Pacman to play against the Ravens!

Nexx

Reaction score
lol, from career threatening to playing after only missing one game.

IRVING, Texas -- Once again, Adam "Pacman" Jones is back with the Dallas Cowboys.

8421.jpg
Jones

Thought to be out for the season because of a neck injury, Jones returned to practice Wednesday and is expected to play Saturday, both at cornerback and returning kicks, after having missed only one game.
Coach Wade Phillips said the herniated disk discovered last week has healed, perhaps because he already had the problem and it was only aggravated by a hit he took two games ago in Pittsburgh. That was his first game back with the Cowboys after being suspended six games for violating the league's personal conduct policy.
"He's got nine lives," Phillips said. "Maybe he's got 18."
Jones was injured early in the Cowboys' 20-13 loss at Pittsburgh in Week 14. Jones was hurt in the first quarter when he fell on top of his muffed punt, getting caught in a scramble for the loose ball. After several players fell on him, Jones was pulled from the pile awkwardly by a Steelers player. But Jones played the rest of the game.
Phillips said at the time that Jones had a "herniated disk, maybe two"; NFL.com, citing a league source, reported that the injury could threaten Jones' career.
It was Jones' first game back after a six-game suspension, the second time he has been banned by commissioner Roger Goodell for off-field issues.
After starting the first six games for the Cowboys, Jones was suspended by Goodell on Oct. 14, a week after the cornerback got into an alcohol-related scuffle with one of his bodyguards during a private party at an upscale Dallas hotel.
The bodyguard was part of a security detail employed by the team to help keep the player out of trouble.
Goodell initially issued an indefinite suspension that he said would last at least four games. Jones was allowed to return to practice Nov. 24 but wasn't cleared to play until the Pittsburgh game.
Jones missed the entire 2007 season because of multiple incidents while with the Tennessee Titans, who traded him to Dallas during the offseason. Before playing last week, Jones had missed 22 of 28 games since the end of the 2006 season because of suspensions.
Jones had 28 tackles and a team-high 13 pass breakups in his seven games with the Cowboys.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2502547 said:
i prefer he stays away.

Every little bit helps. You won't be so cavalier if we lose a corner vs Baltimore or Philly.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun;2502560 said:
Every little bit helps. You won't be so cavalier if we lose a corner vs Baltimore or Philly.
Apparently Ball's out. Which means we have 3 safeties and 4 corners on the team, without Pacman. No bueno.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2502565 said:
Apparently Ball's out. Which means we have 3 safeties and 4 corners on the team, without Pacman. No bueno.

Pac for Ball? I'd say that qualifies as an upgrade.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
awesome he's been our most consistent corner all year when he's played although Newman is starting to return back to form the last couple weeks! Whether you like Pacman or not it doesnt change the fact that he's our 2nd best CB and makes us a better team when he is playing! im still hoping he can find his rhythm in returns as well...

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
no team has four corners like this....I see a couple of picks on Saturday from this group.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
this is good news. this should mean we see a lot of henry on heap.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Wow. This is the first injury reported by the team that was actually not as bad as they made it out to be.

Prior to this, it was like somebody had a hangnail and the next day they were going on IR.

As for having Pacman back... it absolutely helps us.

Like someone mentioned above... Henry can now focus on helping inside at S and limiting Heap.

Pac is a good DB and I'm glad he'll be able to play.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Maybe he should leave off the Returns part though...
I wasn't much impressed and he seemed as nervous about doing it, as I was watching it.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Looks like we are going into the playoffs with the five CB's we were hoping would give us a great secondary back in training camp.

And the two rookies got plenty of work this season so they are a bit seasoned.

Plus the front seven is playing lights out.

Didn't someone once say 'Defense wins championships'!!!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2502547 said:
i prefer he stays away.

He can play corner, but I prefer he stay far far far far far away from the punt return and kick return teams. We got Austin back now.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2502677 said:
Looks like we are going into the playoffs with the five CB's we were hoping would give us a great secondary back in training camp.

And the two rookies got plenty of work this season so they are a bit seasoned.

Plus the front seven is playing lights out.

Didn't someone once say 'Defense wins championships'!!!

Isn't it exciting? Wade is made for DC. Too bad he's a substandard HC. It's all working right now though so let's roll with it. :D