Twitter: Panthers release DT Kawann Short

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

like I have said it before. FAs are either older, injury prone or highly expensive and over priced.....5 games in 2 years....he may have been good, but standing on the sideline in street cloths, aint' doin' the team any good.

I pass

Tussinman

Reaction score
like I have said it before. FAs are either older, injury prone or highly expensive and over priced.....
For DT that's not actually true. It's one of the best postions in the NFL for free agency value. Every year guys not far removed from there rookie contract who are good enough to start like Johnathan Hankins, Shelby Harris, Danny Shelton, and Malcom Brown sign every off-season for mid to lower-mid prices.

For a team that's as bad in the middle as we are you don't have to break the bank to upgrade

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
That was a great 2nd round draft pick by Carolina back in 2013.
Remember it well

No idea what he has left in the tank now though

Yeah, maybe we should see if we can find us a great 2nd-round DT.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
nice option

He's injured the same shoulder TWO years in a row and has only played FIVE games in those two seasons. The panthers decided to add 11 mil in dead money for 2021 because they don't think he can stay healthy. Just how nice is an option if the 1, 2 or 3rd games he's on IR again. To many times fans see or remember what a player did early in their careers and not what they've done recently and then think hey the Cowboys should get him or look at him.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Did he have surgery to fix or no?

Ya he did the first year and still reinjured the same shoulder again the next year and had surgery again but that's no guarantee of anything since the first one didn't help.

JPM

Reaction score
Surprised Dallas didn't trade a draft pick for him. 10 minutes before he was released ....