lose... :cool:

Nav22

Reaction score
What's lost in all this: the Eagles recently opened up talks with Brian Westbrook regarding a new contract for him. I think it's pretty obvious that this pissed TO off, thus the phantom injury.

Hoov

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Maybe this is his way of getting back at them for his contract issues...

most definitely.....he is saying, ok you disrespected me when i did everything i could to make it back to SB and took a big risk. Well, now im gonna play it safe and take care of myself cause you arent looking out for my best interest. And now you (the eagles) will see the difference i make and you will regret the decision not to revisit contract talks and understimate my contribution to the team.

I dont know if he will actually go through with this, or how bad the injury is. Maybe it really is one that requires some rest, but at any rate him coming out and publicly declaring to the eagles that he may be unavailable is definitely sticking it to them.

Normally you would hear an anouncement from the team regarding a players injury and status for upcoming games, but it seems TO is telling the team how it is.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
He was good in the SB, but he was CLEARLY not 100% or even close to it. He had one big play where the CB fell down, other then that he was only a little better then average. He did not have the speed or quickness that has made him such a threat.

9 catches for 122 yards -- his long was 36 - even without the play you mention he still had a very good game against a strong D with a borderline brilliant gameplan. He also drew a couple of defensive penalties that would have been key -- if his teammates didn't turn the ball over to kill those drives.

Average? He looked like Philly's best player.

Hiero

Reaction score
abersonc said:
9 catches for 122 yards -- his long was 36 - even without the play you mention he still had a very good game against a strong D with a borderline brilliant gameplan. He also drew a couple of defensive penalties that would have been key -- if his teammates didn't turn the ball over to kill those drives.

Average? He looked like Philly's best player.
easily their best player, while mcflabb choked and puked his way to a 10 minute "2 minute drill" to lose the game.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
TO will have almost no effect on the dallas game in that if we lose it would be from missed assignments and blown coverage any WR can beat (ala santana moss) you with. It's highly unlikely he gets 5-6 drive continuing first downs anyways. he won't setup Philly's run game. We're not mismatched to the Eagles anymore and in regards to offense ours actually is more balanced and explosive.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
I dont care what anyone says, Im glad, hes the only player I really want injured.

check the link in your signature. it points to your local device ;)

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
This is funny....HE tells the team that he may not be good to go.....hmmmm, ok!?!?!?!?

I don't remember seeing him limp away from the game....does anybody remember that?

Sounds more like he is suffering embarrassment from his low amount of catches recently....even though he is still towards the top last I saw in catches.

dal0789

Reaction score
if we win all the eagles fans will be saying ,"TO wasnt there, thats why we lost".

Hoov

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
This is funny....HE tells the team that he may not be good to go.....hmmmm, ok!?!?!?!?

I don't remember seeing him limp away from the game....does anybody remember that?

Sounds more like he is suffering embarrassment from his low amount of catches recently....even though he is still towards the top last I saw in catches.

TO's decline in receptions is cause mcnabb thorws it at the ground 3 feet short of him on a quick slant. he is open a lot, mcnabb doesnt get the ball anywhere near him.

And you see that he is getting more and more frustrated with this if you watch the games

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
This seems like a good thread to bring this back :D

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/to3zx.jpg

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I hope he plays......we could have a let down.....we are so good it will not matter.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Take out the one play and he is 8 for 86 yds. that is pretty sad for a WR. Anyone claiming that he was anywhere near 100% is smoking something pretty strong.

silver

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
I hope he plays......we could have a let down.....we are so good it will not matter.

me too. i hope he plays and roy re-breaks his leg with a horse collar tackle. i'd take that penalty any day. that would be poetic justice