Parcells and the future

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
I have read the articles and all the threads, I have heard the media and have been thinking long and hard about things.

bellicheck is credited with building the patriot dynasty though it was parcells that built it and he just kinda inherited the whole thing.

At that point in his career parcells was sure and confident, walking away meant little to him because he knew what he was and capable of.

Now though the world is doubting, he isn't what he once was, blah blah blah.

The more I look at things the more I think he is here to build a dynasty, to prove himself as one of if not the best coach the nfl has seen.

One superbowl wouldn't prove that since bellicheck has won three...

I have a wierd feeling he is gonna prove something to the league to the fans and to the world ultimately.

to hear him speak its like this is his team he is proud of the kids he drafted he is bringing in sons of ex players, I really think he plans something special, he needs it.

I have a good feeling about him and about the team he has built I don't think he will leave after this year super bowl or not, after all good old bellicheck has won three parcells made him, who would know his name if not for parcells?

the tuna has something to prove, I think he has to prove it to himself, and that is a powerful thing to think about.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bellicheck is credited with building the patriot dynasty though it was parcells that built it and he just kinda inherited the whole thing.
Not to hijack the thread, but I hear this so much and it seems like complete BS to me. I mean, how many of the players on those SB teams were on the team back in 96?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
lets say 50 percent, the foundation of the team, the rocks on which you build.

even if there are only a few rocks to support a house they are more important than all the bricks and morter(sp) above them.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stealth said:
lets say 50 percent, the foundation of the team, the rocks on which you build.

even if there are only a few rocks to support a house they are more important than all the bricks and morter(sp) above them.
Well I just looked at the 04 roster and less than a 1/3 were even old enough to be on the team at that time. A few of them (I didn't look at al the names) I noticed were FAs after BP left. So, in other words, no.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
said 50 percent just shooting from the hip, the fact is parcells set the tone, brought the franchise from a joke to a real deal.

literally the patriots were the team even people in new england didn't root for.

bostonites didn't care about football.

and the point isn't whether you think so but whether parcell's does.

look at the first year they won the SB not '04

hogwild

Reaction score
BP can't even spell dynasty, he sure as hell never built one.

get real, BB built New England Patriots into a Dynasty without any
help from the Jersey Conman.

That may be motivation for him to continue coaching, but he
had minimal impact on NE super bowls.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
hogwild said:

parcells made NE whether you think so or not that was not a franchise worth anything until he came into it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stealth said:
parcells made NE whether you think so or not that was not a franchise worth anything until he came into it.
Parcells didn't make NE whether you think so or not. This argument is great. I should use it more often cause it works both ways.

hogwild

Reaction score
stealth said:
Just because you think he did doesn't make it so...nice try tho...

BP left the Jets last not NE.... BB turned them around when he got there

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
hogwild said:

Sorry man, but you are wrong. I wont go saying that winning 3 SB's in 4 years had nothing to do with the talent that BB brought in, and his coaching ability, but look at alot of the key guys, McGinnest, Bruschi, Law(on the 1st SB team), etc..all draft picks from the BP era.

hogwild

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks said:
Sorry man, but you are wrong. I wont go saying that winning 3 SB's in 4 years had nothing to do with the talent that BB brought in, and his coaching ability, but look at alot of the key guys, McGinnest, Bruschi, Law(on the 1st SB team), etc..all draft picks from the BP era.
Your wrong here man, BP didn't get to shop for the groceries then.
They weren't his draft picks...that's why he left supposedly

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
theogt said:
Parcells didn't make NE whether you think so or not. This argument is great. I should use it more often cause it works both ways.

prove NE was a legit franchise before parcells and I will bow down and give you props.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
If Parcell had built such a great team they wouldn't have finished last in their division in '99 and '00.

littlewebs

Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.
Reaction score
Brady with pick 199 is the single biggest stroke of luck in the history of sports. Belichick was obviously the biggest beneficiary. BB is a GREAT coach, but if not for that miraculous (can't be emphasized enough) draft pick, and the Tuck Rule Game as well, the New England dynasty isn't even a thought in anyone's mind. He's a great coach who has had a tremendous amount of breaks go his way on his road to glory. No one remembers his Cleveland years anymore.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
hogwild said:
Your wrong here man, BP didn't get to shop for the groceries then.
They weren't his draft picks...that's why he left supposedly

terry glenn man, check your facts.

terry glenn was the deal breaker

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stealth said:
prove NE was a legit franchise before parcells and I will bow down and give you props.
What does the late 80s-early 90s franchise have to do with winning SBs in 2001, 2003, and 2004?

hogwild

Reaction score
stealth said:
terry glenn man, check your facts.

terry glenn was the deal breaker
check your facts. BP didn't want to draft TG.
You obviously don't know much about the whole situation, you
might want to read up before posting on a MB

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
theogt said:
What does the late 80s-early 90s franchise have to do with winning SBs in 2001, 2003, and 2004?

everything, fact is new england became a team people knew about only when parcells hit there and took them all the way to the SB.

I didn't even know the patriots excisted in the 90's who even knew about them in 90-95 when the cowboys were the team of teams?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stealth said:
everything, fact is new england became a team people knew about only when parcells hit there and took them all the way to the SB.

I didn't even know the patriots excisted in the 90's who even knew about them in 90-95 when the cowboys were the team of teams?
Ok...so it has nothing to do with it then?

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
hogwild said:
check your facts. BP didn't want to draft TG.
You obviously don't know much about the whole situation, you
might want to read up before posting on a MB

yes I know parcells didnt wanna draft glenn
that was my point.
you said he didn't get to shop for groceries and were refuting the draft picks previously mentioned in an effort to illustrate that parcells didnt really draft them and was unhappy with the drafting of bruschi etc etc when in fact it was the terry glenn thing that soured him on the whole thing.

read the whole thread and maybe you will see where you misunderstood