Packer Fans - Revisionist history already at work...

StylisticS

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1802018 said:
What a delusional bunch of idiots.
Randolph Hiedler said:
Take away Favres stupid throws for interceptions, the Packers would have went into over time with the Cowboys. Take away the refs two inexcusable calls and the Packers would have won the game.
Do you really want to go into the woulda shoulda coulda, packer fan. Because I know many of us can say the same thing about our offense right now.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
windward;1802718 said:
IMO I think Green Bay loses at Chicago

I said before we played the Packers that they would lose to us... therefore starting their first 2 game losing streak.

I think they lose their next game and THAT game in Chicago. I was told last week by a zone member that a Green Bay win over Chicago was a lock... lets see....

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Dandy Don once said "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, what a Merry Christmas we'd all have"...

Personally, I prefer "if my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle"...

Just like Trix are for kids, ifs are for losers...

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1804158 said:
Dandy Don once said "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts, what a Merry Christmas we'd all have"...

Personally, I prefer "if my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle"...

Just like Trix are for kids, ifs are for losers...

How is it that Hallmark hasn't signed you yet?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
kevwun;1801966 said:
That write up is complete garbage. I'm sure McCarthy was sand bagging in a game that probably decided home field advantage.

Yea, thats a new one.

"lets go plain vanilla and not show any of our good stuff so we can surprise them later in the NFC Championship game"

So we have gone from just being a lucky team, to the refs giving us the game, to now our oppenents are intentionally throwing games.:eek:

WOW, JUST WOW;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
YoMick;1804047 said:
I said before we played the Packers that they would lose to us... therefore starting their first 2 game losing streak.

I think they lose their next game and THAT game in Chicago. I was told last week by a zone member that a Green Bay win over Chicago was a lock... lets see....

Their next game is against sorry-arse Oakland.:mad:

I dont see a lose here, the following week in Chicago I think they lose.:D

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
bbgun;1804162 said:
How is it that Hallmark hasn't signed you yet?

It's a wonder, isn't it?? I could crank out some greeting cards that would make your hair curl... :D

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
I love it when they give "credit" then in the next sentence they take it away with excuses.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;1804290 said:
Yea, thats a new one.

"lets go plain vanilla and not show any of our good stuff so we can surprise them later in the NFC Championship game"

That's an old Commander excuse, right there. :rolleyes:

TEK2000

Reaction score
That guy acts like we unloaded our entire arsenal of blitzes and schemes for this one game. Apparently he hasn't watched any other Cowboys games this season.

The beauty of Wade's blitzes is that... you can see them all you want on film... but you've got your work cut out for you being ready for them ON THE FIELD.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
Can't fault the poster for trying to see the positives in a loss, but much of this is a reach.

The poster seems to ignore some of the obvious. My two cent response...

1. The Cowboys D looked like they had eased up some after Favre went out, so I wouldn't exactly jump up and down for the "show" Rodgers put on.

2. Sorry, but comparing Rodgers to Young or Montana should probably wait until Rodgers has thrown for a bit more than 300 or so career yards.

Romo had success today, but his success was predicated on having time to throw the ball.

3. Well, yeah...most QBs in the league have greater success when they have more time to throw the ball.

T.O. beat Harris a couple times, but T.O.’s production came on mismatches.

4. Again, that's how you have success. Teams look for mismatches to exploit. However, even if Woodson had played, shutting down TO is not as easy as you describe.

5. Just let the penalties go. Even the VP of officiating said that the calls made were the right calls.

6. McCarthy played more conservatively on defense because of injuries, not because he wanted to save some surprises for the playoffs. To even suggest that is a joke.

7. The Cowboys blitz was far from intricate. In fact, the Cowboys went with 4-5 man rushes most of the night which, to me, suggests that perhaps it's the Packers offensive line that's the problem.

I wholeheartedly do not think the Cowboys can play better than they did tonight. That was them at their peak.

8. In your dreams, maybe.

zack

Reaction score
Tell me who the hell is Charles Woodson? Overrated as hell. Never done anything to meet the hype. We handled the Giants D-ends just fine. KJB and Kapman are no better. Please stop with the excuses....

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sheesh, talk about long-winded! I guess if you're going to polish a turd you'll need a LOT of buffing.

Angus

Reaction score
DallasInDC;1801912 said:
That was too long to read...I could only get through the forst 4-5 paragraphs. Maybe there was more to the rest of the post that I didn't read, but from what I read, I didn't see anything that differed from what we were saying after we lost to NE. After the NE game we all were saying that we liked our chances in a rematch and that the loss will help us more than the win would help NE.

Yes. Let them do what comes naturally to biased fans who lose: play the "what if" and "next time" games. It results in no harm and keeps spirits up.

All dedicated fans do it.

:)

Aikbach

Reaction score
"Pack played vanilla to wait and throw everything at Dallas in the NFC Championship"

Attempting and then failing a surprise on-side kick is not vanilla it is VERY risky.

Going deep six of your first 8 throws is also pretty risky.

Trying to set up a flea flicker that was botched is also trickery.

Pack tried to pull out all their bells and whistles and it failed, deal with it Packer fans, Brett Favre has a kryptonite called playing the Dallas Cowboys at Texas Stadium.

Daudr

Reaction score
Did Mike McCarthy intentionally plan a vanilla package? Do not misinterpret me: this game was important; it was the biggest game of the year. McCarthy knew this. However, considering the injuries to KGB and Woodson, and then taking into account the injury to Favre, do you think that McCarthy—from the moment Favre went down—intentionally went to a basic package on offense and defense?

ROFLMAO! Talk about wishful thinking.

Daudr

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1801898 said:
My opinions are as follows:

1. The Cowboys could of hung 50 on the Packers D if they wanted to.

2. The Cowboys defense changed after Farve left the game.

3. The Packers weren't the only ones to suffer from questionable calls.

4. Both teams had some key injuries.

My thoughts exactly. This game was no where close to what it looked like by the final score. This could have easily been a 52-17 type game.