Paranormal experiences

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I grew up in SW La. One Friday night my girlfriend and her brother and my best friend headed to East Texas because we had heard about the Saratoga Light. I think it was also called the Bragg light. The story goes that the road is eight miles long and many years ago it used to have a railroad track down the road with a hotel right in the middle of the eight mile stretch. One night the hotel manager took a lantern out and went out looking for some cattle. He was supposedly hit and killed by the train. The mans body was found but never found his head. The story goes on that on any given night you can go down the road and you will see a train light coming down the road and also see the mans lantern swinging from side to side as he is looking for his head. We arrived on the road one night where it was pitched black. We traveled down the road several times without seeing anything. Finally on one of our trips down the road we saw a light in the distance. The light continuted to get brighter as it got closer. We thought it was just another car coming out way. We got out of the car and sat on the front watching the light. The light kept getting brighter and brigher and all our thoughts were that this looks like a train light. The light stopped maybe 25 yards in front of us and just hung there in the middle of the road. As it stopped there, a red light began swinging from side to side underneath the white light. We all looked at each other and wondering if we were all seeing the same thing. A few seconds later, the red light went out and the white light shot toward us and over our heads and then went out. We piled in the car in 2 seconds, hit the gas and were 20 minutes away before anyone said anything. To this day, we all saw the same thing exactly as described. We have no idea what it was but it was not someone playing a prank. Scared us silly.

I grew up in the Houston suburbs and heard about this a lot growing up. One day when we could finally drive, me and the boys went out there....on two different occasions. We never saw anything :thumbdown:

Sammy

Reaction score
I've had little to no experience with anything paranormal or even that spooky. Well, I guess I did have one spooky thing happen to me but there is an explanation to it. Sleep paralysis.

I was living in a bachelor pad with 3 other guys in my early 20s. It was an old house. Nothing really unusual ever happened there. One night I woke up, there was a dark shadowy figure standing over me, and I could not move anything, at all, whatsoever. I feel like it lasted for a few minutes when all of a sudden I finally got a good gasp of air and could move. When I refocused myself the shadowy figure was gone. It was definitely creepy and it was the one and only time I have ever experienced it my entire life. So, I'm not really sure what to make of it but I can still see it in my mind like it happened last week.

Other than that, pretty boring for me. :laugh:

I don't know what the name for it is, but I just saw it on the CBS show Evil. The psychiatrist was paralyzed and seeing a demon who was talking to her.

I thought it was night terrors but now that I've looked it up, you usually don't remember night terrors. But whatever it is, there is a scientific explanation for it.

Sammy

Reaction score
I don't know what the name for it is, but I just saw it on the CBS show Evil. The psychiatrist was paralyzed and seeing a demon who was talking to her.

I thought it was night terrors but now that I've looked it up, you usually don't remember night terrors. But whatever it is, there is a scientific explanation for it.

Okay I found it. It's sleep paralysis with hypnagogic hallucinations.

https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/sleep-paralysis-demon-in-the-bedroom#1

aria

Reaction score
Since Halloween is coming up,I thought this would be a fun topic. I remember there was a similar thread about this topic in the off topic forum about a year or two ago but it is against forum rules to bump old threads. If Anone who has had a paranormal experience please feel free to share
I typed a novel in that thread, wish I could find it to copy and paste it, way too long for me to type again. Cool topic though!