Pa. governor sues NCAA over Penn State sanctions

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4941277 said:
I presented the FACT and you claim that I ignore it.

They agreed to it.

As much as you wish that pesky little fact did not exist...it does.

Yeah, you totally ignore all the facts. Like I said, whatever. You only see one side and that is all you want to see.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4941322 said:
Yeah, you totally ignore all the facts. Like I said, whatever. You only see one side and that is all you want to see.

YOU only see one side of it.

If this was not Penn State and you had no ties to it...you would not be as passionate about it and I would be willing to bet money you would be on the other side of the fence about it as well...but that is my opinion.

What is NOT my opinion is the FACT that PENN STATE agreed to the punishment.

Again..no matter how much you try to wiggle away from that fact...you can not.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4941289 said:
The problem I have with all of this is not the punishment or if Penn St. got handled correctly or not. The problem I have with this is that these violations were reported as early as 1985 to the NCAA. The NCAA did an internal investigation all of this was neatly swept under the Rug. Problem being that from about 68 to 96, Penn St. was a gold mind for the NCAA. They were in no hurry to end that so they conveniently ignored some of the things that were going on. That's not right and I personally have a hard time with the fact that the NCAA is going to skate on that scott free.

It was people that failed those kids. Not the college. It's absurd to punish people who had NOTHING to do with it just get their "drop of blood" which is what Brainpaint and others are doing. They don't look at all the facts just crow about "They accepted it so it must be fair". :rolleyes:
Stupid logic if ever there was any.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy;4941345 said:
Funny coming from a guy who forged a reputation when the political zone was alive of being the resident fence sitter. Now you can only see one detail.
Hilarious.

When it comes to those that looked the other way over child molestation...You darn right I am on one side of the fence and frankly I find it disgusting for those on the other side of this issue.

There will be only ONE side of the fence you will find me one when it comes to those that perpetrate or turn a blind eye towards the molesting of children.

I don't care if it was a family members that did the molesting and other family members that looked the other way and let it go on.

No sitting on the fence when it comes to this topic.

So you can take that fence sitting snide remark of yours and throw it away because I care more about a child than a greedy university that did it's best to hide that kind of thing and those that defend it.

If you had no ties to Penn State I would hope you would be on the same side of the fence as I am...sadly since you do have ties you are on the other side of the fence...either way....the fact remains they agreed to the punishment so if you are mad about anything...be mad at the leadership at Penn State that let this crap go on for years and be mad at the leadership that agreed to the punishment.

Don't be mad at those that condemn it.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4941360 said:
When it comes to those that looked the other way over child molestation...You darn right I am on one side of the fence and frankly I find it disgusting for those on the other side of this issue.

Oh spare me the soliloquy. No one is saying those responsible shouldn't be punished. Lose the stupid high horse argument.

Either you are just acting stupid for the sake of your misinformed opinion or you are being purposefully obstinate.

You aren't anymore outraged over these kids being abused than me or anyone else. It's just that we want those responsible punished and the ones who are not to be left alone.

And that is the FACT that you refuse to even consider.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I love how the political zone continually haunts his board despite being dead for how many years now?

Always brings a smile to my face. Good times.

:D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4941354 said:
It was people that failed those kids. Not the college. It's absurd to punish people who had NOTHING to do with it just get their "drop of blood" which is what Brainpaint and others are doing. They don't look at all the facts just crow about "They accepted it so it must be fair". :rolleyes:
Stupid logic if ever there was any.

I'm sorry Cajun, I can't agree here. It may have been people but the brand of Penn State was, IMO, what was at the heart of "People" not doing the right thing. The University has to go down and the sooner this process is done, the sooner Penn St. can rise again.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4941520 said:
I'm sorry Cajun, I can't agree here. It may have been people but the brand of Penn State was, IMO, what was at the heart of "People" not doing the right thing. The University has to go down and the sooner this process is done, the sooner Penn St. can rise again.

The fear of losing their jobs is what was at the heart of it. Individuals care more about themselves than any brand or any image for an institution if it means their own own hide is on the line.
Sean Lee and every other player had nothing to do with it but all his wins were vacated. They were stripped of all accomplishments and were made to be pariahs because of the witch hunt.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4941526 said:
The fear of losing their jobs is what was at the heart of it. Individuals care more about themselves than any brand or any image for an institution if it means their own own hide is on the line.
Sean Lee and every other player had nothing to do with it but all his wins were vacated. They were stripped of all accomplishments and were made to be pariahs because of the witch hunt.

No. You might be able to make the case of that with the everyday people but the very senior folks, I don't think that plays. Penn St. at the very highest levels, was aware of what was going on within the Football Program and they neglected to act. The brand was more important and that just can't happen. I can sympathies with the players but it's still a situation that can not be left unpunished.

Besides, the real issue here is not the NCAA. The real issue here is the perception the public has with Penn St. PSU must accept this and move on. It's the only way the public will allow them to come back into the fold. If they don't do this, PSU will never reclaim the stature it once had. The best thing for PSU is to just accept the punishment and move on IMO.

That's just what I think Cajun.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sasquatch;4941399 said:
I love how the political zone continually haunts his board despite being dead for how many years now?

:laugh2:

Yep.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;4941546 said:
No. You might be able to make the case of that with the everyday people but the very senior folks, I don't think that plays. Penn St. at the very highest levels, was aware of what was going on within the Football Program and they neglected to act. The brand was more important and that just can't happen. I can sympathies with the players but it's still a situation that can not be left unpunished.

Besides, the real issue here is not the NCAA. The real issue here is the perception the public has with Penn St. PSU must accept this and move on. It's the only way the public will allow them to come back into the fold. If they don't do this, PSU will never reclaim the stature it once had. The best thing for PSU is to just accept the punishment and move on IMO.

That's just what I think Cajun.

So an injustice is perpetrated simply for blood lust and we are suppose to accept just so people can get their "I hate child molesters more than the next guy" buttons on their lapel, right?

No, that doesn't fly.

The people who are at the top are PEOPLE. If they simply shot people at the school, would you be in favor of these punishments?

They have already been eviscerated publicly and they ARE going to stand trial. You punish the people who did the wrong thing. Not an entire group of people who are innocent.

This country has sunk to a level where it's more important to make a statement than to punish those who are really responsible.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4941203 said:
Here is a fact.

THEY AGREED TO THE PUNISHMENT.

FACT!

They were told to sign the consent decree or face the death penalty. That's hardly agreeing to the punishment, especially when the NCAA ignored multiple of their own bylaws and bypassed the only entity that can officially issue sanctions, their committee of infractions.

Penn State's acting President, who had only been on the job for a short time, probably didn't have the authority to sign the consent decree but was given a sign now or else ultimatum and never went through the proper channels.

ESPN made this a football scandal when the true scandal happened at the Second Mile (in the interest of disclosure, I was formerly associated with TSM), Emmert thought the NCAA needed to respond and broke protocols and procedures to do so. He may have also broken the law according to some insiders in Harrisburg.

If Penn State's sanctions stand, what would stop the NCAA from placing a bowl ban on say Texas for the alleged sexual assault by players on the bowl trip? Could they just skip the MNC game and award Alabama the title due to an incident earlier in the year involving Notre Dame football players?

The NCAA is inept. Cam Newton's father openly pimped his son and they couldn't do a darn thing about it. They thought they had a chance to flex their muscles and did until a bigger, stronger bully in Corbett came along.

Hoov

Reaction score
Sasquatch;4941399 said:

I was just reading this thread and thinking the same thing. Although this is a very serious topic, it reminded me of some very entertaining debates in the PZ, especially between Brain and Cajun.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
Hoov;4941588 said:
I was just reading this thread and thinking the same thing. Although this is a very serious topic, it reminded me of some very entertaining debates in the PZ, especially between Brain and Cajun.

And Brain and I never charged admission. :D

burmafrd

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4941094 said:
Pull your head out of your rear end. Just look at the facts and not act like the other witch hunters.

wanna talk about their head stuck up their rear end?

Look in the mirror

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4941573 said:
So an injustice is perpetrated simply for blood lust and we are suppose to accept just so people can get their "I hate child molesters more than the next guy" buttons on their lapel, right?

No, that doesn't fly.

The people who are at the top are PEOPLE. If they simply shot people at the school, would you be in favor of these punishments?

They have already been eviscerated publicly and they ARE going to stand trial. You punish the people who did the wrong thing. Not an entire group of people who are innocent.

This country has sunk to a level where it's more important to make a statement than to punish those who are really responsible.

The NCAA is, of course, going to throw Penn St. under the bus here. For all the reasons I have state earlier, the NCAA has very, very strong reasons why they want PSU to take the fall here. I am not questioning that but, it's also not the driving reason why PSU has to accept this. The thing that drove Penn St. Football was perception. They were perceived as the Gold Standard for a very long time in College Sports. Even in their decline in later years, they were still perceived as devoid of talent but well coached and intelligent. They were never perceived as cheaters or Child Molesters or what have you. They are now and because of that, you will never draw. You will not reach the heights you once did with recruiting and you will never regain that stature you once had. You must accept this and move on if you want to return to what you once were.

It's a separate issue all together. This Country is a forgiving one but only if you show remorse. Only if you accept the judgement of the people and pay for the crime, so to speak, in the eyes of the people. If you do that, they will forgive. If you do not, you are done. This is what I believe.

The very best thing Penn State could do right now is let this Governor do whatever it is he wants to do but simply accept the judgement and move on. Don't get involved with all of that. It's only going to keep the wounds open and Penn State will continue to bleed. What will eventually happen is that the NCAA will be brought into the mix, questions that have not been asked will be asked, evidence that has not been presented may come to light and the NCAA may get theirs in the end because of this. As for PSU, take it and move on. That's the only way you will regain the confidence of the masses.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Penn State homers will never admit it. THere are always excuses and blame someone else.

The University leadership covered for a pedophile.

The University has to suffer so as to make sure that it never happens again.

There was an attitude that has to be taken down.

Cajun is an example of the attitude that has to be changed.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;4941587 said:
They were told to sign the consent decree or face the death penalty. That's hardly agreeing to the punishment, especially when the NCAA ignored multiple of their own bylaws and bypassed the only entity that can officially issue sanctions, their committee of infractions.

Penn State's acting President, who had only been on the job for a short time, probably didn't have the authority to sign the consent decree but was given a sign now or else ultimatum and never went through the proper channels.

ESPN made this a football scandal when the true scandal happened at the Second Mile (in the interest of disclosure, I was formerly associated with TSM), Emmert thought the NCAA needed to respond and broke protocols and procedures to do so. He may have also broken the law according to some insiders in Harrisburg.

If Penn State's sanctions stand, what would stop the NCAA from placing a bowl ban on say Texas for the alleged sexual assault by players on the bowl trip? Could they just skip the MNC game and award Alabama the title due to an incident earlier in the year involving Notre Dame football players?

The NCAA is inept. Cam Newton's father openly pimped his son and they couldn't do a darn thing about it. They thought they had a chance to flex their muscles and did until a bigger, stronger bully in Corbett came along.

Hey hey hey! There is only one fact that gets any play around here. Don't you know that?

Other than Sandusky, Curley and Schultz need to go down and go down hard. But this continued falsity that the entire University is corrupt and must pay is lunacy.

Cajuncowboy

Reaction score
burmafrd;4941631 said:
Penn State homers will never admit it. THere are always excuses and blame someone else.

The University leadership covered for a pedophile.

The University has to suffer so as to make sure that it never happens again.

There was an attitude that has to be taken down.

Cajun is an example of the attitude that has to be changed.

You are an example of someone who thinks they are a moral superior. You think the everyone at the University has to suffer for the misdeeds of a few. You sound very much like a lib who colors all conservatives as racist.

You don't have the very first clue what you are talking about.