Twitter: Panthers are trading for Baker Mayfield

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Who cares.

Put this thread in the NFL Zone

I actually looked at the NFL zone thread last night figuring it would be there. I know id I had made the post, it would have been moved.

joseephuss

Reaction score
we would have dealt 2 number 1's for him and Jerry & Stevie would be High Fiving. This is if we didn't have Dak. Cleveland unloaded him for a bag of chips basically. They must know something we don't about Watson playing this year.

I don't think they have a clue of how the Watson scenario will turn out. I think they were just done with Mayfield. There were just trying to get something in return if they could and had they not found a trade partner would have eventually released him.

Creeper

Reaction score

For those who complain about Dak, this is what not having a QB leads to.

As much as I hated the deal the Cowboys gave Dak, and they may still regret it in the long run, I also appreciate that QBs don't grow on trees. Being in the position the Panthers have put themselves is a worst case scenario. The Cowboys were lucky to find Dak in the 4th round. But they need to recognize his limitations and build the right team around him.

Darnold and Mayfield are both suitable backup QBs in the right situation.

Iago33

Reaction score
Every single one of my threads on Watson got moved to the NFL Zone

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/browns-could-void-watson-contract-with-24th-case.497126/
https://cowboyszone.com/threads/wat...-going-to-face-some-serious-penalties.497132/

Even posted about Gronk retiring meaning Brady will be short 1 weapon (2 counting Brown) opening night. That's way more relevant to the Cowboys than Baker being traded lol
Suggestion: just click that “New Posts” link on the top and see what threads are new/active. Choose the threads that interest you. I haven’t gone into any of the forums in years and don’t fret about where mods put things. It’s much better.

Motorola

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about that. When a team is found to be looking for a replacement the incumbent QB is in a no win situation. Plus you don't know what he was told behind the scenes. I heard they had been talking extension at one point so I can see how Baker could potentially feel misled about their intentions.

Either way, I think the Browns were crazy to make that trade without knowing the outcome of Watson's situation. Looks like they may end up a huge loser in all this ... and I can't feel sorry for the management but I do feel sympathy for their roster. They seemed to be on the verge of having a pretty respectable team. This may send them back to the cellar.
It's similar to Matt Ryan with Atlanta....when the news broke that his team made an effort to go get Watson - and falied - the 14- year veteran knew he had played his last game as a Falcon.
But he went out with class...didn't make a stink about it...said his goodbyes to the ATL and moved on to a better team and siutation overall.

kevm3

Reaction score
I don't think they have a clue of how the Watson scenario will turn out. I think they were just done with Mayfield. There were just trying to get something in return if they could and had they not found a trade partner would have eventually released him.

Exactly. Whatever is going on with Baker up there, it's rubbing the decision makers the wrong way and they want to get rid of him by any means necessary. Baker has some level of talent, so the level of dissension he's creating up there seems to be large enough for them to offload him for a 5th rounder.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Watson will definitely play another down but it may not be for another year.
What best case it will be 3 years since he played a down in the NFL that is a long time not actually play.

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm sure to be one of many NFL fans who will take interest in seeing how Baker Mayfield's career unfolds with the Panthers!:thumbup:
Especially him following the decade-long career of the franchise's best QB and top-5 player all-time.

He is also will part of a major changing of the guard across a division at the most crucial NFL position PLUS the leaders of the entire team, along with directors of the franchise.
The NFC South in transition ---- moving on from long-time franchise quarterbacks, along with hiring new head coaches and general managers.

Last edited:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Darnold & Mayfieid are a cautionary tale that no matter how high a pick round one your team has no guarantees . Prescott at 4 Romo UDFA all the more reason not to lose hope you don’t have to go round one to make a career of it. If # 4 is not the answer these next 2 seasons should tell Dallas .’

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Mayfield is a loser, period. And not just as a QB...he’s also a major punk....he’ll be lucky to still be in the league as a backup 3yrs from now