Parsons becoming a full DE?

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I think it is the wrong move. The defense became very stale with him pretty much solely playing DE. His biggest asset is coming from multiple places, making the defense account for him. Having him just lineup in one spot over and over will make him less effective IMO.

H2SMafia

Reaction score
He won't be a full-time DE. He's only going to line up at DE on passing downs. On run downs, he'll essentially be an OLB because we run a pseudo-3-4 (or 5-2 depending on how you want to look at it). As the OLB/DPR in that formation, you can do a lot of shifting to lessen the run-blocking against him.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Speed kills at his current size and strength.

I support Dallas Cowboys decision makers, though.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
I think it is the wrong move. The defense became very stale with him pretty much solely playing DE. His biggest asset is coming from multiple places, making the defense account for him. Having him just lineup in one spot over and over will make him less effective IMO.
I think it’s just semantics. IMO, he needs to add a little bulk to handle the demands of what he is asked to do. I still see Quinn moving him around to create mismatches. All their front 7 picks have a little Swiss Army knife in them.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I think it’s just semantics. IMO, he needs to add a little bulk to handle the demands of what he is asked to do. I still see Quinn moving him around to create mismatches. All their front 7 picks have a little Swiss Army knife in them.
He will. Quinn will use him wherever and however he wishes. Last year Micah was essentially a DE anyway.

slick325

Reaction score
Why do I feel that we will be hearing from Parsons in a year..."I feel that I play better at a lighter weight. I need to be at 251."?

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Change Parsons? Someone just shoot me now, get it over with spare me the misery.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Quinn had to kind of dummy his defense down in the back half of last season in order to keep gap integrity vs the run. That's one reason why he was so eager to get Mazi.

The defense that Quinn wants to call is basically modern ameoba-front positionless football. He'll throw weird fronts at offenses and line up in weird gaps, then stunt on top of that. His basic defensive concepts are pretty simple - he's a single-high man type guy - but he throws a ton of disguises at offenses for both coverage and pass pro.

Parsons may be a DE, but it's not like he's gonna just line up at 7 tech and get sent at the LT's outside shoulder all day. He will still be lined up all over the front.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Micah is too good at rushing the passer to not be rushing the passer.

Hopefully he stays just as explosive with the added weight and helps with keeping him healthier

Another reason they were so high on overshown
Good but can disappear in games

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
I wish the jones were not so cheap and would have brought in Von Miller last year, imagine 2 years out of him for Parsons would have done wonders for the next 8 years for Parsons.

Majic

Reaction score
It would be so much simpler if we were a full-time base 3-4 DEF which I believe would be the best for Micah.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Not to be negative but every time we have heard of a player bulking up to help thier game it always seems like it works against them because they always seem to slow down.
I thought he wore down because he rushed EVERY play as if he wanted the sack record (and putting in 100% running down RB). Sometimes it was used against us = Eagles gm1 where Hurts beat him regularly with RPO's. I think he's more dangerous when moved around and the unpredictability of where he's coming from (or even give him a spell and dont rush him, opening spaces for others as he takes a dt).

Hadenough

Reaction score
I thought he wore down because he rushed EVERY play as if he wanted the sack record (and putting in 100% running down RB). Sometimes it was used against us = Eagles gm1 where Hurts beat him regularly with RPO's. I think he's more dangerous when moved around and the unpredictability of where he's coming from (or even give him a spell and dont rush him, opening spaces for others as he takes a dt).
Exactly! The Cowboys need to put him on a snap count along with moving him around.
He needs other players contributing more and counting on him less.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Micah: “I’m a LB,”

Micah’s agent: “DE’s make more money than LB’s,”

Micah: “I’m a DE!”