Twitter: Panthers make McCaffrey highest paid RB

aria

Reaction score
He is better than Zeke - I read it right here already 4-5 times!
In 2019 one of these guys had ~1800 all purpose yards behind the 2nd best run blocking line in the league and had to tap out of games because he couldn’t handle the workload.

In 2019 one of these guys had ~2400 all purpose yards behind the 17th best run blocking line in the league and could clearly handle the workload?

In 2018 both were similar, one is trending up and the other is trending down.

I’ll take the guy that can handle the workload and needs other teams need to game plan for him much more due to his versatility. I’ll also take the guy who isn’t one bone headed incident away from being suspended. So which is Zeke and which is McCaffrey? Hmmmmmm....

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Cowboys front office: "We won't be market setters."
Zeke: "Hold my beer."

Panthers front office: "Here, date my daughter. In fact, she has a twin. Also ..."

tumblr_otkch56px71s9a9yjo1_400.gif

McCaffrey: "But I wasn't even asking for a new deal."
McCaffrey's agent: "Shut up, Christian. Here's a pen."

aria

Reaction score
Now all you Zeke haters can quit complaining about how he is overpaid. I'll bet Panther fans are melting down their chat board right now.
Oh...he’s still overpaid. McCaffrey is more of a hybrid than Zeke ever will be and his skill set is twice that of the Ewoks. The ewok is well over paid for what he does(nt) do.

aria

Reaction score
Did McCaffrey sit out like a baby during train camp and hit the beach while his teammates were practicing? There’s a difference between a player demanding to be paid with 2 years left on his contract and a team trying to get ahead of the salary increases (like Philthy did with Wentz or like dummy Jerry did with Smith). That’s not on the player, that’s on management.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You couldn’t resist. CMC is a new age running back, he deserves every dime he gets. Hopefully Zeke is working on his receiving skills.
Hopefully the coaches are working on plays to get him the ball in space!

Sydla

Reaction score
Can’t wait to here what talking heads and Zeke haters have to say about this.

Here's what I have to say about this.

I think it's kind of foolish to pay RBs this much money. However, McCaffery is a different breed of RB than say a Gurley or Zeke or David Johnson or Bell.

He caught 116 balls last year. He's not only their best TB, he's their best WR. I still would cringe at paying that much money for a TB but if there is a guy I'd pay, it would probably be McCaffery.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Here's what I have to say about this.

I think it's kind of foolish to pay RBs this much money. However, McCaffery is a different breed of RB than say a Gurley or Zeke or David Johnson or Bell.

He caught 116 balls last year. He's not only their best TB, he's their best WR. I still would cringe at paying that much money for a TB but if there is a guy I'd pay, it would probably be McCaffery.
Good argument.

aria

Reaction score
Zeke touched the ball 50 less times than McCaffrey in 2019 and was still asking to be taken out. Zeke averaged less ypc than McCaffrey who had an offensive line that was ranked 17th compared to 2nd.

McCaffrey had over 1,000 yards receiving AND over 1300 yards rushing just last year. BTW, not only did Zeke have less yards rushing but he touched the ball more times as well.

How anyone can say they would rather have Zeke at this point is mind boggling unless you’re just a big fan of Star Wars and fantasize of Ewoks wearing the Star.

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m hoping Mike finally uses Zeke correctly and says no more tap outs!

Proof

Reaction score
Because he clearly didn’t have to sit out. Funny that Zeke had to sit out to get his, Leveon had to sit out to get his and Derrick Henry has to get franchises but McCaffery got his after 2 years in the middle of a pandemic lol.

this is such a weird take. The panthers have money and have gutted their roster. Mccaffrey is clearly the centerpiece currently, so the new regime locked him up.

the Cowboys had 5 massive contracts to coordinate, and they had the most time to sort out Zekes. The situations couldn’t be less comparable

aria

Reaction score
Comparing Zeke to McCaffrey is really apples to oranges but having said that, and as much as I think paying any “running back” that much money, McCaffrey shouldn’t even be classified as a RB and I would have no problem if he were on the Cowboys and they paid him that much money. He just brings so much more to the table than a typical back plus he’s shown he can handle the workload.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I had the second pick in my draft and was thinking about taking Elliott over him. Whew! Glad I wasn't that stupid. Finished second in my league and a nice payday - if the commissioner would send me my winnings.