Panthers Fire Henning / Bill interested?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chris Palmer is also a Parcells' fav, and he helps run our O, Sparano is quickly becoming one too, I doubt we bring in Henning, and besides, he's conservative as all hell

wouldn't mind looking at that DB coach Perry if Bowles becomes Dcoordinator, the Carolina corners are pretty good, and the 1st round rookie Richard Marshall was pretty good this year too

sjordan6

Reaction score
I think henning will be a natural pick-up and I think we are putting too much emphasis on the whole "coordinator" title. Parcells doesnt believe in that title stuff because they all will work on the game plan. I just hope he gets Alex Gibbs as the offensive line coach so shore up our runninng game. He has improve the running game wherever he has been. Funny how when he left Denver that Shanahan is no longer the "genius" who finds running backs.

Atlanta was hit with injuries on the line and still was among the top in running the ball. Gibbs is more of a no brainer than Henning and I think both will add alot to this team.

The defense coordinator will also be crucial but I think he will promote from within. I really dont know of any names out there that excite me as coordinators, especially in the 3-4. This team needs pass rushers in the worst way.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I could stomach Hennings as OC and LeBeau as DC. :D

It won't happen but it would be nice.

k19

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1315426 said:
I could stomach Hennings as OC and LeBeau as DC. :D

It won't happen but it would be nice.

I was thinking the same thing when ESPN announced Hennings firing.

cowboyz

Reaction score
carolina's problem was mostly due to their decimated oline. i think he could have a lot of success. don't see much difference really between the current O. and henning does know how to highlight one wr ;)

plus as another poster said. let BP take care of that miserable defense.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Doomsday;1315369 said:
So he is good coach even when the players dont execute but BP and company have been destroyed on this site as of late because the players arent executing his offense.

:bow: :laugh2:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
abersonc;1315360 said:
He'd have to fire or demote Sparano. Doubt this will happen.

Sparano Assistant HC, Henning OC. According to most, Bill controlled the game plan and calls, so would it really be a demotion?
If he controlled Zimmer and the Defense, then he controllled Sparano and the Offense also.

I just want a definitive OC...not committee crap.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jazzcat22;1315482 said:
Sparano Assistant HC, Henning OC. According to most, Bill controlled the game plan and calls, so would it really be a demotion?
If he controlled Zimmer and the Defense, then he controllled Sparano and the Offense also.

I just want a definitive OC...not committee crap.

cuz of the comfort factor? I dont' get it, our O is good

Skin

Reaction score
Yes please, let's add another 64 year old to the staff. Hey, maybe he can talk Ray Handley out of retirement, he's only 62. Of course, this is the shart sandwich we have to eat with lame duck Bill. Start over now Jerry.

Plus, I don't remember our O as a big problem.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
CATCH17;1315358 said:
I could care less what any number say hes a good coach regardless of how his players executed his offense this year.

Hes a 100% upgrade to any of the offensive coaches we have on this staff.

I love the style of football the Panthers play too. I hope like heck we bring this guy in.

Yeah, lets not cloud the issue with the facts. Stats aren't worth a damned at all. Someone just needs to GO, Right?

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Panthers fans all year were complaining that he was holding the Offense back with predictable offense and conservative calls in big spots. They wanted him fired and looks like they got what they wanted. Panthers fans must be dancing on the streets right now. LOL Seems a lot like us with Parcells. If they are right about Henning then hell no i dont want him here or we will have more of the same

DipChit

Reaction score
Typical NFL..

One mans trash is another mans treasure.. and vice versa I guess. ;)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skin;1315493 said:
Yes please, let's add another 64 year old to the staff. Hey, maybe he can talk Ray Handley out of retirement, he's only 62. Of course, this is the shart sandwich we have to eat with lame duck Bill. Start over now Jerry.

Plus, I don't remember our O as a big problem.

The Over The Hill Coaching Gang. :laugh2:

Never thought of it that way.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
They are talking about Henning right now on 103.3, or they were just a minute ago... Brian Broaddus says he thinks Bill will bring him in. They are big buddies, he says, and Broaddus says when they used to talk about offense, Parcells was always saying, "Dan Henning, Dan Henning, Dan Henning"... Broaddus says "It's like he invented offense."

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
No Interest at all, the offense did find this year and will be better next year.

Duane

Reaction score
The Panther's offense this year was one of the saddest I've ever seen.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
Would be an excellent addition if we could land him.

Get 'er done Jerrah.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Henning to O.C., Saprano, Back to O-line coach and Running Game Coordinator, Palmer QB Coach and Passing Game Coordinator and if Tony S isn't happy with that then bring in the O-Line coach from Carolina that just got fired.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1315361 said:
By all accounts, Sparano did a great job this year. Why would we demote him just to bring in Bill's old pal?

You probably answered your own question. :laugh2: