Owens Spitting Truth About Romo

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:lmao:LMAO:lmao:
BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:lmao2:LMAO:lmao2:

BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,(er,,, once I recover from the factual hilarity that was casually relayed& resoundingly imparted in something akin' of a ribaldly stark poured concrete structure, upon yer' fellow forum members of footballish fandom,,, I'd prolly wanna say how much enjoyable mirth and great merriment that was derived,,,but,I'm still kinda' Rollin' with it:lmao:)
BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa

:laugh:LMAO:laugh:

BAWAAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA,,,,, er,,,o_O

I see you learned how to use 6 letters bawher. Now learn some more letters and then learn how to make words.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I’m not talking owners and coaches, I’m talking TV networks.

And again if a player is foolish enough to do it they find themselves either released or shopped and then released. Only brainless players can be talked into that because 99.99% of them know that is a quick ticket out and possibly a long wait to get signed again.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I see you learned how to use 6 letters bawher. Now learn some more letters and then learn how to make words.
Well now! ain't you just full of beans & knowledgeable Hints from Heloise?o_O

Cmac

Reaction score
Huh? Explain. That’s was 12 years ago, nothing like it ever happened again, and they did then, and still do, catch crap for it.
That was the leadership going on vacation.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was the leadership going on vacation.

I know “what” it was, but how does that “say it all”? It was a one time, youthful mistake, that was never repeated, and was really more about perception than substance. And considering people still complain about it even today, and the media still writes about even today, and how much grief they got for it back then and over the years, how did they come out “unscathed”.

What “says it all” about Romo and Witten is what they did over their careers, which, despite unfortunately always falling short of team goals, included a lot of blood, sweat and tears shed to make themselves and the team as good as possible.

Last edited:

starfan1

Reaction score
I had a hard time dealing with Romo fans. Not Romo but his fans . I felt like they tend to be a little over the top with his praise.

That said statistically Romo did a lot for this team and it was probably the GM that failed cowboy fans not the qb.

I hated his untimely picks and when the dude finally won me over his body failed him.

What I fail to see more than anything else is why it’s necessary to elevate 1 qb at the expense of another

I love him as an announcer and wish he was wearing a headset for the cowboys

Falco78

Reaction score
Owens is right. Tony was just an above average quarterback in an era of inflated passing stats.

Their are at least 10 quarterbacks playing right now better than Romo.

Mahomes
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Watson
Ben
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Goff
I have to argue a few of these. Watson, Rivers, Wentz and Goff might be of the same level but are definitely not better by any means. Our FO for a UDFA hit one of the biggest homeruns I could have imagined

Hadenough

Reaction score
Owens is right. Tony was just an above average quarterback in an era of inflated passing stats.

Their are at least 10 quarterbacks playing right now better than Romo.

Mahomes
Brady
Wilson
Rodgers
Brees
Rivers
Watson
Ben
Luck
Ryan
Wentz
Goff
Any one of those above QBs is better than Dak too! I would say that Romo and Mat Ryan were identical until Ryan finally had a good run under Kyle Shanahan. Ryan was good but a choker. The difference between Romo and Dak is that Romo was above avg and Dak is avg. And Im not defending Romo because I had enough of his crap after that Commander loss in 2012 in a win and your in game. I wanted Dallas to trade Romo and maybe 2 #1 draft picks to take Andrew Luck but Jerry was too dumb to even offer that.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I know “what” it was, but how does that “say it all”? It was a one time, youthful mistake, that was never repeated, and was really more about perception than substance. And considering people still complain about it even today, and the media still writes about even today, and how much grief they got for it back then and over the years, how did they come out “unscathed”.

What “says it all” about Romo and Witten is what they did over their careers, which, despite unfortunately always falling short of team goals, included a lot of blood, sweat and tears shed to make themselves and the team as good as possible.
I think it's a ridiculous as Romo wearing his hat backward given the circumstances.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Tony Romo was a very good QB almost great but Tony was a Gambler and was not afraid to take chances . The same chances that I have seen some other QBs take .

The problem was as good a QB as Tony was he was just that unlucky at the worst times . If Tony just had average luck just AVERAGE LUCK his whole career would have been different and the teams also but Tony probably has never won a scratch off at a gas station .

The guy had zero luck but it never dampened his desire to take chances at the worst times and sadly it had a negative affect on his career and the way fans and the media viewed him .

The only way I can justify it is to say all his luck was used up in getting the most coveted job in sports as an undrafted FA

CWR

Reaction score
Tony Romo was a very good QB almost great but Tony was a Gambler and was not afraid to take chances . The same chances that I have seen some other QBs take .

The problem was as good a QB as Tony was he was just that unlucky at the worst times . If Tony just had average luck just AVERAGE LUCK his whole career would have been different and the teams also but Tony probably has never won a scratch off at a gas station .

The guy had zero luck but it never dampened his desire to take chances at the worst times and sadly it had a negative affect on his career and the way fans and the media viewed him .

The only way I can justify it is to say all his luck was used up in getting the most coveted job in sports as an undrafted FA

It was always some key player making a horrendous mistake when we needed them the most. I had zero faith in Romo's teams and it wasn't always his fault by any means. You're right about no luck at all, its an oblong ball and it rarely seemed to bounce our way in critical moments. I can remember frustratedly saying to blow up the whole thing, because for some reason beyond me we simply could not get it done with those teams. Could there have been a more challenging era of Cowboy football?

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Romo will be in the Ring of Honor.

Can his haters do me a favor and bottle up their tears for me when that happens? I’ll pay top dollar for them.
For...... why would you put a player in the ROH who never won anything? I mean really, it's for honor, not choking in the big games. Hell, TR never even won an NFCC so he's not what one would call elite. He played some good games, but in the end, he never took the team back to championship status. A name who does deserve to be there is Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman because they actually won something.

Nav22

Reaction score
For...... why would you put a player in the ROH who never won anything? I mean really, it's for honor, not choking in the big games. Hell, TR never even won an NFCC so he's not what one would call elite. He played some good games, but in the end, he never took the team back to championship status. A name who does deserve to be there is Jimmy Johnson, Troy Aikman because they actually won something.
https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jerry-jones-romo-will-be-in-ring-of-honor

Sell me your sweet, delicious tears. Don’t make me beg!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Another player speaking the truth about Romo. Great announcer, good qb, never a winner.

what did Ownes accomplish? he did get kicked out of 4 teams. and its obvious he will never be a good analyst or announcer, since this is personal between him and Romo everything is always personal with Owens...Ownes sucked as a team mate.......he destroyed 3 teams along his career. he can go *** himself for all I care....and its not about Romo....its about Ownes and his lack of character as a person.

I mean his act of not showing up for canton because he didn't get elected in his frist year of eligibility shows his selfish attitude....thinking he is bigger than the game, the league and all those who came before him that allowed him to be what he is.... once again, *** you Owens....