Packers fire HC Mike McCarthy, name Joe Philbin interim HC

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Took them long enough. Not sure they have enough time to re tool their roster while Rogers is still good.

cowboyec

Reaction score
McCarthy's buddy is GM in Cleveland.
wonder if he's their next HC.

zerofill

Reaction score
We actually might make it to the Super Bowl this year... Green bay won't be in the playoffs lol.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Took them long enough. Not sure they have enough time to re tool their roster while Rogers is still good.
dont they 2 1st rd picks? they will be ok.they need a Wr and a pass rusher.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If I hear Tony Dungy whine about this being unfair any more, I might just vomit.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Bad move by the Packers. Now, they will play harder under the interim coach and win 1-2 more games to finish the season to get a worse draft pick. They're already out of the race, should have just let McCarthy finish it out. I think everyone knew he was done

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Only Marvin Lewis doesn't have a Superbowl....
And that is glory of it all.

If Jerry Jones is just patient enough, he could actually have the most tenured head coach without a Super Bowl appearance.

He just has to hang on.

Just.

A.

Little.

While.

Longer.

Then, he is the winner in the "continuity" sweepstakes.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
I’ve said forever that whoever was making the personnel decisions in GB was the bigger issue than McCarthy. Not saying MM shouldn’t go, but I’ve never been impressed with what they’ve put around Rodgers. Reminds me of what Elway & Marino put up with in the 80s and into the early 90s.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Head Coaching job in Dallas is occupied and not going to be available for a long time so you Garrett haters should get it out of your head about McCarthy being hired by the Cowboys. You are just wasting your time.