Packers fire HC Mike McCarthy, name Joe Philbin interim HC

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What are these standards they're talking about?

Dude has coached 13 seasons.
Made the playoffs 9 times, including a stretch of 8 seasons in a row
Has won 10 playoff games
Has won the SB

Missed playoffs last year and didnt meet expectations this year...…………..fired...………….

Meanwhile in Dallas, Jason "hey, I won a wildcard game 4 years ago" sleeps like a baby.:huh:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I just can't believe ol' dude said "What the hell has he done?" Some people are so fluctuated with Garrett that they don't take off the blinders to see there are coaches that are a hell of a lot better than Jason Garrett...

Yeah, like 31 of them.

bandfan

Reaction score
Let's see... He's taken the Packers to the post season 9 (out of 13) years. His average win/loss record is 10-6 (and this is with the crappy last 2 season records). You take those out and his win/loss average is 12-4....
Don't you know that on this board unless you win the SB EVERY year you are a loser? I swear I don't know how Belicheck keeps a job..

Little Jr

Reaction score
WTH has McCarthy done to make him so great??? Oh, he once won a SB..... so that makes him great.
Lol so how many super bowls are required to be great? 2 or more? Then there are 2 right now, Tomlin and Bill. McCarthy has actually done more than Payton has who a lot of cowboys fans SAY we should've kept. That's always funny when I hear that because I remember very few, if any, that was upset when he left. A lot complained about his play calling and offense ad wanted him gone.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Oh, that would the standard of getting unceremoniously bounced out of the playoffs and wasting Rodgers best years but people will still slobber all over him even though he has largely underachieved and won little during in his career despite being so great. That standard.

Won little during his career?

won 10 playoff games and a SB over 13 years.

LOL...………...makes Jason Garrett look like the freaking waterboy collecting jock straps in the lockerroom:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Gets them ready to beat 10-1 saints

You have to be being obtuse

Good to know regular season games is your expectations for a head coach...………..beat the Saints in the playoffs, then get back to me

You know what the playoff are right, that's where Jason Garrett has 1 win and McCarthy has 10 wins and a ring...….just an FYI;)

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Your handle name says it all.,idiot cowboy fans

Dude, you trying to dis McCarthy when he has 100 times the accomplishments Garrett has is making you look like a joke on this board.

Your boy has been here dam near a decade and has won just one f'ing playoff game...……...that is a fact, nothing to debate or discuss.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Can't say I'm surprised. Ole chins rode in in the boot straps of the coach prior, can't recall his name, but he was a heck of a good HC. Chubs has been lucky, up until time and the cap showed what a real lack he truly is. BTW, he has Rodgers, the football god, and got spanked by AZ???? @ home no less. Ahh love me some ***** Packer misery

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Even as great as Rodgers is, they simply failed to put a more complete team around him. They made changes to the FO this past off season and really McCarthy wasn't going to be far behind unless they had a great season. McCarthy is a good coach, sometimes it just gets stale and a change is needed.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don't you know that on this board unless you win the SB EVERY year you are a loser? I swear I don't know how Belicheck keeps a job..

F the SB, how about winning more than 1 playoff game in a decade...………...you think that is possible?

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
This is just shocking. They gave him no warning that he was on the hot seat. The Packers got rid of a good coach who accomplished a lot for them. The organization quickly forgot about that when they saw their playoff hopes dwindling. It just all around disrespectful. They should have at least warned him. This is a BIG mistake.

Rodgers has been playing like crap the whole season and he somehow gets a pass because he's a master of catching an extra man on the field. This move makes me dislike him more and more.

Last edited: