Packers fire HC Mike McCarthy, name Joe Philbin interim HC

glimmerman

Reaction score
Man, rogers has some real pull on that team. He gets the HC fired. Lol. Could Romo have gotten JG fired?

Looks like rogers either has his skills starting to diminish or his team around him isn’t that great. Not sure this season is the HC fault but he is the boss that runs the show. Or at least I thought he was. Looks like rogers is the qb/hc.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Man, rogers has some real pull on that team. He gets the HC fired. Lol. Could Romo have gotten JG fired?

Looks like rogers either has his skills starting to diminish or his team around him isn’t that great. Not sure this season is the HC fault but he is the boss that runs the show. Or at least I thought he was. Looks like rogers is the qb/hc.
Well let’s put it like this. This year, it was Rodgers fault and not really the HC but McCarthy have been the problem for years.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Read the post history. Its alsways something and it’s always consistent, and it’s usuually but not always “not Garrett.”

When I was complaining about the defense, we had one of the worst in franchise history. And you were the ones blaming the offensive scheme and the play calling even back then. When offensive production was top-10 in the league.

So don’t try to paint it like I’m the one avoiding reality. We’ve got posters blaming the coaches for Thursday’s win somehow.

You have always complained (or pointed to it as the problem) about the defense, as recently as this year. Don't pretend like it was only back in 2012 or 2013. Be honest dude.

Year after year. Defense defense defense. Never Garrett or anything to do with the offense. Now the defense is playing great...still not Garrett.

blueblood70

Reaction score
but hes a SB winning coach....hes a genius
Genius that like Garret that without AR he had terrible year last season..and this year with AR hes having a subpar year, its what you are now that counts..for whatever reason he and AR arent agreeing on play calls.. they thre 50times and ran 11 yesterday..thats way to unbalanced and it happens often with them...maybe the pressure of using the 30mil per year HOF QB forces play calling..who knows but at this point is he better then Garett with our team?

I still say we need to go for young aggressive and hungry OC/HC to come up with scheme to utilize our weapons..BTW garetts most likely safe if we make the playoffs but Scot and Moore most likely gone..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have always complained (or pointed to it as the problem) about the defense, as recently as this year. Don't pretend like it was only back in 2012 or 2013. Be honest dude.

Year after year. Defense defense defense. Never Garrett or anything to do with the offense. Now the defense is playing great...still not Garrett.

Find the post from this year. It'd be right there in my post history. You'll see posts from this summer complaining about stuff like letting Anthony Hitchens walk in FA when we weren't sure we could count on Jaylon if that's what you're talking about. Or me complaining about taking shots on players like Jaylon or Gregory who were long shots on rosters where we needed immediate help on defense. I still feel that way. 2016 would have been a lot different with two more impact defenders on the roster. You're not going to find me complaining about their production this year overall, though.

It's also not true that I never complain about Garrett or never complain about the offense. You're making that up. I've been blasting Collins at RT for weeks, for example. And I'm record with many things I don't like about our offensive scheme. I'm not a big fan of Linehan's either.

The issue you have is that I keep my criticisms in a context that actually makes sense and I don't go flying off the handle wanting to bench the QB and fire the HC when a 50/50 play call doesn't work in our favor. And I have no problem pointing out how stupid it is to behave that way when people do.

Brax

Reaction score
Maybe its easier to replace a HC than it is to replace a future HOF QB. Except in Jerry's mind, of course. There's no logical reason to support why Garrett is still employed, but there he is, still clapping his tail off on the sidelines each week. He will always be a better cheerleader than a coach.
and a even better yes man

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Read the post history. Its alsways something and it’s always consistent, and it’s usuually but not always “not Garrett.”

When I was complaining about the defense, we had one of the worst in franchise history. And you were the ones blaming the offensive scheme and the play calling even back then. When offensive production was top-10 in the league.

So don’t try to paint it like I’m the one avoiding reality. We’ve got posters blaming the coaches for Thursday’s win somehow.
I'm not defending our coaching staff but it had a prepared team and they called a good game vs. a great team and great HC. Some will just never be happy. There are a couple of fans here who I actually think are pissed when we win.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
It wasn't very professional for team to part ways with a coach that just spent 12 yrs as HC, 9 playoff appearances, and a SB.'they could have waited till the end of the season........kinda makes Garrett's tenure even worse than we thought........he should be pushed off the plane in mid flight.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
That team needs to fire whoever is in charge of acquiring players..

They have Rodgers and that's it. That team withought Rodgers would win 1 maybe 2 games.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
For the life of me, i can not figure out why people try to compare AR to TB. There is no comparison. AR is a great QB but there have been a lot of great QB's. There are only a handful who should even be discussed as the GOAT and TB comes out on top of those discussions.

*** not trying to slam you Portnoy1, just something i have grown tired of ***
I don't want to argue, but if you don't mind engaging me. The reason I compare the two is because Both of them have a mental edge (pre snapstuff), the Arm, the consistency in winning in the regular season, on top of that Rodgers also has the legs to get it done. When Rodgers was out Packers lost, When Brady was out Patriots still won a fair amount. It's rare that the Packers/Pat's miss the playoffs. I don't feel Brady is a better QB, I do feel BELICHECK is a significantly better HC. Brady is a much more accomplished QB obviously, but from an ability standpoint I think Rodgers is better. My question to you would be what makes TB the goat, is it anything else besides the chips? Again these are just my opinions.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He's a hell of lot smarter than Garret. Want to compare their playoff records?
McCarthy has an amazing playoff record... how could they fire him. Hey, that switzer guy was pretty good in the playoffs also. Hey, just curious..... McCarthy had 2 HOF qbs his entire coaching career, and one is universally in the top 4 QBs to have ever played. How many HOF QBs JG have?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McCarthy has an amazing playoff record... how could they fire him. Hey, that switzer guy was pretty good in the playoffs also. Hey, just curious..... McCarthy had 2 HOF qbs his entire coaching career, and one is universally in the top 4 QBs to have ever played. How many HOF QBs JG have?

Romo had HOF talent and stats .............if he had a ring, he would be a shoe in.

Switzer was a baby sitter and if you don't know that, you are too young to be talking about the man.

JG has no excuses left in cupboard. Few coaches are given the privilege to fail for this long.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Romo had HOF talent and stats .............if he had a ring, he would be a shoe in.

Switzer was a baby sitter and if you don't know that, you are too young to be talking about the man.

JG has no excuses left in cupboard. Few coaches are given the privilege to fail for this long.

You obviously miss the point. You cant use the SB BS as an argument, unless you count Switzer and Seifert as well. Call Switzer what you want.... he did as well as Jimmy would have done in his time in Dallas. The loss in 94 certainly was not Switzer's fault.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You obviously miss the point. You cant use the SB BS as an argument, unless you count Switzer and Seifert as well. Call Switzer what you want.... he did as well as Jimmy would have done in his time in Dallas. The loss in 94 certainly was not Switzer's fault.

I miss the point? You gotta be kidding. You hardly know what your talking about.

The loss in 94' was b/c Switzer didn't have any answers. You could have sat on the sideline in 94, 95 and done as well. You do know Switzer had been retired from football for 7 years and was hired to rub Jimmy's nose in Jerry's boast that there were 500 guys that could coach the cowboys, right? Switzer was hired specifically to prove the point. Had we had a competent coach in 94', why wouldn't we have a won another super bowl?

Seifert and Switzer were not in the same boat. Seifert was Walsh's DC and a legitimate NFL coach. He even won with a different QB.