Parsons: Dak should be in the MVP conversation

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean he should be in the discussion if guys like TJ Watt and Tua are. Kirk Cousins before injury should’ve been too.

Honestly he should even be ahead of Hurts. But realistically, it’s probably Hurts and Mahomes.

But as a NFL fan I think Tyreke and AJ should be on the conversation as well as TJ Watt.

If Dak ends this season taking care of these harder teams later on? He will be in the conversation.

Nobody is really running away with it right now but Hurts is on the best team he just has so many turnovers.

It’s cloudy now but by December guys will separate themselves from the pack and if this team does what we hope it does it’s gonna be because of Dak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I mean he should be in the discussion if guys like TJ Watt and Tua are. Kirk Cousins before injury should’ve been too.

Honestly he should even be ahead of Hurts. But realistically, it’s probably Hurts and Mahomes.

But as a NFL fan I think Tyreke and AJ should be on the conversation as well as TJ Watt.

If Dak ends this season taking care of these harder teams later on? He will be in the conversation.

Nobody is really running away with it right now but Hurts is on the best team he just has so many turnovers.

It’s cloudy now but by December guys will separate themselves from the pack and if this team does what we hope it does it’s gonna be because of Dak.
Agree.......I'd also include Philly's Brown, but we kept him in check last week. You are right though, we will have a clearer picture next month.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I get advocating for a teammate, but this is one of the problems. Micah's in the media promoting Dak for MVP, but Bro talk to you're teammates about winning in the Playoffs, getting tougher for those bullies. Imho, seems like his mind is in the wrong place because if you all that comes, and you don't have to campaign.

Motorola

Reaction score
Both of the prominent \ most recognized NFL MVP awards (AP, PFWA) have long been the domain of the quarterback position, just like the Heisman Trophy.

Non-QB NFL MVPs over the previous 30 years___
1993 Emmitt Smith
1997 Barry Sanders
1998 Terrell Davis
2000 Marshall Faulk
2001 Faulk (PFWA only)
2005 Shaun Alexander
2006 LaDainian Tomlinson
2003 Jamal Lewis (PFWA only)
2012 Adrian Peterson

As you can see, all nine of the winners are RBs.

In 1987, Jerry Rice won three of the four MVPs that existed
- but not the AP (John Elway)

The first year the NFL MVP was awarded was in 1938.
In those 85 seasons (1938 - 2022), and whether there were two or more honors existed, here is the list of defensive players that garnered that recognition:

1971 Alan Page
1986 Lawrence Taylor

Last edited:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
When you talk constantly you eventually run out of intelligent things to say.
And advocating an MVP award for someone who hasn't been playing anywhere remotely close to an MVP level is just stupid talk.

An MVP candidate pulls that game out against the Iggles. An MVP candidate doesn't get smoked by the Cards either. Dak failed in both games

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
For Offensive player of the year, but MVP is different. It’s not just about who’s playing the best; why Brees never got close to winning it despite prolific seasons year after year.

Dallas’ defense will prevent Dak from being a serious candidate