Owens could be out 2-3 weeks (Mort)

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Oh yeah. He also said that Owens hurt it on the long play when he was tackled from behind by Champ Bailey. That makes sense, but he still didn't show any signs of pain after the play.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
I dont care what anyone says, Im glad, hes the only player I really want injured.

Not me, there's plenty I'd like to see go down and go down hard!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
This seems like a good thread to bring this back :D

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v316/Yeagermeister/to3zx.jpg
My all time favorite sig pic. I like the "don't" added.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
kingwhicker said:
Not me, there's plenty I'd like to see go down and go down hard!

I want almost all NFC East foes hurt, but I wouldnt necceasarily root for a legitimate injuryt o a Tiki Barber type guy.

But yea, I of course want our D to hurt them

marchetta

Reaction score
Dye said:
just curious - is it the same ankle he injured last season?

Yes. I heard on ESPN yesterday that it's the same ankle RW injured last year.

marchetta

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
This is funny....HE tells the team that he may not be good to go.....hmmmm, ok!?!?!?!?

I don't remember seeing him limp away from the game....does anybody remember that?

Sounds more like he is suffering embarrassment from his low amount of catches recently....even though he is still towards the top last I saw in catches.
I didn't catch the game, so I can't comment on him showing any ill effects of an ankle injury during the game. But, ESPN showed him leaving the locker room after the game and you could see him limping as he walked. However, he was walking unassisted while pulling his luggage. So, I'm surprised he's pulling himself out of the Commanders game. Well...maybe I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Danny White said:
But it's awfully convenient that he's going to sit out during the most crucial 2-3 game stretch of the Eagles' season... three straight divisional games.
Gosh, what kind of player would milk an injury and stay out of games over money? :D

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th said:
I want almost all NFC East foes hurt, but I wouldnt necceasarily root for a legitimate injuryt o a Tiki Barber type guy.

But yea, I of course want our D to hurt them

Of course, there are some legit nice guys around the league like Barber that I would wish no ill will upon. Every case is different.

Kilyin

Reaction score
I'm kinda partial to this one..

jato8zg.jpg

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan If true said:
Exactly my first thought when I read the title of this post. The thought of not having Henry against Owens scared the crap out of me. That extra week may end up being crucial for his recovery. Those kinds of injuries take weeks, not days, to heal from.

Oh and as a sidenote, anyone questioning the amount of time Julius has been out has no clue how serious an ankle sprain, especially a high ankle sprain, can be. They can take months to fully recover from. If anyone wants to question my expertise on that, I'm a physical therapist finishing up my doctorate who has suffered numerous ankle sprains including a high ankle sprain. Julius proved his toughness last year when he came back. He's just had some bad luck.

lspain1

Reaction score
Folks, T.O. may be the southbound end of a northbound horse but he's not stupid. I suspect that he is unwilling to risk much for a team he is unhappy with, but I don't doubt the injury. He has shown himself this year to be among the very best wideouts in the game. If he avoids a serious injury he will look to make bigger bucks next year with somebody. I think he is hurt and is not willing to "take one for the team" when he feels underappreciated. The only way he kills the goose laying the golden eggs is either by getting injured or looking like he is deliberately dogging it. I just can't see him faking it at this point.

He is unloved in Philly by team, management, and fans so what incentive does he have to take a chance with an injury? I may not like him much but his logic seems reasonable to me.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
It's a sad day when the highlight of your day is hearing that another team's player is injured....

Some of you people are beyond pathetic. :rolleyes:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
TO told the team he's not going to play this week or next. He certainly won't play this week against the Commanders, and I'd highly doubt he'll play against the Cowboys. He knows he's out on the street after this year and doesn't want to play unless he's 100%.

By the way, whatever happened to AJM? He'd be fun to kick around these days.. :)

Hoods

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
It's a sad day when the highlight of your day is hearing that another team's player is injured....

Who said it was the highlight of their day? Just curious.

Grevus

Reaction score
This sucks.....I don't want anymore excuses as to why the boys spanked them again in 2 weeks.

ravidubey

Reaction score
It would be hilarious to see Philadelphia beat Washington in Maryland without T.O. Yes, I hate Washington that much. And I really want Dallas to play Philly with T.O.-- I can't stand the thought of Philly fans making dumb excuses about why they lost.

CM Duck

I'm breaking the 4th wall...
Reaction score
that would suck if he wasn't in the Monday Night game. In other words, that would make 2 games in a row where "arrogant-81" didn't show up for a Cowboys' game. LOL :lmao2:

it would suck for the jabroni eagles fans.

Honestly I would love to see him in the game, just to see T-New and AH shut him down once again!

I have no sympathy for t.o., the eagles fans, or eagles franchise. 2 reasons:

The STAR incident and them cheering when Irvin went down.

Can you say Karma?

marchetta

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Normally, I would agree with you. But, we ARE talking about TO, so we get a pass!