pacman at it again

sacase

Reaction score
Well From the ESPN article it seems like teh money shower was a scripted event and the promoter is the one who took it. If the ESPN article is true then Pacman is pretty much innocent.

I fine it interesting that the ESPN article and the radio reports are widely different. I will give the guy the benifit of the doubt until more information comes out.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Why give him the benefit of the doubt when he has been in trouble almost constantly?

sacase

Reaction score
Oh I don't know...maybe because the ESPN article pretty much states he is innocent.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sacase;1387819 said:
Oh I don't know...maybe because the ESPN article pretty much states he is innocent.

But why continue to put yourself in bad places. Strip clubs and athletes tend to have a long and bad history. Where you hang out and who you hang out with has a lot to do with why some guys always tend to find themselves in these positions.

2much2soon

Reaction score
burmafrd;1387837 said:
And BSPN is just SO reliable?

maybe he was being sarcastic but that one had me scratching my head, too. They are well on their way to becoming the National Enquirer of sports reporting.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is not from ESPN:

LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Police seized $81,020 in cash belonging to pro football player Adam "Pacman" Jones, which they said sparked a melee and a triple shooting at a strip club over the weekend, court documents show.

Jones, a cornerback with the Tennessee Titans, was showering more than 40 strippers onstage at Minxx Gentlemen's Club & Lounge early Monday with the cash "intended as a visual effect," according to a search warrant. But a scuffle broke out when the Houston promoter who hired the strippers told them to pick the money up.

The promoter, identified as Chris Mitchell, owner of "Harlem Knights," and a male associate took a plastic trash bag containing Jones' money and walked out the front door, the warrant says. Police recovered the money and two Breitling watches inside a safe at Mitchell's hotel room Monday morning.

Mitchell, according to the warrant, "admits that he took the money in the bag belonging to Jones because he thought it was for the dancers."

After Mitchell left the club, "a melee broke out," the warrant says.

"Jones became irate about the loss of his money, and the fact that girls were in a frenzy, picking up the money at their feet," the warrant says.

Later, a woman identified as a member of Jones' group fought with one of the strippers and security tried to break up the fight, it says. Jones told the guards to back off and reached behind his back "as if he were retrieving a weapon there."

Jones' entourage was moved outside, but the woman continued to fight, according to the warrant filed Wednesday in Clark County District in Las Vegas.

The woman hit a guard in the head with a champagne bottle and "began biting and screaming" when other guards tried to restrain her, the warrant says.

Minutes later, a valet told police that he heard shots fired near the front entrance and saw a black man with corn rows in his hair pointing a black semi-automatic handgun, it says. The man then fled.

The shots hit a female customer and two guards, one of whom remained in critical condition in a Las Vegas hospital. Aaron Cudworth, the guard hit with the champagne bottle, and the woman, were treated and released.

Police have described the suspected shooter as last seen wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. As of Thursday morning, police said he was still at large.

Jones' lawyer, Worrick Robinson, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Jones did not know anyone involved in the shooting and was interviewed by local authorities as a witness, not as a suspect. Police have not said Jones is a person of interest in the case.

Robinson could not be immediately reached for comment Thursday.

Jones has faced criminal charges three times since the Tennessee Titans made the cornerback the sixth overall pick in the 2005 draft _ all involving incidents at nightclubs in Tennessee.

The cornerback promised he had seen the inside of a courtroom for the last time Feb. 1, when a judge dismissed an assault charge filed by a woman who claimed Jones spit on her during an October nightclub altercation.

Charges in a confrontation with a club manager during a private party in July 2005 also have been dismissed.

Jones was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges for an August arrest in the Nashville suburb of Murfreesboro.

Robinson has said he didn't think the Las Vegas incident violated the judge's order.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
They also announced today that Pacman fired his agent.

When I heard the reports today it reminded me of Ray Lewis. Ray didn't pull the trigger, but he knew his friends did. I remember him in court retelling the nights events and saying "You guys are trippin."

Doomsday101

Reaction score
joseephuss;1387856 said:
They also announced today that Pacman fired his agent.

When I heard the reports today it reminded me of Ray Lewis. Ray didn't pull the trigger, but he knew his friends did. I remember him in court retelling the nights events and saying "You guys are trippin."

I don't get how a guy who "was ordered to stay out of trouble until July 5 if he wants his criminal record cleared of public intoxication and disorderly conduct charges for an August arrest in the Nashville suburb of Murfreesboro." Is hanging out in a strip club throwing around 81,020 bucks and not expecting to find trouble. Is Pac Man a stupid man?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Doomsday101;1387860 said:
Is Pac Man a stupid man?

Is that a loaded question?

:confused:

Pacman (thug) Jones will most likely just get a slap on his pee-pee, and then it's business as usual!

Pathetic...these kind of guys! But, money talks, and bullcrap walks!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
5Stars;1387865 said:
Is that a loaded question?

:confused:

Pacman (thug) Jones will most likely just get a slap on his pee-pee, and then it's business as usual!

Pathetic...these kind of guys!

Chances are your right, this time but sooner or later when you choose to live a certain life style it will catch up to you. No one ever thinks it will happen to them until it happens. You think Irvin expected the problems he ran into? No one ever does but at least in Irvin case he appears to have made certain changes in his life I hope it remains the case. One thing though these guys need to stop hanging out at stripe clubs there is nothing but trouble waiting for these guys.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Reality;1387466 said:
While listening to this on ESPN radio last night, I heard the following:

Jones threw hundreds of $1 bills in the air near the strippers. One of the strippers who was picking up money was not one that Jones wanted to pick it up. Jones then grabbed the stripper by her hair and slammed her face into the stage. At that time, the security guard (who was proficient in martial arts) made Jones stop (not sure what he did). During the process, the stitches in Jones' shoulder which had recently been operated on broke/separated/whatever and that is the point where Jones said, "I'm going to kill you."

The security guards got Jones and his people out of the building. One of the bodyguards with Jones then pulled out a gun and shot it several times toward the front door hitting three people which severed the spine in one of the victims causing them to be permanently paralyzed from the waist down.

Jones is not accused of shooting the gun, but he claims he does not know who fired the shots and the owner claims he is lying.

Again, this is what I heard on the radio ..

-Reality

i dont think it matters if he didnt shoot the gun. snoop was on trial for that same thing for murder even. im pretty sure lil kim did prison time because her bodyguard killed somebody and she lied about it. i think pacman might be doing some prison time. especially with his record

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LatinMind;1387876 said:
i think pacman might be doing some prison time. especially with his record

Never happen...this punk will get off with a slap on the wrist...

But, just like Dooms said, it's just a matter of time...

:cool:

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
lol ill just add this, u have to love that owens doesnt do this type of crap hahaha

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
LatinMind;1387889 said:
lol ill just add this, u have to love that owens doesnt do this type of crap hahaha

Owens is to stupid to do things like this!

He's to busy crying about, "Why me....."?

;)

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I would sign him, ***** the rent -a-pigs!!!!!!!:cool:

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Aren't you glad that Pac-Man makes more money than all of us?

Just another example of why professional sports athletes are paid tenfold more than they should get. If they were paid more in-line with the rest of society, they would probably scale back their indecent behaviors.

And yes, not all athletes do these types of things but you only hear about the ones that do.

Anyone defending this scumbag needs to have their head checked. Jones is an idiot and deserves to sit in jail like every other moron that thinks they can do whatever they wish.

Staxxxx

Reaction score
Club owner: Pacman knows shooterBy Terry McCormick, tmccormick@nashvillecitypaper.com
February 22, 2007
A day after Adam “Pacman” Jones’ attorney said his client had nothing to do with the triple shooting at a Las Vegas strip club, the club owner implicated a member of Jones’ party as the triggerman in the incident.

Robert Susnar, co-owner of the Minxx Gentleman’s Club, said in Wednesday’s edition of the Las Vegas Review-Journal and later on Nashville radio station WGFX-FM 104.5 that a man seated next to Jones in the club shot three people, including two of his security guards. One of those, Tom Urbanski, is still in a Las Vegas hospital and is reported to be paralyzed from the waist down as a result of the gunshots in the incident that occurred early Monday.

“Tom is the only breadwinner for his family, and one of those shots severed his spinal cord, and he’ll never walk again,” Susnar said in the radio interview. “I don’t know exactly which part of the evening, it’s just hard to stomach this, after you have to sit there and watch his father cry, his wife cry and know that they have no way of supporting themselves, all because some athlete acting like a spoiled child in our club and some wannabe — actually not wannabe gangster, I’m gonna say gangster, so congratulations, he has elevated himself to gangster status.”

According to Susnar, Jones, his girlfriend, his publicist and another man whom Susnar claims is the shooter, entered the club together earlier in the evening and returned together around 4 a.m.

“Pacman Jones, his girlfriend and his publicist all know who this person is,” Susnar said. “They’re acquainted with him. They all know who he is. They came into the club together on two occasions. They sat next to this man. They conversed. The joked around, had drinks, and when we kicked them out, they all left together.”

Susnar, who was not actually at the club at the time of the alleged incident, said he pieced together his account of the story from speaking with employees and eyewitnesses and from surveillance video. All those, he said, produced the exact same version regarding what happened.

Susnar said both in the newspaper and radio accounts of his story that Jones was an instigator of the melee that erupted inside the club. That, he said, was caused by Jones throwing a bagful of one dollar bills onto the stage.

Susnar claims that when one of the dancers reached down to pick up the money, Jones grabbed her by the hair and slammed her head against the stage.

That’s when security guard Aaron Cudworth got involved, restraining Jones. According to the Review-Journal story, Susnar said that Jones said he was going to kill Cudworth.

Susnar then told the radio station that a female member of Jones’ party hit Cudworth over the head with a bottle of champagne during the ensuing brawl.

Jones’ attorney Warrick Robinson told The City Paper on Tuesday that Jones did not start the money throwing, instead saying that some celebrities such as Nelly initiated that.

Jones was interviewed late Monday night by Las Vegas police and was allowed to leave for Nashville on Tuesday after answering questions. According to Robinson, Jones is not a suspect in the matter or linked to it. Robinson reiterated that to The City Paper on Wednesday.

“My comment is that I have explained, I believe, in great detail my understanding of what occurred that morning, and that Pacman Jones is not involved in that in any way,” Robinson said. “I really don’t have anything to except to say that we stand by our account of what happened.”

According to Robinson, after the melee broke out, Jones and his party left out the back door and witnessed the shooting in the parking lot and immediately left the scene.

Susnar’s account says that the person in question went outside and retrieved a gun and began firing shots in the parking lot, hitting three people before leaving.

Las Vegas police spokesman Martin Wright said Wednesday that no new details in the matter have yet been released in the matter since a statement issued Tuesday.

The Review-Journal story, however, quoted an unnamed police department source as saying, “We think the link [to Jones] is strong, but we haven’t been able to verify it.”

Titans officials have declined to comment since the story broke on Monday.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1387868 said:
Chances are your right, this time but sooner or later when you choose to live a certain life style it will catch up to you. No one ever thinks it will happen to them until it happens. You think Irvin expected the problems he ran into? No one ever does but at least in Irvin case he appears to have made certain changes in his life I hope it remains the case. One thing though these guys need to stop hanging out at stripe clubs there is nothing but trouble waiting for these guys.

you can go to strip-clubs still, just don't act stupid and draw attention to yourself

and if someone steps on your tims, or bumps into you, get over it, those places are packed, schlit happens