Parsons, Farley, Slater, who are you taking?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Not Parsons/ We have two quality starting Tackles.We have one quality starting CB.
How do Slater and Farley grades compare
They are graded in the same range, where Slater might be the higher floor player.

waving monkey

Reaction score
They are graded in the same range, where Slater might be the higher floor player.
Then I take Farley and continue to rebuild the defence.
I do understand the uncertainty about TSmith but even if injuries happen we've seen Knight handle his business and now has a year of experience to boot.
The second round holds a lot of value. I'd like to see either side of the trenches addressed soon.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
In this scenario, let's assume all the offensive skilled players are off the board and the phone isn't ringing, which prospect will have his name on the card heading to the podium:

Parsons
Farley
Slater

All are blue chip prospects in my opinion and all fill important needs. However, they are all opt out players that are more projection on the next level. Which name is written on the card and why?

With limited knowledge of what's happening at the OT positions, I take Farley. But the execs may have different insights and are keeping that info secure, and if that's the case, we will know on draft day if they select an OT.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With limited knowledge of what's happening at the OT positions, I take Farley. But the execs may have different insights and are keeping that info secure, and if that's the case, we will know on draft day if they select an OT.
I'm a huge Farley guy, but we are seeing our OL starting to show their age and breaking down. This might be a perfect time to add another high level lineman as they will be need sooner then we all think. A player like Slater could start at either Guard or Center in the interim, but shift to Tackle if injuries occur or Tyron suddenly retires.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Then I take Farley and continue to rebuild the defence.
I do understand the uncertainty about TSmith but even if injuries happen we've seen Knight handle his business and now has a year of experience to boot.
The second round holds a lot of value. I'd like to see either side of the trenches addressed soon.
I want Farley, but think the better pick will be Slater. Don't trust the lineman as they as getting older, even Zack Martin.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Parsons would be my pick, but I think Farley would be the guy if his medicals check out. If you think Slater is going to eventually be your LT then he’s a worthy pick. And heck if he’s an All-Pro player on the interior most won’t have a problem with this.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If Parsons is there at 10 we have to consider him. He has the most talent out of all the defensive players in the draft. The problem is will our defensive staff use him right. I find myself as a Surtain fan because I do not trust our coaches when it comes to improving young raw talent. Surtain is already a technician.

Croomraider

Reaction score
Parsons / Surtain Jr are the best defensive guys in this draft.

Farley didn't play last year..... pass