Parameters for Quinn and McCarthy

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
What are your parameters for wanting Quinn and McCarthy to return?

I like to keep my expectations for coaches simple. If the defense holds the Packers to 20 points or fewer, then I'd like to see Quinn return. If the offense scores 24 points or more, then I'd probably like to see McCarthy return. Of course, there would be a few caveats with the head coach.

rambo2

Reaction score

I like to keep my expectations for coaches simple. If the defense holds the Packers to 20 points or fewer, then I'd like to see Quinn return. If the offense scores 24 points or more, then I'd probably like to see McCarthy return. Of course, there would be a few caveats with the head coach.
They are going to blow out the Packers and it's already obvious that we would like to keep our coaches.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I'm not basing my desire for their return on one game.
I give a bigger emphasis to the playoffs because ultimately winning the NFC East and regular season isn't what it's all about. If they win this one game, my parameters won't change for the next one.

gimmesix

Reaction score
They are going to blow out the Packers and it's already obvious that we would like to keep our coaches.
Obvious to whom? Jerry, who has been noncommital?

Certainly, it's not obvious as far as fans are concerned if you just look at the threads on this board.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dallas lays an egg Sunday - Mike probably needs to go. If it's a choke job by Dak and he gets the Dak in the headlight look about him - then he needs to go as well.

Quinn, I'm guessing no matter the outcome Sunday, he is probably gone this year. I would love to try and keep Al Harris but not sure if he's ready to take over the defense, so he might be gone with DQ

HOWEVER, I really think Dallas takes care of business these next two weeks and they find themselves in SF trying for a bid to the Super Bowl.

Kwyn

Reaction score

That’s a pretty simplistic set of criteria.

24-20 means both stay but 23-21 means both are fired?

gimmesix

Reaction score
I want them both back. If they lost to GB however it would be arguably the most embarrassing loss in history. At least when we lost in 2007 to the Gents, embarrassing at the moment, they won the SB. GB isn’t winning the SB this year folks.
That's kind of why I put parameters on it.

If we lost 35-31 (or something like that), I wouldn't likely put that on McCarthy but on Quinn (unless, of course, offensive mistakes were the reason that other team scored that much).

If we lost 20-17, I'd put that on McCarthy. Offense has to be better than that and jettisoning Moore did not fix the playoff problem.

Aven8

Reaction score
That's kind of why I put parameters on it.

If we lost 35-31 (or something like that), I wouldn't likely put that on McCarthy but on Quinn (unless, of course, offensive mistakes were the reason that other team scored that much).

If we lost 20-17, I'd put that on McCarthy. Offense has to be better than that and jettisoning Moore did not fix the playoff problem.
Playoff football is generally around lower scoring. Im expecting more of a Detroit type game from here on out until SF

gimmesix

Reaction score
That’s a pretty simplistic set of criteria.

24-20 means both stay but 23-21 means both are fired?
I guess I should have tagged and we lose onto that. If we win, I don't care if it's 2-0. We move on to the next week and evaluate again.

rambo2

Reaction score
Obvious to whom? Jerry, who has been noncommital?

Certainly, it's not obvious as far as fans are concerned if you just look at the threads on this board.
Obvious to me that's for sure.

conner01

Reaction score
MM is coming back
Quinn is coming back if he wants to
Dak is getting extended
The only really question is will Quinn take a HC job

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I want McCarthy back over Quinn if it's one or the other. McCarthy has done great things with the offense and Dak with no running game. Dak is our biggest investment and McCarthy has helped him tremendously. I think we have a better shot of getting similar defensive production out of Al Harris. If Quinn leaves I hope he is the new DC.

rambo2

Reaction score
MM is coming back
Dak is getting extended
I think that you got it right. It will be interesting to see if Quinn goes or stays. He might like to try to get back to back Superbowl wins.

gimmesix

Reaction score
MM is coming back
Dak is getting extended
So you think if we lost to the Packers 34-10 at home that those things you've listed would happen?

12+88=7

Reaction score
Dallas has two home games before they have to go on the road(maybe). These are must wins.

Conditions will not get any favorable as they are this year. If Dallas doesn't make the NFCCG then changes must be considered.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The 2023 season has been the best in a long time for the Cowboys. That's a valid reason to want both of them back.:thumbup:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I want them both back. If they lost to GB however it would be arguably the most embarrassing loss in history. At least when we lost in 2007 to the Gents, embarrassing at the moment, they won the SB. GB isn’t winning the SB this year folks.
no the jets game last year, and cards this year