Parcells and the future

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
theogt said:
Ok...so it has nothing to do with it then?
ok you win, I am not gonna argue as you can't see my point. where I can see yours.
not worth arguing with bias against me
different strokes my friend different strokes.

Apluz

Reaction score
hogwild said:
That may be motivation for him to continue coaching, but he
had minimal impact on NE super bowls.
[FONT=&quot]Saying he had minimal impact on NE's Superbowls IMO is like saying Adam Vinatieri is an avg kicker in fact with out him we are not even talking about a Patriot Dynasty.

As one poster already said the foundation of that dynasty was poured by Parcells... You can not take anything away from Belichick for winning 3 Superbowls and he deserves all the praise and admiration he gets from fans and supporters... however you also can not deny the star talent he inherited.... lets review...Drew Bledsoe, Troy Brown, Lawyer Milloy, Ted Johnson, Teddy Bruschi, Ty Law, Willie McGinest, and Adam Vinatieri.... not to mention the solid coaching staff Parcells left him with Charlie Wise. Romeo Crennel, Pepper Johnson, and Mangini among others.... but that’s not all Parcells son 'n' law is head of there personal department... there is no doubt in my mind Parcells fingerprints were all over that Dynasty.[/FONT]

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stealth said:
ok you win, I am not gonna argue as you can't see my point. where I can see yours.
not worth arguing with bias against me
different strokes my friend different strokes.
I see your point. I just don't think it holds water. BB is a great coach and took a team that hadn't done anything in a couple years and turned it into a dynasty. Some of those players were left over from the previous regime, but not a significant portion had been left over from Parcells's day. That said, like the other poster stated, BB has been VERY FORTUNATE to have some of things pan out like they have. He keeps going to the well and it just didn't dry up for him like it has for others. He went a long way in disproving the notion that "schemes don't win games, players win games."

hogwild

Reaction score
stealth said:
yes I know parcells didnt wanna draft glenn
that was my point.
you said he didn't get to shop for groceries and were refuting the draft picks previously mentioned in an effort to illustrate that parcells didnt really draft them and was unhappy with the drafting of bruschi etc etc when in fact it was the terry glenn thing that soured him on the whole thing.

read the whole thread and maybe you will see where you misunderstood
What the hell? I never said he was unhappy with the drafting of Bruschi.
BP has never built a Dynasty period. Not thru the draft or free agency
never.
I hope he leaves yesterday myself, but as long as he stays i hope that
he builds one here....modeled after BB NE team

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
hogwild said:
What the hell? I never said he was unhappy with the drafting of Bruschi.
BP has never built a Dynasty period. Not thru the draft or free agency
never.
I hope he leaves yesterday myself, but as long as he stays i hope that
he builds one here....modeled after BB NE team
I think its just the opposite. BB modeled his NE team after BP. In that regard BP can take a lot of credit for NEs 3 SBs.

hogwild

Reaction score
Apluz said:
[FONT=&quot]Saying he had minimal impact on NE's Superbowls IMO is like saying Adam Vinatieri is an avg kicker in fact with out him we are not even talking about a Patriot Dynasty.

As one poster already said the foundation of that dynasty was poured by Parcells... You can not take anything away from Belichick for winning 3 Superbowls and he deserves all the praise and admiration he gets from fans and supporters... however you also can not deny the star talent he inherited.... lets review...Drew Bledsoe, Troy Brown, Lawyer Milloy, Ted Johnson, Teddy Bruschi, Ty Law, Willie McGinest, and Adam Vinatieri.... not to mention the solid coaching staff Parcells left him with Charlie Wise. Romeo Crennel, Pepper Johnson, and Mangini among others.... but that’s not all Parcells son 'n' law is head of there personal department... there is no doubt in my mind Parcells fingerprints were all over that Dynasty.[/FONT]
There is alot of doubt in mine. BP left the JETS not NE last
Why don't we just say that BP first year here was 10-6 ... that was because
all the talent Campo left ,so Campo gets credit for that yr?
Doesn't make sense does it.
Show me a dynasty BP has built , you can't

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
theogt said:
I see your point. I just don't think it holds water. BB is a great coach and took a team that hadn't done anything in a couple years and turned it into a dynasty. Some of those players were left over from the previous regime, but not a significant portion had been left over from Parcells's day. That said, like the other poster stated, BB has been VERY FORTUNATE to have some of things pan out like they have. He keeps going to the well and it just didn't dry up for him like it has for others. He went a long way in disproving the notion that "schemes don't win games, players win games."

with a coaching staff with parcells ties.
he did it with parcell's coaching team.
barry switzer won a super bowl with jimmy's coaches.
how many of us think barry was a part of that third superbowl win?

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
theogt said:
I think its just the opposite. BB modeled his NE team after BP. In that regard BP can take a lot of credit for NEs 3 SBs.

:hammer:

that defense was already in place for BB and Brady was a very lucky find in round 6, he should be thankful for what BP had in place for him and that brady came along that late . . . BP drafted a good 4-5 solid starters for that D. BB molded that team around what BP brought in, kind of like what is happening here. we are molding young players around older guys . . .

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
hogwild said:

bp went to the playoffs with no talent that should speak volumes as to how good a coach and game planner he is.

jerry drafted those players not campo
and still parcells made them playoff calibre
if you think campo could have made that team reach the playoffs you have a very warped view on parcells that borders on prejudice

hogwild

Reaction score
theogt said:
Every coach worth his salt will learn something from every coach/system
there in. But it does injustice to BB to give BP anything but minimal
credit for what NE was able to accomplish...JMO

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
hogwild said:
Every coach worth his salt will learn something from every coach/system
there in. But it does injustice to BB to give BP anything but minimal
credit for what NE was able to accomplish...JMO
That's not the point. I was just saying its kinda backwards to say that the teacher models his team after the student.

hogwild

Reaction score
theogt said:
That's not the point. I was just saying its kinda backwards to say that the teacher models his team after the student.
I don't think of BB as the student. He has done more than BP ever has.
I'm sure BB did his share of teaching to BP when they were together,
probably why they were so tight.
BP - no dynasty
BB- dynasty

I want BB model any day.

p.s. Tom Brady is lucky he wasn't playing under BP....JMO

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
hogwild said:
BP - no dynasty
BB- dynasty
Sample size is just way too small to make this statement and conclude anything.

I'm sure they learned from each other, but most teachers and students do. BP was still the teacher and BB was still the student.

As for Tom Brady, he's lucky he was playing under Charlie Weis.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
hogwild said:
I don't think of BB as the student. He has done more than BP ever has.
I'm sure BB did his share of teaching to BP when they were together,
probably why they were so tight.
BP - no dynasty
BB- dynasty

I want BB model any day.

p.s. Tom Brady is lucky he wasn't playing under BP....JMO
may I ask why you hate parcells so much?
oh ya and I am going to bed now, so I can't hit you with a firey response, but I will try my best in the morning.

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
hogwild said:

Parcells laid the foundation in New England, with guys like Law, McGinist, Bruschi, Johnson, Vinateri, Glenn, Bledsoe, etc.

Digging deeper, you might as well give Pete Carroll some credit as well. I used to think he was an overrated coach, but then again this is the same man that built USC into the current juggernaut they are.

But make no mistake, it was under the Belechik regime that Tom Brady, Richard Seymour and Deon Branch were drafted. Call it luck, call it intuition, but the man knows his football.

~The Answer

hogwild

Reaction score
theogt said:
Sample size is just way too small to make this statement and conclude anything.

I'm sure they learned from each other, but most teachers and students do. BP was still the teacher and BB was still the student.

As for Tom Brady, he's lucky he was playing under Charlie Weis.
AH, thats all i wanted to hear , they learned from each other...
some on here act like BP knows it all,taught it all , invented it. built it all
ect....

But. I agree about Charlie Weiss :D

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
hogwild said:
BP - no dynasty
BB- dynasty

hmm, let's see.... Lombardi, Landry, Noll, Walsh, Johnson, and Belichick... any other coaches have "dynasties"??

Lots of great coaches haven't coached "dynasties," doesn't take away from the fact that BP is one of the greatest coaches of all time. You can't deny the fact that BB learned from BP and in NE, most of the coaching staff was under the tutelage of BP.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
great post, just look at our roster, 30%, maybe even 40% of the roster, is going to be filled with players with 4 years or less of experience, just look at the D Parcells is assembling, alot of youth and great potential lies there, saying Parcells is just interested in winning now, screw the future, just isn't true

hogwild

Reaction score
The Answer said:
Parcells laid the foundation in New England, with guys like Law, McGinist, Bruschi, Johnson, Vinateri, Glenn, Bledsoe, etc.

Digging deeper, you might as well give Pete Carroll some credit as well. I used to think he was an overrated coach, but then again this is the same man that built USC into the current juggernaut they are.

But make no mistake, it was under the Belechik regime that Tom Brady, Richard Seymour and Deon Branch were drafted. Call it luck, call it intuition, but the man knows his football.

~The Answer
Well i guess i could give Bob Kraft mother some credit too...but I think
i'll just give it all to the coach that held up 3 sb trophies in 4 yrs.
I can see giving him minimal credit (BP) that's all.
He didn't make the draft picks people...you know that foundation