Panthers trade for Stephon Gilmore

fivetwos

Reaction score
I've said it over and over again until I'm blue in the face and @Ranching knows this better than anyone of us, locker room chemistry is a huge factor in a teams success. Jaylon was complaining about playing time which was a distraction and was probably causing animosity with the young guys and the new guys.
All I know is we are building a good thing and let's not mess w it.

Gilmore would have made us better on paper, but that's not where the games are played.

We were better on paper than a lot of teams in recent unsuccessful years.

And the fact that the guy wants a long term deal at 15m plus per year at age 31....let Carolina deal w that.

kevm3

Reaction score
That's why you get him at a one year rental and let him negotiate with some other team after this year. In a superbowl year, you go all in. Whose progress is he going to be blocking that Anthony Brown isn't already blocking?

GoldenR

Reaction score
As soon as we see top tier QB's lighting up A.Brown, 75% of this board will say we should have.....etc..etc..I will not be shocked to see D. Jones pick apart Brown all afternoon! ( and he is NOT a top tier.)

Flamma

Reaction score
did cowboys have the cap space to take his contrict or would they had to wait until he was release

He's a 5.7 million dollar cap hit for the Panthers. I'm sure the Cowboys could have found the room.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score

KD’s tweet isn’t the big deal he makes it out to be, if they were involved or even considering the deal it was obvious we would have had to restructure somebody. Then to beat the panthers deal your talking about a 5th round pick. Not upset about not getting Gilmore but if we truly wanted him it wasn’t exactly moving mountains to get it done like KD suggests.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Gilmore or not. Brown is still the weakest link on defense. And teams will target him every week.

ghst187

Reaction score
Omg I 100% called this in another thread a few days ago where some other team gives a crummy mid or late round pick for him while we watch like idiots.
Couldn’t we have traded a sixth for him, started him the rest of the season, let him walk and pick up a fifth or fourth round comp pick? even if not, dumb to not do that trade as we look like we could make a real run this year and the CB is one position we have a glaring weakness at and little depth.