Packers QB Jordan Love has agreed to a 4-year extension worth $220M

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The results of this year might end up determining that.

My only question is, what if Dak plays absolutely amazing but the defense is terrible and this is an 8-9 team?
I go back and forth on it but I don’t think Dak wants to be here. If Dak won a ring next year he’d bolt. If they go 8-9 he’d bolt. If he won MVp…..gone.

12+88=7

Reaction score
wait. what? what teams did jerry build? jerry hasn't built a winning team in 28 plus years or are you faulting pre-Dak era on Dak...then again some folks are really good at spinning

and when Dak leaves....who are you going to blame? Dak, will there be a post Dak effect on cowboys for the next 10 years? will that be a spin?
I was responding to the previous post by themarathon that mentioned team building, not me. Read all post.

My point was Jerry is going nowhere. The situation will remain the same. Why sign Prescott to a long term deal for more of the same for the next 4 to 5 years. You dont, just let Prescott play the year out.

If Prescott wants another contract he and Dallas NEED to win, period.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
At this point nobody's giving Trey Lance more than $6 million I mean maybe something will change there's no way he's getting 20 to $30 million this man is all hyped right now he's done absolutely squat he's done less than squat there are so many players I'd rather have than him like Jacobi Brissett types or any of the mids out there that were way worth more money than Trey Lance if we were thinking about a bridge for the future right now Trey Lance ain't it..

How are you even using that type of price range 20 to 30 million for Trey Lance for what absolutely not right now I mean how much money is Cooper rush making because at least he's won some games 6,000,008 million I mean that most you pay a guy 11,000,000 if you think he can at least help win a game or two Trey Lance ain't even that guy right now that is why he didn't get his fifty year option and people are not paying that man that kind of money.... I would take Justin fields all day long for anything over $11 million Trey Lance right now is all hyped he's hope he's projection material but I haven't seen one damn play for him in practice or anything that makes me think he's even gonna be a viable backup in this league..

That's what I was trying to say earlier, but marathon was pointing out that he may want starting money. So, I was trying to say that the most I could see is in the $20-25 range. I would mostly expect it as a total of $24 for 3 years, in other words $8mil. That's the most I would actually expect.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I say Dak will get a short deal. A 2 year max deal. It would be a win win for both sides. No way in heck am I giving him Jordan Love money. BUT if they do, Dak will get about 65-68 mil per on average.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The contract was not try problem. In hindsight they got him for a bargain. Where Jerry screwed up is giving Law 100 million, Collins, Jaylen Smith and Zeke. Jerry has been conned millions of times why do you think now is a issue lol?
They waited too long to sign hin, a no trade...a no tag and two void years at the end of it was exactly what Dak's agents wanted and got and in turn make it virtually impossible for us to move him. Everybody in the NFL knows Jerry screwed this up, and now we see what inevitably everybody but the Jones' knew would happen. And here we are 4 years later, except we now have 3 deals on the table, and we are anxious to see how Jerry and Son screw these up as well. I haven't even mentoined the D Law, Collins and Smith contracts. The bargain would have been if we signed Dak 2 years prior to when we did, just like we will soon regret not extending Lamb/Parsons when we could have

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They waited too long to sign hin, a no trade...a no tag and two void years at the end of it was exactly what Dak's agents wanted and got and in turn make it virtually impossible for us to move him. Everybody in the NFL knows Jerry screwed this up, and now we see what inevitably everybody but the Jones' knew would happen. And here we are 4 years later, except we now have 3 deals on the table, and we are anxious to see how Jerry and Son screw these up as well. I haven't even mentoined the D Law, Collins and Smith contracts. The bargain would have been if we signed Dak 2 years prior to when we did, just like we will soon regret not extending Lamb/Parsons when we could have
Dak clearly didn’t want to sign two years prior though. I don’t care about his no trade clause it can be waived….snd it’d not like Jerry would trade him anyway….

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
Dak clearly didn’t want to sign two years prior though. I don’t care about his no trade clause it can be waived….snd it’d not like Jerry would trade him anyway….
he was never going to waive it, and you know it. His end game is to hit FA and get what he can money-wise if not from Jerry, and good on him for doing so. Still doesn't mean it needs to be us that ponies it up

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he was never going to waive it, and you know it. His end game is to hit FA and get what he can money-wise if not from Jerry, and good on him for doing so. Still doesn't mean it needs to be us that ponies it up
If things got bad and Cowboys were 0-16 yeah I think he would waive it under extreme circumstances. But it’s moot. Jerry would never trade Dak. He’s too afraid for Dak to win without him.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I go back and forth on it but I don’t think Dak wants to be here. If Dak won a ring next year he’d bolt. If they go 8-9 he’d bolt. If he won MVp…..gone.
so you think Dak wants to up and move from his mansion? You think Dak wants to lose all that endorsement money? Only reason would be if the bright lights of being the QB of the Cowboys is too much for his mental health.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I said a long time ago I thought Jerry was gonna make Dal have a prove it year... meaning NFC title game or your outta here. If Dak takes us to the title game, he will get 60-64 million per from Jerry, and Jerry would gladly pay it.

If Dak repeats last season and has a 1st rd playoff disaster, Jerry wouldnt sign him for 25 million per and Jerry says see ya Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The contract was not try problem. In hindsight they got him for a bargain. Where Jerry screwed up is giving Law 100 million, Collins, Jaylen Smith and Zeke. Jerry has been conned millions of times why do you think now is a issue lol?
If it doesn’t happen by the season opener, it’s not happening with the Cowboys. There’s always the outside possibility he could sign during the season, but I doubt it. No way do I see him signing with the team in March. He’ll be signing with someone else.

12+88=7

Reaction score
I say Dak will get a short deal. A 2 year max deal. It would be a win win for both sides. No way in heck am I giving him Jordan Love money. BUT if they do, Dak will get about 65-68 mil per on average.
Other teams sign their QBs and set the market by 1 or 2 million dollars. But when Dallas signs their QB they have to set the market by 10 to 15 million dollars. Math doesn't add up.

Creeper

Reaction score
Schefter's tweet has to be wrong. He could not have gotten $75 million bonus plus $155 million in new full guarantees. That totals $230 million which is more than the value of his contract. I think he means he got $155 million guaranteed including a $75 million signing bonus. Am I wrong?

Anyway, Paying Love $54 million per year for basically half a season I something I never would have done. I see Love play and I think he has a little magic in him, but I also see warts. Time will tell, but I think he is Daniel Jones on a better coached team.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
so you think Dak wants to up and move from his mansion? You think Dak wants to lose all that endorsement money? Only reason would be if the bright lights of being the QB of the Cowboys is too much for his mental health.
I think endorsements follow him wherever he goes. He already got recognized as a Cowboy I don’t think he loses his marketability leaving here.

Dak wouldn’t have to leave his mansion….plenty of guys live in Dallas and don’t play here ask Derrick Henry.