Owens Spitting Truth About Romo

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
His wiki says he played 16 seasons at $5,640 per year that's $90,240 a month or $1,082,880 a year
I think the issue is that the information in that "investopedia" link is wrong. Just about everything else I've seen says that the maximum pension that any player can earn is around 200k a year (still not bad).

WinnipegBoy22

Reaction score
TO was a major talent, but also a major A-hole.
Yes he had talent his biggest problem was he let the little head the thinking for the big head which lead to him to putting out way more money than he was taking in. Always liked him on the field but off field he had no brains and judging by this interview i'm right.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Owens is right. Tony was just an above average quarterback in an era of inflated passing stats.

Their are at least 10 quarterbacks playing right now better than Romo.

Mahomes
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Watson
Ben
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Goff
But ... but ....but Romo is our god!
How could you be so harsh!

exciter

Reaction score
That is why he's given a platform to state his opinion...because of his HOF career on the field and he's uniquely positioned to give his opinion. He played with Romo and other QBs whom were better winners than Romo.
You might not like the Owens but his opinion carries weight and Facts
A fairly insignificant show gave him a platform to basically spew what is BS, after he twitted some other dumb crap in hopes of increasing its ratings. Maybe later he can boo hoo some more about how Romo and Witten were writing up plays in the huddle so he didn't get the ball!

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Suggesting accolades resolve this is a mistake. Drew Pearson had far better stats than Lynn Swan. Yet which is in the Hall.

I am saying Tony's skill set and passing ability and accuracy, and by far his intellect to break down a defense was and is superior to everyone on that list except Brady and Rodgers. He is on par with Brees. The only way Rapesmysister ois ahead os because he is essentially a middle linebacker and hard to bring down. Rivers is close but Tony is better.

Mahomes is playing sandlot football, but that doesn't mean he is a Hall of Famer. And even if he was nothing is equal in football/

You have a pet cat. Great, we all do. But let's not allow that woody to blind you to the fact this kid is in his second year and first starting. There is a great deal of football to be played before he is considered consistent.
So if mahomes is playing “sandlot” football why is tony romo who is apparently a genius not able to have a season even remotely as good as Mahomes?

Is mahomes that much more physically talented than Romo?

Tony doesn’t have a football IQ like Peyton Manning. He doesn’t have a skill set like mahomes. Or passing ability like Brady. If he did he’d actually have won something.

Every other QB actually called “elite” has.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Owens is right. Tony was just an above average quarterback in an era of inflated passing stats.

Mahomes
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Watson
Ben
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Goff

Wentz? :lmao: lost his job to Foles.

GoJacks

Reaction score
I think the issue is that the information in that "investopedia" link is wrong. Just about everything else I've seen says that the maximum pension that any player can earn is around 200k a year (still not bad).
And when does that even start? Age 65?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
And when does that even start? Age 65?
Yeah I think to get that, you would have to delay to 65. Fairly standard pension stuff.
Another thing I found is that apparently the maximum MLB pension is also around 200k. Since the average MLB player has higher career earnings than the average NFL player, I think this also points to the NFL maximum pension being in the same ballpark.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They are on occasion absolutely told and asked to say controversial things. I have worked in show business before.
Show business and television sports news are different. Have you worked in television sports news?

Gator88

Reaction score

Mahomes
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Watson
Ben
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Goff
Man trolls can't even do a good job anymore. People don't take the bait when it's worlds away from being true.

Gator88

Reaction score
True.

But the opposite applies.

Why are we propping him up?

Yes, the thread is sad.
Did you see half of the first page of the thread? When a lot of idiots spew incorrect information, people will correct them.

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
His wiki says he played 16 seasons at $5,640 per year that's $90,240 a month or $1,082,880 a year
At age 55 or so. He has a while to go I am sure if he blew 80 million he will find a way to be living in a box when he finally hits 55. Probably borrowing against it

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Tony was just an above average quarterback in an era of inflated passing stats.
So go by the rankings then. Playing in a pass-happy era can't make you rank higher than your contemporaries.

Romo is one of only six players with 8+ consecutive top 10 seasons in passer rating.

Manning, Brady, Fouts, Young, Brees, Romo.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
So go by the rankings then. Playing in a pass-happy era can't make you rank higher than your contemporaries.

Romo is one of only six players with 8+ consecutive top 10 seasons in passer rating.

Manning, Brady, Fouts, Young, Brees, Romo.
That means nothing. Why not 7+ or 10+?

Tony romo is a slightly above average quarterback. I’d say he’s at best Jared Goff level