Parsons becoming a full DE?

J-man

Reaction score
IMHO
Getting stronger and more stout is ok, but he shouldn't try to add much weight. I wouldn't do anything to hinder that insane burst and speed.

If anyone has been reading my posts the past couple of years ya'll know I grew up in the same area as him and I've watched Micah play football since he was a little kid. I have said all through this process that his very best position in the NFL is OLB and his very best trait is attacking the football. So even though this might sound contradictory to some of you, I wouldn't make him a full time DE.
I'd leave him as a hybrid ILB/DE/OLB. Leaving teams guessing as to when and where he might come is a huge asset. If it was my decision, I'd let him freelance and attack the ball when ever and from where ever he feels like it. Dropping into coverage occasionally just to keep them guessing.
He is the ultimate chess piece and I wouldn't pigeon hole him into any one spot as to weaken his overall effectiveness.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
People need to chill…he won’t be a full time anything. The hand wringing on this site is comical. He is not trying to be a NT. He is just adding a few pounds on a frame that can easily handle it.

As long as he is doing this under supervision and is not through a Big Mac diet, he’ll be fine. When you find yourself on the ledge looking over, just ask yourself WWMND.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't understand this at all. He isn't as effective lining up in the same spot every down. He made his reputation being moved around the line and bringing pressure. Bulking up and lining. up FT at DE just seems like a bad idea.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People need to chill…he won’t be a full time anything. The hand wringing on this site is comical. He is not trying to be a NT. He is just adding a few pounds on a frame that can easily handle it.

As long as he is doing this under supervision and is not through a Big Mac diet, he’ll be fine. When you find yourself on the ledge looking over, just ask yourself WWMND.
Do you read or just make things up as you go?

The tweet LITERALLY says he is bulking up to be a full time DE.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I don't understand this at all. He isn't as effective lining up in the same spot every down. He made his reputation being moved around the line and bringing pressure. Bulking up and lining. up FT at DE just seems like a bad idea.
Even if they are going to classify him as a DE I have to believe DQ is still going to use him all along the line. If he does add more size/strength it may actually allow him to be a better rusher from the interior. My hope is that he doesn't lose his quickness and closing speed.

Honestly a lot of these guys that bulk up over the offseason end up at their normal playing weight by November anyways. It becomes very tough for guys to keep the extra weight on all year.

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Hes 252 right now. He said he'll never be over 255 I his career. Y'all need to relax on the the crying about him "bulking up" he's not going to 270 or even 260

Spottswoode

Reaction score
Do you read or just make things up as you go?

The tweet LITERALLY says he is bulking up to be a full time DE.
Want to make an avatar bet? Every player has a “full time” position…last year he was a LB. If you have paid attention to how Quinn uses players, you would see your hand ringing is unjustified.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Parsons is working on bulking up for DE even while attending a basketball game.

The man’s work ethic is incredible.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hope the plan isn’t to make him a full-time DE. It will take away from his sideline to sideline playmaking ability and most will judge him on sacks.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
How does everyone feel about this?

Yea? :thumbup:

or

Nay? :thumbdown:
Nay. Position flex is a big deal, and playing off the ball on run downs helps keep him healthy. Getting worn down was already a problem. We just don't need Parsons spending half the game trying to set an edge at OTs.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I support this.

Don't know why he isn't participating in the offseason program though. I'd probably trade him for that.
Don't laugh....the thought has crossed my mind. Get what you can now....before he becomes another Roy Williams and eats himself out of the league.