Parsons has Slay (Philly) on his podcast

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You’re obviously not following along. It’s not about just not paying him. It’s about trading him for multiple picks, including at least a couple of premium picks. That’s what we should consider doing if this season ends up being a real stinker. We would be looking to add players in the draft. If we could get a couple of first round picks, that would leave us with two first round picks next April and a couple of first rounders in 2026. We then would have enough money to add one top tier free agent. That’s a quick way to improve the team if we make the most of those picks. We’re certainly not going to get better paying Parsons close to $40 million per.
What teams do you believe would consider giving up multiple premium draft picks for the opportunity to pay Micah Parsons over $30 million per season? If the Cowboys don’t believe keeping him is a good idea, and they don’t have to give up draft capital to do so, why would another franchise believe it’s a good enough idea to give up important draft capital to get him?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe he could do a sideline podcast while the offense is on the field. Though, it'd be a very short segment. :muttley:
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool yeah by the time he started to speak, Uhhhhhh 3 and out, time to punt, quick commercial break, defense back out there!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What teams do you believe would consider giving up multiple premium draft picks for the opportunity to pay Micah Parsons over $30 million per season? If the Cowboys don’t believe keeping him is a good idea, and they don’t have to give up draft capital to do so, why would another franchise believe it’s a good enough idea to give up important draft capital to get him?
There would be a number of teams that would love to have Parsons, but I couldn’t name them. The Bears gave up four draft picks, including two first round picks for Khalil Mack a few years ago. Any team that feels Parsons could take their defense to the next level would be interested and they would pay him big. You win Super Bowls with great defense, especially a great pass rush. DeMarcus Ware helped push Denvers defense over the top. DWare and Von Miller terrorized Cam Newton in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys defense is lacking too many pieces upfront for Parsons to make a huge impact for us. Other than the opener against Cleveland he’s made no impact. Any team that’s solid on the DL, but is lacking a great pass rusher would jump at the chance of getting Parsons. The Cowboys always have too many holes and end up wasting the talent of great players. We’ve had players leave and end up in Super Bowls with other teams. We have no running game and too many holes on defense for Parsons to take us where we want to go.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless there is a personal issue players no longer hate opposing teams players. Players move to much from team to team nowdays. it's different for fans as we stay loyal to 1 team typically.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless there is a personal issue players no longer hate opposing teams players. Players move to much from team to team nowdays. it's different for fans as we stay loyal to 1 team typically.
maybe we should jump from team to team and have no loyalty

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
There would be a number of teams that would love to have Parsons, but I couldn’t name them. The Bears gave up four draft picks, including two first round picks for Khalil Mack a few years ago. Any team that feels Parsons could take their defense to the next level would be interested and they would pay him big. You win Super Bowls with great defense, especially a great pass rush. DeMarcus Ware helped push Denvers defense over the top. DWare and Von Miller terrorized Cam Newton in the Super Bowl. The Cowboys defense is lacking too many pieces upfront for Parsons to make a huge impact for us. Other than the opener against Cleveland he’s made no impact. Any team that’s solid on the DL, but is lacking a great pass rusher would jump at the chance of getting Parsons. The Cowboys always have too many holes and end up wasting the talent of great players. We’ve had players leave and end up in Super Bowls with other teams. We have no running game and too many holes on defense for Parsons to take us where we want to go.
One look at that Bears trade for Mack and the dumbest GM in the NFL would know better than to trade anything remotely similar to that for Parsons. No team in the NFL is without their first round draft choice because more than ever they are necessary to acquire talent with some degree of cost control. The percent of the salary cap teams need to devote to QB, WR, makes an expensive edge rusher a luxury. A team might be willing to pay $30 million per season for Parsons, but they’re not going to give up draft capital and pay him. Premium picks are called premium picks for a reason. Not a snowball’s chance in Texas in July the Cowboys could get even one first round pick for Micah Parson$.

Praxit

Reaction score
...Micah was qouted on NFL.com. Stating he feels humbled by the injury.

By him being out, he's letting the team down.

Will see how he emerges in few weeks. Not crossing fingers here.

I still think, Jerry should go big on trade for him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
One look at that Bears trade for Mack and the dumbest GM in the NFL would know better than to trade anything remotely similar to that for Parsons. No team in the NFL is without their first round draft choice because more than ever they are necessary to acquire talent with some degree of cost control. The percent of the salary cap teams need to devote to QB, WR, makes an expensive edge rusher a luxury. A team might be willing to pay $30 million per season for Parsons, but they’re not going to give up draft capital and pay him. Premium picks are called premium picks for a reason. Not a snowball’s chance in Texas in July the Cowboys could get even one first round pick for Micah Parson$.
He had 12.5 sacks his first season with the Bears. In his four seasons with them he ended up with 36 sacks. He had 17 sacks with the Chargers last season. Elite pass rushers are coveted. I’m not going to waste a lot of time arguing this. If Parsons was available for trade there would be a plenty of teams interested. What they would be willing to give up is anyone’s guess but you’re completely lost if you don’t think the Cowboys could get a first round pick for him. :rolleyes: They would definitely get more than that.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
He had 12.5 sacks his first season with the Bears. In his four seasons with them he ended up with 36 sacks. He had 17 sacks with the Chargers last season. Elite pass rushers are coveted. I’m not going to waste a lot of time arguing this. If Parsons was available for trade there would be a plenty of teams interested. What they would be willing to give up is anyone’s guess but you’re completely lost if you don’t think the Cowboys could get a first round pick for him. :rolleyes: They would definitely get more than that.
And he did not make the Bears a winner. Parsons will not be traded for a first round draft pick, nor will any other NFL players. 2nd round picks have more value than ever before, few of those get traded anymore. Micah Parsons isn’t worth anymore to a team than he’s worth to the Cowboys right now. Dallas is not considering trading any draft picks for any player. They could use help on defense and they will go with that they have before parting with a first, second, or third. The 31 other franchises are not going to part with valuable draft capital for players, either. If he’s not worth $30+ million to the Cowboys he isn’t worth it to any other team if they have to part with draft picks. You have to accept the fact that few teams have a GM dumber than the Cowboys’ GM. The Cowboys will sign him or he plays on the 5th year option, and gets tagged another two seasons and he leaves. Or he holds out rather than play on the 5th year option and then the Cowboys acquie$ce and $ign him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And he did not make the Bears a winner. Parsons will not be traded for a first round draft pick, nor will any other NFL players. 2nd round picks have more value than ever before, few of those get traded anymore. Micah Parsons isn’t worth anymore to a team than he’s worth to the Cowboys right now. Dallas is not considering trading any draft picks for any player. They could use help on defense and they will go with that they have before parting with a first, second, or third. The 31 other franchises are not going to part with valuable draft capital for players, either. If he’s not worth $30+ million to the Cowboys he isn’t worth it to any other team if they have to part with draft picks. You have to accept the fact that few teams have a GM dumber than the Cowboys’ GM. The Cowboys will sign him or he plays on the 5th year option, and gets tagged another two seasons and he leaves. Or he holds out rather than play on the 5th year option and then the Cowboys acquie$ce and $ign him.
I never said Parsons would be traded. I’m telling you what I would do. The Cowboys will very likely re-sign him. Khalil Mack didn’t make the Bears a winner because they sucked at QB. I’m not wasting time arguing with someone who thinks we wouldn’t even get a first round pick for Parsons. You were way off base with that one. Can’t believe you were serious with that comment.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I never said Parsons would be traded. I’m telling you what I would do. The Cowboys will very likely re-sign him. Khalil Mack didn’t make the Bears a winner because they sucked at QB. I’m not wasting time arguing with someone who thinks we wouldn’t even get a first round pick for Parsons. You were way off base with that one. Can’t believe you were serious with that comment.
I’m saying no one will trade a first round draft pick for any player in the league in his 4th year. Not just Parsons.

links18

Reaction score
Parsons seems to be doing everything he can to turn the fans and even the team against him. Fans and the media have complained about him doing podcasts while he’s still playing. He’s having a down year and is injured. It’s going to be interesting to see if the Joneses want to pay him close to $40 million per after this season.
Of course they will pay him and then they will cry poverty on the resr of the roster because all their money is tied up in three or four players.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m saying no one will trade a first round draft pick for any player in the league in his 4th year. Not just Parsons.
If a team trades a round 1-drafted player still on a rookie contract, the new team either inherits the fifth-year option (if already picked up) or can choose to apply it (if it hasn't been picked up yet.

HotDog37

Reaction score
Trade time.

hqdefault.jpg