Parson is mediocre in coverage

HungryLion

Reaction score
1. Parsons was solid in coverage. Especially considering his competition. He will get better.

2. Parsons was dominant in run defense.

3. Parsons had a couple of pressures on pass rushes. That would have been hits or sacks if it weren’t Brady getting rid of the ball laser quick.

Parsons is going to be just fine.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Notice those 1st 2 catches, 2 defenders 1 gronk and a heck of a good pass. Gronk's been doing this a long time. Can't fault a rookie for getting beat even when he had safety or other help.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Notice those 1st 2 catches, 2 defenders 1 gronk and a heck of a good pass. Gronk's been doing this a long time. Can't fault a rookie for getting beat even when he had safety or other help.

Agreed.

Gronk and Brady are going to be first ballot hall of famers.

they’re going to beat guys. Even when the defender plays well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
All this hype about his size & speed and he couldn’t stay with Gronk around 5 yard radius. If he doesn’t get better in coverage soon then he will be considered a bust pick.

perhaps he is. but he is a rookie LB, having missed a year of college football. to expect him to come in and know how to play in coverage against Brady, Gronk and one of the best offenses in the league in his very first NFL game...that's the wrong expectations....lets see where he is 5, 6, 8, 12 games from now...look for improvements....you expected dominance against two HOFers....that's not fair to Parsons

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I’m not anti Parsons but he better impact the pass game or we just passed on a Franchise Tackle for a linebacker lol.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I'm not one to call coaches out but for the life of me, I keep wondering why they weren't double-teaming him. Hell, the whole know he's Brady money player........
I wonder why the Browns didnt cover Kelce, I mean everyone knew he was getting the ball.
I wonder why the Ravens werent covering Waller... I mean maybe after target 15 in the 1st half they could figure it out???

HOF players are HOF for a reason. You think teams didnt know they needed to stop Jerry Rice? You dont think teams didnt design their entire defense around stopping Jerry Rice??? and the game would end and they would look up and see he had 10 catches, 175 yards and 2 Tds. Damn, if only they tried harder to stop Rice.....smh

DuncanIso

Reaction score

I’m not anti Parsons but he better impact the pass game or we just passed on a Franchise Tackle for a linebacker lol.

Yup.

hard to believe too.

He would have been an instant upgrade at RT.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I wonder why the Browns didnt cover Kelce, I mean everyone knew he was getting the ball.
I wonder why the Ravens werent covering Waller... I mean maybe after target 15 in the 1st half they could figure it out???

HOF players are HOF for a reason. You think teams didnt know they needed to stop Jerry Rice? You dont think teams didnt design their entire defense around stopping Jerry Rice??? and the game would end and they would look up and see he had 10 catches, 175 yards and 2 Tds. Damn, if only they tried harder to stop Rice.....smh

It’s not that they made the play. It’s that he’s stumbling around and doesn’t look natural at all trying to cover.

Which is fine if he can hit the QB but he has to do something when QBs drop back to throw.

He has the upside to do whatever he wants with his speed and athleticism but for now Micah Parsons is just an athlete that hopefully develops into something more then just a linebacker.

Dallas passed on a franchise tackle. Hopefully it works out for us.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am usually a defender of posts and OPs. Everyone can have an opinion. That said this guy writes the dumbest things. Always.

starfan1

Reaction score
It’s not that they made the play. It’s that he’s stumbling around and doesn’t look natural at all trying to cover.

Which is fine if he can hit the QB but he has to do something when QBs drop back to throw.

He has the upside to do whatever he wants with his speed and athleticism but for now Micah Parsons is just an athlete that hopefully develops into something more then just a linebacker.

Dallas passed on a franchise tackle. Hopefully it works out for us.

maybe. Slater hasn't accomplished much yet either and will have growing pains as well. I agree though there were a few plays that Parsons looked lost and bit on the play fake but Brady is a master Ill give him a pass game 1. I didn't expect it to be flawless especially against the Goat

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
maybe. Slater hasn't accomplished much yet either and will have growing pains as well. I agree though there were a few plays that Parsons looked lost and bit on the play fake but Brady is a master Ill give him a pass game 1. I didn't expect it to be flawless especially against the Goat

Parsons is just so athletic that it would be shocking if he isn’t eventually good at covering.

He should’ve had a pick 6 to win us the game. Imagine the vibe right now had he made a fairly easy read and pick.

Creeper

Reaction score
:lmao2:

That's pretty funny - a bust pick because he struggled covering a HoF TE in his first game.

Besides, I want Parsons playing close to the LOS. I want him chasing QBs and making tackles behind the LOS. Every time he goes out in coverage it is a negative for Dallas's front line defense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
" An argument can be made that he was the Cowboys' best defender in the season opener against Tampa Bay. He had seven tackles and a pass deflection and did not look out of place when lining up in different positions. There were a couple welcome-to-the-NFL moments, like when Tom Brady threaded a pass to Rob Gronkowski despite sticky coverage. All in all it was a solid debut for Parsons, and the expectations will only continue to grow. -- Todd Archer

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You mean a rookie LB playing multiple positions on the team gave up some plays to a future HOF TE getting passes from a future HOF QB. Well well...Hyperbole much?

I honestly don't know if you are a troll or really this silly. I mean I give the benefit of the doubt that maybe you just are a really young person with only some basic fundamental knowledge of the game and have grown up watching sports shows that lack most knowledge and just go for hot takes trying to get clicks but come on dude.
This is about as well worded (and as nice) as it can be put.