Parsons becoming a full DE?

conner01

Reaction score
Nay, he is too small for DE.
He needs to be a situational rusher, not full time DE.
This is going to wear him down.
He will likely play less snaps at full time DE
We have solid depth there so he may end up playing less
It’s about time. It is just a formality because that was pretty much what he was doing last year anyway.

It isn’t like he’s putting on 30 pounds or anything. They’re just going to let him gain a little muscle and focus on his DE technique.

There are many LB’s that can do what Micah did at LB. However, there is almost nobody that can do what he does at DE.

He is beyond special at getting to the QB. That is what he needs to be doing 100%.
im curious to see how much bulk he can add. A young guy with real personalized and full time training can add 10 maybe 15 lbs

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I liked him moving all over better but no doubt he should be rushing the passer more than not.
Cascading effect though…means we have Armstrong, Tank, Sam, Parsons at DE and now Gholston and Fehoko have to kick inside but then wouldn’t be inside until nickel/dime since Hankins (and Mazi) would be inside on running downs? That’s a deep DL rotation but also niched and using a lot of roster spots.
Moving him around sounds good to me on the surface, but sometimes I think that took him totally out of the play.

plasticman

Reaction score
I don't like this at all. Parsons has a diverse set of elite talents and most of them are going to be wasted on a position that is sure to deduct years from his future HOF career.

Now, every OC will know exactly where Parsons is, they don't have to worry about him sneaking in from a different direction. They don't have to worry about his speed beyond the D-line. They don't have to worry about their TE's and slot receivers being covered by a big LB that can run just as fast as them, if not faster.

They have literally chained their quickest, best defender to a post. The Cowboys coaching and/or management have decided to do their opponent's OC's job for them by eliminating potential options in critical circumstances. Parson's body isn't built to withstand constynt double teams by a pair of 300 pounders.

If they were concerned about Parson's stamina for a 17 game NFL season then this is the opposite action in which to address it.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does everyone feel about this?

Yea? :thumbup:

or

Nay? :thumbdown:
Not a fan. I prefer him staying wherever is natural for him. I hope we don’t here that in the next offseason he is going to get back to his natural weight as his weight was the reason for his injuries, or dip in production. Fingers crossed it works.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
He played DE almost exclusively last season. His body took a beating and he did not hold up when teams ran at him, so if he’s a DE, and he was last season, he needs the bulk and muscle. He doesn’t plan to ever be over 255 and is currently 252. Hopefully his body adjusts in time to avoid hamstring issues.

81% DE last season. He’s not a LB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan. I prefer him staying wherever is natural for him. I hope we don’t here that in the next offseason he is going to get back to his natural weight as his weight was the reason for his injuries, or dip in production. Fingers crossed it works.
I’d also rather opponents have to worry about where he’s coming from and what he’s doing rather than effectively telling them what to expect.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’d also rather opponents have to worry about where he’s coming from and what he’s doing rather than effectively telling them what to expect.
Totally agree. I don’t really know why they are tinkering with him. It seems like e typical Cowboy move but not with Quinn. I’m surprised.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

How can anyone say he should not be rushing the passer more often after watching the play vs the Forty Whiners G, when he tossed him like a rag doll.

Micah can be a great LBer, but he can be a generational DE!! The great DE’s are more important than the great LBers.

Micah himself admitted rushing the passer was wearing him out going up against 300 LBers. If he adds 15lbs of bulk he will better withstand the wear and tear of playing DE. His pass rush slowed way down at the end of last year.

He can still play LBer and rush from anywhere.

Call him whatever you want, but most snaps he needs to be going rushing the QB!!

Last edited:

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
You really think Parsons can't play with the weight he decides to show up with?
Parsons has a lot of pride! Guaranteed, while he is gaining weight he will be testing his speed and agility to make sure it does not slide much at all.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Bulking up will probably result in slowing down. His speed is a big part of why he is so dangerous.
Did you see his POWER vs the Whiners G?
It’s not just his power and speed it’s his technique, tenacity and drive.

He will be generational DE, IF his stamina improves.
What Crosby from the Raiders. He is 100 miles an hour all game. Micah is more talented etc. but needs to get his conditioning to Crosby’s level.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
Bulking up will probably result in slowing down. His speed is a big part of why he is so dangerous.
Mica doesn’t need to a lot of bulk, just the right kind of bulk. His strength coach will incorporate a good stretching routine, so the effects on flexibility will be minimal.

Think about how inflexible you feel after a workout. That’s just excess blood pumped into the fascia which gives you that pumped look. Just like a balloon, if you continue to stretch the fascia, it will elongate the muscle and provide more room for growth. If done right, he shouldn’t see any negative effects in flexibility and explosion with a reasonable amount of growth.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Seriously with Micah permanently moving to DE and the drafting of Mazi, the defensive line has been upgraded.The only real holes I see is speed cornerback and weakside linebacker.