Parsons, Fulltime DE or back to LB?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
bcf011d75f2f39acf22ebe0bfb9b21f7.jpg

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, since it's going to be a while before Lawrence gets back, I think we'll have plenty of time to see what he brings as a DE. But considering his size, a better role for him would be as a LEO type/OLB. I'd expect when Lawrence gets back for us to have him still rushing the passer a lot from a standup position. I think that was the role envisioned for him all along instead of having to use him as more of a straight-up DE.

Frankly, this experience playing DE will be good for him in that role because with each game, he's learning more and more about how to attack OTs.
anae and Armstrong most likely back for carolina..so we have RG, Basham, anae and Armstrong..seems like an overflow of DEs and maybe Parsons goes back to rover..:)

blueblood70

Reaction score
One thing I noticed about our young stud is he's a special player who doesn't want to come off the field, but if this pace keeps up Quinn in going to burn this kid out and that's when injuries happen. After he was helped off the field that should of been the end of his awesome night, but no a couple plays later he was back out there with the game well in hand. Young players coming into the NFL hit a wall at some point during the season and I'm afraid Parsons will hit that wall sooner than later.
not even factual his first 2 games only like 40% of the snaps that not a lot pS he complained they had him barely play..they have been working him to full plate slowly and correctly..

so this narrative is not true i think DQ has been easing him in..

CWR

Reaction score
He is a chess piece that you move all over the board. Guy is way too talented to leave in one spot. He's a nightmare for opposing offenses.

starfan1

Reaction score
I dont care where he plays just get after the QB. LB would seem the most beneficial

Chuck 54

Reaction score
When our DEs are back healthy, we have plenty of depth there. Absolutely play him at LB then.
  • He will slip blocks to shut down draws.
  • He will outrun blockers and RBs to take away the edge runs.
  • He will destroy screens.
  • Then blitz him from everywhere.
  • Then let him spy the best running QBs.
  • Then rush him from DE after OTs have adjusted to other DEs and watch him blow by them.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
its about pressures not just sacks and I believe he has had 13 in his first 2 weeks at a new position. I get it, its early, but he is a different cat.

Plus he drew a hold going against Lane Johnson so I consider that a win

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I think Parsons is most valuable as a guy you move all around and you never know if he's rushing or going out to cover.

LOL....no one talking about this but bet your azz it's coming during contract talk a few years from now

Yea I remember Jimmy Graham tried to be designated a wr to get more money. Making Parsons a fulltime de would definitely cost the Cowboys money.

Praxit

Reaction score
....would use him as Hybrid until the situation settles out. One thing for sure, Micah gets constant pressure. Its special to see.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
can this kid be a HOF DE , Pro bowl DE, ALL Pro? If so, should we leave him there ?

Or when the DEs all come back, does he go back to LB and just get more opportunities to pass rush from his normal spot?

this is a quandary?

i am curious what Parsons would like to be? i wonder if the coaches have asked him?

we haven't seen him at LB enough yet but man he could most likely be fulltime DE and be great at it but does he stay at his current weight to do this 17 games?

When everyone is healthy, play him mostly at LB and maybe 10 snaps at DE in some obvious passing downs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
....would use him as Hybrid until the situation settles out. One thing for sure, Micah gets constant pressure. Its special to see.
i hope a huge cut up form the last two weeks is sent to league office, ATTENTION head of officiating and see Parsons is held 75% of the time and nearly never called.. when lane Johnson couldn't handle him is when fans should know Parsons is on his way..

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So the argument is...who do I want comming at the QB in passing downs..RG, DL, OSA. or #11...easy answer ALL OF THEM...im starting to like this scene ALOT...

BigD_95

Reaction score
can this kid be a HOF DE , Pro bowl DE, ALL Pro? If so, should we leave him there ?

Or when the DEs all come back, does he go back to LB and just get more opportunities to pass rush from his normal spot?

this is a quandary?

i am curious what Parsons would like to be? i wonder if the coaches have asked him?

we haven't seen him at LB enough yet but man he could most likely be fulltime DE and be great at it but does he stay at his current weight to do this 17 games?

If it means we can get rid of Lawrence than DE

blueblood70

Reaction score
If it means we can get rid of Lawrence than DE
hes not a huge issue man just because hes making a big deal that dude does hold down his position., he get pressures, makes stops in the run game, and gets doubled and regardless of parsons tanks deal would be looked at as a redo or cut very soon anyway. We can say that about zeke, ac and lc as well..2022 have big decisions to make..gallup? Jaylon etc

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
:hammer:

its not as if Gregory or any other DE is playing better then tank..i get hes making huge money but that been paid already,,:popcorn:

He is the best every down DE on the team and its not close...like i said (same for the RB's to me) why would I not have RG, DL, Osa and #11 comming on passing downs....we have complained about DT pressure and now we have the body's to move a bonafide pass rusher into DT why would we not do it!!!

RamziD

Reaction score
Parsons does not have a position. He can be disruptive anywhere depending on the personnel being used and he should rarely be taken off the field.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He is the best every down DE on the team and its not close...like i said (same for the RB's to me) why would I not have RG, DL, Osa and #11 coming on passing downs....we have complained about DT pressure and now we have the body's to move a bonafide pass rusher into DT why would we not do it!!!
we know the coaches see that

this is just fan base that see overpaid players not filling up the stat sheet..im sure 2022 a lot of decisions are going to be made with a lot of these big contracts ..

could be a lot of changes with
Jaylon
Zeke
Lc
ac
tank..

add Gallup

what are we going to do with schultz?

they could be asked to take big pay cuts lie we did with Ware or get cut./traded..

however we have all of 2021 to go out and try and make that push with these guys..