Twitter: Padded Practice 2

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rico sure looks good so far...man I hope he puts it together
yup..I admit he looked great on that catch where he made the adjustment on the ball.You can't really teach that. Coaches do try to teach that actually,but its another thing to make it look that easy. I want to see him get more reps.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I had to look up 34 because his burst was impressive in those drills. Its Trey Williams.
he will get some looks in preaseason...but I think Scar will make the team,not Trey.Trey would have to wow and be outstanding.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Scar is a big one cut..hit the hole and lookout type of back.He showed that today. He's the size of Demarco Murray and runs violent when needed.Trey is more of a homerun hitter.

Jipper

Reaction score
yup..I admit he looked great on that catch where he made the adjustment on the ball.You can't really teach that. Coaches do try to teach that actually,but its another thing to make it look that easy. I want to see him get more reps.

He's got the body

He's showing the instincts

Hope he becomes the player we all hope he is....its a real long shot story but damn it if he doesn't look the part

Wood

Reaction score
Scar is a big one cut..hit the hole and lookout type of back.He showed that today. He's the size of Demarco Murray and runs violent when needed.Trey is more of a homerun hitter.

Scar probably has edge in pickup blitzes also if needed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rico I think is one of those players that maybe doesn't wow you with technique in practice,but he flips that switch when the real games start. I think he could be a gamer. Julius Thomas type that can be even better than him.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I think he isn't allowed to do certain drills due to the reinstatement conditions he agreed to.
well I think I read that the team wants to wait until second week of camp until he puts the pads on. I have a feeling that Gregory will be inactive the first part of the season until he gets into football shape. I bet we do not see Gregory until the third or fourth game of the year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Rico has all the physical things you want..his technique is sloppy still,but he has that back shoulder thing down pat. His thing is mostly all mental.Meaning at the pro level you need to have a high football IQ to flourish and put your gifts to work for you. Otherwise,teams will adjust and outscheme you. Its up to Rico to engulf himself with knowledge to get better. Maybe he has..he sure has looked good.

Rayman70

Reaction score
well I think I read that the team wants to wait until second week of camp until he puts the pads on. I have a feeling that Gregory will be inactive the first part of the season until he gets into football shape. I bet we do not see Gregory until the third or fourth game of the year.
Gee..I dunno..I don't see JG and Stevie doing that. I see him active week 1 and playing on a pitch count. Special sitches. Imagine what this dline would look like off the edge this year if we keeps these edge dudes. Ealy(can be elite), Gregory(can be elite), Dlaw(Is elite), Taco(raw), Tapper(ace card), The rookie Armstrong(potential). Havent hear a peep on Dorance.Dunno how hes doing.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if we are going full white boy passing game with Beasley like a new Welker/Amendola/Welker.

There is a big crafty, deceptively fast, hard working, shifty, sneaky athletic, scrappy, student of the game, film room junky, lunch pail, high motor, moxie, hardworking, overachieving vibe to all of this after a couple of days.

And all from a guy who made a rap album.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder if we are going full white boy passing game with Beasley like a new Welker/Amendola/Welker.

There is a big crafty, deceptively fast, hard working, shifty, sneaky athletic, scrappy, student of the game, film room junky, lunch pail, high motor, moxie, hardworking, overachieving vibe to all of this after a couple of days.

And all from a guy who made a rap album.

He’s certainly lining up on the outside a lot.