Parsons, Fulltime DE or back to LB?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Dumb question: Last night, how many plays were *not* in the nickel? It seemed like the whole game was in 2 LB sets.

I have no issue with using parsons as a 4-3 outside backer and then a 4-2 DE with the DE part being most of the time.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dumb question: Last night, how many plays were *not* in the nickel? It seemed like the whole game was in 2 LB sets.

I have no issue with using parsons as a 4-3 outside backer and then a 4-2 DE with the DE part being most of the time.

Question...what if our nickle front looked like this

RG, Osa, TANK, #11....Im saying now we are talking about pressure....

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
can this kid be a HOF DE , Pro bowl DE, ALL Pro? If so, should we leave him there ?

Or when the DEs all come back, does he go back to LB and just get more opportunities to pass rush from his normal spot?

this is a quandary?

i am curious what Parsons would like to be? i wonder if the coaches have asked him?

we haven't seen him at LB enough yet but man he could most likely be fulltime DE and be great at it but does he stay at his current weight to do this 17 games?
This is an interesting question. I felt going into the season we would see him as an occasional pass rusher, but I didn't expect anything like this. I thought he would primarily play as a more traditional LB.

My guess is they will keep using him in a variety of ways, even after Lawrence is back. It's a guess though.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

I believe I read somewhere 80% Nickel and 20% Dime. No base sets...

Loso86

Reaction score
can this kid be a HOF DE , Pro bowl DE, ALL Pro? If so, should we leave him there ?

Or when the DEs all come back, does he go back to LB and just get more opportunities to pass rush from his normal spot?

this is a quandary?

i am curious what Parsons would like to be? i wonder if the coaches have asked him?

we haven't seen him at LB enough yet but man he could most likely be fulltime DE and be great at it but does he stay at his current weight to do this 17 games?
Why put a name on him. He's our hybrid player who can do it all

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why put a name on him. He's our hybrid player who can do it all
Trust me he will want a name whine it comes payday time..most likely be an issue if they try and lowball him with LB pay if hes played more then 50% at DE.. highest paid DE make more money then LBs...theres that

It was simply a hypothetical anyway curious what fans thought but more rhetorical in what does MP himself want....

Loso86

Reaction score
Trust me he will want a name whine it comes payday time..most likely be an issue if they try and lowball him with LB pay if hes played more then 50% at DE.. highest paid DE make more money then LBs...theres that

It was simply a hypothetical anyway curious what fans thought but more rhetorical in what does MP himself want....
Yea no I get what your saying. I look at him like a potential khalil mack/ tj watt type of guy. If he is labeled as lolb or roll and still do it all these guys are starting to get PAID

FVSTONE

Reaction score
not even factual his first 2 games only like 40% of the snaps that not a lot pS he complained they had him barely play..they have been working him to full plate slowly and correctly..

so this narrative is not true i think DQ has been easing him in..
That kid was gassed last night and shouldn't of been allowed back in the game. He's not use to going up against GROWN 320 plus men down after down. Percentages don't mean squat to me, this young stud didn't line up on the D-Line down after down in college and Quinn better realize that teams are going to have set plays to disrupt his play and if he's gassed there's a good chance he'll end up with a blown knee or worst. Quinn should mix it up and throw Jaylen Smith D-Line and let Parsons freelance and use see football knowledge to make good things happen.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

this is a quandary?

Whatever you decide, big boy.
I shall put on a kettle for tea, and you just let us know.

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
he's more valuable at the end then at linebacker. He would have been a top 5 pick if he came out as an end in college.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I mean, Parsons is on pace for 16 sacks at this point and to be tops in the league in pressures.

Whether it’s Lb or DE. I continue to let him attack and harass the QB all game long.

he doesn’t have to be a “DE”. He can do that from OLB and MLB too.
Not sure what math you’re using…he’s on pace for 8.5

blueblood70

Reaction score
That kid was gassed last night and shouldn't of been allowed back in the game. He's not use to going up against GROWN 320 plus men down after down. Percentages don't mean squat to me, this young stud didn't line up on the D-Line down after down in college and Quinn better realize that teams are going to have set plays to disrupt his play and if he's gassed there's a good chance he'll end up with a blown knee or worst. Quinn should mix it up and throw Jaylen Smith D-Line and let Parsons freelance and use see football knowledge to make good things happen.
no he wasnt and it takes that many games for vets not playing in PS aty all to get their full game legs..i disagree DQ has done great job easing this kind into it and will continue to use him to win games..
first round pick should be ready to go and rarely happens but MP has not only lived up to his draft spot but is maybe even surpassing it.

ill trust the coaches you aren't on the field or talk to him on game day..they are in fact in his face all week, all game, and they know rotate player better then you do..most players this time of the year are just rounding into full game shape..