Packers QB Jordan Love has agreed to a 4-year extension worth $220M

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Romo will always be a Cowboy. If Dak leaves to go play elsewhere(For money) ... he will not be welcomed as a Cowboy player by most fans in 15 years. That I guarantee.
Who needs 15 years….. After another Playoffs flop, I’m not sure he is welcome by many fans today.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If he has been offered the most money =of all qbs and he hasnt signed that deal.... then count me in on those who wouldnt care if he left.
Yeah I Don't think anyone would. Most guys dont' want him here for that salary, some want him to go to a better organization......maybe there's a group that would hold a grudge against him....seems like a small minority.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Jordan was in his first year as a starter and finished with a 18-1 TD split in his last 8 games and spanked us in the playoffs. Who was his number 1 WR? Dak after year 3, without Amari, was complete trash. Dak finished off this season with 5 INTs in the dumbed down offense going on year 9.

Dallas already paid Dak for baby-sitting and “developing him” and he’s crapped the bed continuously.

That Morley quote is quite interesting.....so that's Love's issue, 3/4 and long, great you can scheme up an offense to reduce those scenario's, its more difficult to scheme an offense, to overcome a 3+ point deficit.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I go back and forth on it but I don’t think Dak wants to be here. If Dak won a ring next year he’d bolt. If they go 8-9 he’d bolt. If he won MVp…..gone.
I think it's the pressure. Didnt he graduate in some form of psychology, he's probably analyzing the: fans/media/ team mates all apparently questioning his abilities under pressure......he's probably accepting or buying into the theory that these concerns are magnified in the biggest football market. Maybe accepting that he'd flourish under less scrutiny and with a fanbase rabid with it's need for success.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think it's the pressure. Didnt he graduate in some form of psychology, he's probably analyzing the: fans/media/ team mates all apparently questioning his abilities under pressure......he's probably accepting or buying into the theory that these concerns are magnified in the biggest football market. Maybe accepting that he'd flourish under less scrutiny and with a fanbase rabid with it's need for success.
Possibly. Or maybe he realized he can’t win with a team led by Jerry. All speculation for all I know they are close on a deal and it gets done. His comments just seem different then normal.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Possibly. Or maybe he realized he can’t win with a team led by Jerry. All speculation for all I know they are close on a deal and it gets done. His comments just seem different then normal.
Yea, with all that restructured money, to give Dak the weapons ;). Jerry really hamstrung Dak, like not trading for Amari.

At some point Dak needs to justify that contract......especially if he's indeed asking for close to $60m AAV. on a 3/4 year deal. As Broaddus pointed out on Love of the Star, Jerry needs to point out what the future would look like under different contracts. I'm still dying on the hill that Jerry wants a longer contract to restructure to give us a 2/3 year window.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yea, with all that restructured money, to give Dak the weapons ;). Jerry really hamstrung Dak, like not trading for Amari.

At some point Dak needs to justify that contract......especially if he's indeed asking for close to $60m AAV. on a 3/4 year deal. As Broaddus pointed out on Love of the Star, Jerry needs to point out what the future would look like under different contracts. I'm still dying on the hill that Jerry wants a longer contract to restructure to give us a 2/3 year window.
I’m talking about in 2024….you guys keep talking about 2018….your starting running back is an almost retired Zeke. You have two starting rookies on your line. Your disdain for Dak can’t cloud your football intellect like this…..

Creeper

Reaction score
So what should have the Packers done? Moved on from Love?

They were kinda stuck by timing and circumstances.
I don't know the Packers situation that well, but I think if you think there is better than a 50-50 chance he will not be the guy you saw for a few games last year, you have no choice but to hold to your top offer. If Love turns out to be a flash in the pan, committing that kind of cash to him will come back to haunt them. I guess my point is, Love is not a proven player. If he had 2 full years under him, then maybe you have a better idea of what he will be. I guess this is the danger of sitting your drafted QB for 3 years. You have to make a decision without much in the way of playing him against top talent.