Packers QB Jordan Love has agreed to a 4-year extension worth $220M

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think endorsements follow him wherever he goes. He already got recognized as a Cowboy I don’t think he loses his marketability leaving here.

Dak wouldn’t have to leave his mansion….plenty of guys live in Dallas and don’t play here ask Derrick Henry.
I personally could not diagree with you more. Dak gets his endorsements for one reason... his high profile he has wearing the star. Go play in NY and see how that high profile follows him. Dak is rather boring, ho hum kind of guy. Do not underestimate the power of the Star.

IN any event, I think he stays or goes based 100% on this season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I personally could not diagree with you more. Dak gets his endorsements for one reason... his high profile he has wearing the star. Go play in NY and see how that high profile follows him. Dak is rather boring, ho hum kind of guy. Do not underestimate the power of the Star.

IN any event, I think he stays or goes based 100% on this season.
You’re missing my point. He’s a Cowboy already. He’s been here 8 years. No matter where he goes he’s gonna be recognized as a Cowboy.

And I think you overrate the power of the star. If Dak went to the Giants his endorsements would follow. Baker Mayfield got endorsements as a Cleveland Brown lol. Would it take a hit? Sure. But he would still have endorsements.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
You’re missing my point. He’s a Cowboy already. He’s been here 8 years. No matter where he goes he’s gonna be recognized as a Cowboy.

And I think you overrate the power of the star. If Dak went to the Giants his endorsements would follow. Baker Mayfield got endorsements as a Cleveland Brown lol. Would it take a hit? Sure. But he would still have endorsements.
Mayfield got endorsements because of his brashness in college... had nothing to do with Browns. Dak is not brash, he is BORING!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yeah, for $60 a year I think the Cowboys are out.
I hope you're right. If there's one thing the Cowboys don't need, it's a crippling monster contract like that, especially without a truly elite QB to go with it, and Dak is not elite. He's good, but he's not elite.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I agree, but Stephen Jones alluded to the fact that contract ideas have been floated around with Dak's agent as recently as yesterday. This deal could happen anytime, or it could not happen until next March. We just don't know.
If it does then the Cowboys caved. Doubt Dak will give in to them. He has no reason to.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I go back and forth on it but I don’t think Dak wants to be here. If Dak won a ring next year he’d bolt. If they go 8-9 he’d bolt. If he won MVp…..gone.
I tend to agree with you MC, his recent statements seem to sound that way. He's always been pretty careful with his statements, but all of a sudden he's talking about all the "Great" QBs have played for other teams, not to mention his line about "Be fans or don't be fans and move on". Well Dak, as far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to move on yourself.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Mayfield got endorsements because of his brashness in college... had nothing to do with Browns. Dak is not brash, he is BORING!
What I’m saying is Dak is a Cowboy….its like Emmitt…yes he was a Cardinal but the Cowboy brand was still on him.

I don’t think it disappears when you leave here. Him being boring is irrelevant. Jalen Hurts is boring and gets endorsements.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I tend to agree with you MC, his recent statements seem to sound that way. He's always been pretty careful with his statements, but all of a sudden he's talking about all the "Great" QBs have played for other teams, not to mention his line about "Be fans or don't be fans and move on". Well Dak, as far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to move on yourself.
Yeah his most recent statements are why I feel this way. Didn’t feel this way earlier in the offseason. I’m a Dak fan but I sort of be wanting him to move on to a better franchise and also want us to move on to whatever our future is.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
What I’m saying is Dak is a Cowboy….its like Emmitt…yes he was a Cardinal but the Cowboy brand was still on him.

I don’t think it disappears when you leave here. Him being boring is irrelevant. Jalen Hurts is boring and gets endorsements.
Romo will always be a Cowboy. If Dak leaves to go play elsewhere(For money) ... he will not be welcomed as a Cowboy player by most fans in 15 years. That I guarantee.

Loso86

Reaction score
IN MY OPINION, It's a circus to keep hyping a guy who has a history of underperforming in big games, rather than replacing him and actually trying to do better.
Every year Jerry Jones knows if he can keep fans believing that the next year might be the one that they actually win something, but never addressing the real problem.
He obviously thinks big dollar contracts and the wait and see approach will draw in viewers, as opposed to winning.
Every WB not names Mahomes underperforms in big games and all of these teams keep paying them big money. What has Allen done, or Lamar, or Hurts or Lawrence or Tua etc?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo will always be a Cowboy. If Dak leaves to go play elsewhere(For money) ... he will not be welcomed as a Cowboy player by most fans in 15 years. That I guarantee.
He won’t be welcome by who lol?

So Demarcus Ware isn’t a Cowboy? He’s not welcome?

This is a different argument. You were saying he’d lose endorsements because he’s boring…..I think this fan base would understand if he left.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He won’t be welcome by who lol?

So Demarcus Ware isn’t a Cowboy? He’s not welcome?

This is a different argument. You were saying he’d lose endorsements because he’s boring…..I think this fan base would understand if he left.
Demarcus left because he was near the end. It was beneficial for both. If you think Dak is revered like Ware, I think you are sadly mistaken. Let Dak leave over 2 million..... yea, he will be adored by all......lol

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Demarcus left because he was near the end. It was beneficial for both. If you think Dak is revered like Ware, I think you are sadly mistaken. Let Dak leave over 2 million..... yea, he will be adored by all......lol
I think there are people in this fan base who could care less if he’s gone. I think the minority are the people who would actually hold a grudge against him.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I think there are people in this fan base who could care less if he’s gone. I think the minority are the people who would actually hold a grudge against him.
If he has been offered the most money =of all qbs and he hasnt signed that deal.... then count me in on those who wouldnt care if he left.