Packers fire HC Mike McCarthy, name Joe Philbin interim HC

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Anybody think it's a little classless to fire a coach right after the game like that? You can't wait until the next day?

I agree.

Packers have big problems. Without AR as their QB, they are basically Buffalo.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
pardon me?
There was a " princely " Cool looking dude one time( sitting behind me) while flying intercontinental here in the states and he'd remarked upon my genuine"americanisem" ( I'd been power drinking with a German National fer' in excess of 2 hours b-4 boarding),,,er,,, all the while having his born/bred& trained for battle Body guard directly across the alise( who done nothing but glare looks of immediate death from his eyes all the while of that particular conversation,B.T.W.)

who was a Turkish NATIONAL,and I distinctly recall while being 'drunk' mentally overlaying DALLAS COWBOYS on that fellow:starspin:

Last edited:

JMech

Reaction score
I'd fire garrett during it even before the game if I could

There were away game losses this year that we should have simply left Garrett in those cities and not allowed him on the plane home. Heck, I would have fired him at half time.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First bad season in his tenure and he gets canned. But somehow Garrett is able to survive three 8-8 seasons with two losing seasons and 9-7 mixed in. How is that possible?
Even Jerry Jones himself would say your question is rhetorical.

joseephuss

Reaction score
You say this as if the Cardinals have a bad D...they don't.

Going into this weekend the Cardinals defense was ranked 19th by NFL standards. They were ranked 24th by Aikman's efficiency ratings, which I think is a more accurate description of teams.

Portnoy1

Reaction score
That just makes him Doug Pederson.
Doug Pederson had Wentz, and won with Foles. But he never had anyone comparable to Rodgers. Wentz is great but he is not Rodgers. Rodgers is arguably better than Brady, but has only won and been to one SB. What's the difference? One guy has Belichik the other didn't. That is why he got fired.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Doug Pederson had Wentz, and won with Foles. But he never had anyone comparable to Rodgers. Wentz is great but he is not Rodgers. Rodgers is arguably better than Brady, but has only won and been to one SB. What's the difference? One guy has Belichik the other didn't. That is why he got fired.
For the life of me, i can not figure out why people try to compare AR to TB. There is no comparison. AR is a great QB but there have been a lot of great QB's. There are only a handful who should even be discussed as the GOAT and TB comes out on top of those discussions.

*** not trying to slam you Portnoy1, just something i have grown tired of ***

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Going into this weekend the Cardinals defense was ranked 19th by NFL standards. They were ranked 24th by Aikman's efficiency ratings, which I think is a more accurate description of teams.
4th in pass defense.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, it's always something...just never Garrett Got it.

Read the post history. Its alsways something and it’s always consistent, and it’s usuually but not always “not Garrett.”

When I was complaining about the defense, we had one of the worst in franchise history. And you were the ones blaming the offensive scheme and the play calling even back then. When offensive production was top-10 in the league.

So don’t try to paint it like I’m the one avoiding reality. We’ve got posters blaming the coaches for Thursday’s win somehow.

John813

Reaction score
Still can't believe he's a HC in the NFL again. He's going to destroy that team even more in 4 weeks time

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
There was a " princely " Cool looking dude one time( sitting behind me) while flying intercontinental here in the states and he'd remarked upon my genuine"americanisem" ( I'd been power drinking with a German National fer' in excess of 2 hours b-4 boarding),,,er,,, all the while having his born/bred& trained for battle Body guard directly across the alise( who done nothing but glare looks of immediate death from his eyes all the while of that particular conversation,B.T.W.)

who was a Turkish NATIONAL,and I distinctly recall while being 'drunk' mentally overlaying DALLAS COWBOYS on that fellow:starspin:

I am princely cool looking, you're right in that. But if that guy had been me, I would have asked you for a share of drink and talked about the Cowboys all the while. I am not living in the USA btw.