Parsons has Slay (Philly) on his podcast

HungryLion

Reaction score
Made a lot of plays and put up most of his sacks against bad teams. He was nowhere to be found in the blowout losses we had.

Whatever you say man. Having zero help inside and at LB doesn’t make life easy for anyone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Whatever you say man. Having zero help inside and at LB doesn’t make life easy for anyone.
He didn’t have much help his first two years, but opponents didn’t know how to handle him. Teams have figured out ways to neutralize him, especially the contending teams. Last season he didn’t have a single sack or make an impact play against San Francisco, Buffalo and Green Bay. This season he was a no-show against New Orleans and Baltimore. He really didn’t do that much against the Giants, except for one good play behind the line of scrimmage on a running play. If he’s going to be looking for close to $40 million per season, we don’t need to be hearing any excuses about him not having any help inside. It’s going to be hard to improve the help with all the money he’s going to be looking for. He was being taken out of plays by a tight end against New Orleans. He’s undersized and the book on how to defend him is out.

Praxit

Reaction score
He didn’t have much help his first two years, but opponents didn’t know how to handle him. Teams have figured out ways to neutralize him, especially the contending teams. Last season he didn’t have a single sack or make an impact play against San Francisco, Buffalo and Green Bay. This season he was a no-show against New Orleans and Baltimore. He really didn’t do that much against the Giants, except for one good play behind the line of scrimmage on a running play. If he’s going to be looking for close to $40 million per season, we don’t need to be hearing any excuses about him not having any help inside. He was being taken out of plays by a tight end against New Orleans. He’s undersized and the book on how to defend him is out.
sad but true. At least the LT comparison talk, has been put to rest. I dont think he's even in Aaron Donalds league. 3-time DP of year.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He didn’t have much help his first two years, but opponents didn’t know how to handle him. Teams have figured out ways to neutralize him, especially the contending teams. Last season he didn’t have a single sack or make an impact play against San Francisco, Buffalo and Green Bay. This season he was a no-show against New Orleans and Baltimore. He really didn’t do that much against the Giants, except for one good play behind the line of scrimmage on a running play. If he’s going to be looking for close to $40 million per season, we don’t need to be hearing any excuses about him not having any help inside. It’s going to be hard to improve the help with all the money he’s going to be looking for. He was being taken out of plays by a tight end against New Orleans. He’s undersized and the book on how to defend him is out.

Teams figured out how to neutralize him because they realized they can put a ton of attention on him and the rest of the garbage defense won’t make a play.

We have the worst defensive line in the league outside of Parsons.

I don’t see how getting rid of our best DL player solves the problem.

And you’re gonna keep hearing about the lack of help inside. Football is a team sport. Parsons has trash players around him. That’s a fact.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Teams figured out how to neutralize him because they realized they can put a ton of attention on him and the rest of the garbage defense won’t make a play.

And you’re gonna keep hearing about the lack of help inside. Football is a team sport. Parsons has trash players around him. That’s a fact.
Which is a big reason the Cowboys need to look to trade him. We need players, especially on the DL and we’re not going to be able to get them paying him the kind of money he’ll be looking for. He hasn’t made our defense any better. He’s not a leader and he doesn’t have enough help around him. The Cowboys would be better off trading him for a package of draft picks which would enable them to draft several players and have them on rookie deals. No guarantee the players will turn out but I would rather take my chances paying several players, rookies/free agents for what it’s going to take to re-sign him. Playing the Steelers on Sunday brings back bad memories of passing on TJ Watt. The only way to fix the defense is to improve the DL. Our LB‘s are getting knocked out of plays which is creating huge running lanes. Not creating enough havoc up front is also affecting our pass rush.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
sad but true. At least the LT comparison talk, has been put to rest. I dont think he's even in Aaron Donalds league. 3-time DP of year.
He’s not close to Aaron Donald, who couldn’t even be contained with multiple players. Aaron Donnell never faded as the season went on and showed up in big games. He was all over Joe Burrow in the closing minutes of the Super Bowl.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Which is a big reason the Cowboys need to look to trade him. We need players, especially on the DL and we’re not going to be able to get them paying him the kind of money he’ll be looking for. He hasn’t made our defense any better. He’s not a leader and he doesn’t have enough help around him. The Cowboys would be better off trading him for a package of draft picks which would enable them to draft several players and have them on rookie deals. No guarantee the players will turn out but I would rather take my chances paying several players, rookies/free agents for what it’s going to take to re-sign him. Playing the Steelers on Sunday brings back bad memories of passing on TJ Watt. The only way to fix the defense is to improve the DL. Our LB‘s are getting knocked out of plays which is creating huge running lanes. Not creating enough havoc up front is also affecting our pass rush.

See I disagree. The cowboys don’t have players around him because they blow picks on guys who bust on defense regularly.

So you want to trade away their best defensive draft pick since Demarcus Ware, so they can take a bunch of players that’ll what? Also be busts themselves or be mediocre?

No thanks.

Praxit

Reaction score
He’s not close to Aaron Donald, who couldn’t even be contained with multiple players. Aaron Donnell never faded as the season went on and showed up in big games. He was all over Joe Burrow in the closing minutes of the Super Bowl.
... yep, that dude was a beast. I saw him in game Vs Rodgers. He got a sack off Rodgers, next play he's in the backfield taken down RB, next play defending a screen.

I thought to myself, Holy Crap, this guy is unreal. Glad he got his ring.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
See I disagree. The cowboys don’t have players around him because they blow picks on guys who bust on defense regularly.

So you want to trade away their best defensive draft pick since Demarcus Ware, so they can take a bunch of players that’ll what? Also be busts themselves or be mediocre?

No thanks.
The only way they’re going to improve on defense is the draft. You have to overpay for free agents and some of them never pan out. The teams that have built the best defenses, built them through the draft. Granted we’ve blown some picks on defense but we’ve also hit on some. Parsons isn’t the pass rusher DWare was. He’ll never sniff some of the sack totals DWare had. Ware had four seasons with more sacks than Parsons.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
... yep, that dude was a beast. I saw him in game Vs Rodgers. He got a sack off Rodgers, next play he's in the backfield taken down RB, next play defending a screen.

I thought to myself, Holy Crap, this guy is unreal. Glad he got his ring.
He played a big part in why the Rams won a championship. He was a dominating player who showed up in the big games.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The only way they’re going to improve on defense is the draft. You have to overpay for free agents and some of them never pan out. The teams that have built the best defenses, built them through the draft. Granted we’ve blown some picks on defense but we’ve also hit on some. Parsons isn’t the pass rusher DWare was. He’ll never sniff some of the sack totals DWare had. Ware had four seasons with more sacks than Parsons.

I didn’t say he was as good as Ware. Although he’s currently on a hall of fame trajectory. So it’ll depend on his longevity.

I just plain disagree with you. Trading one of the best players on the teams and best pass rushers in the league for more draft picks to me is just foolish and a bigger risk than the potential reward.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
This isn't the old NFL where players play for one team and legitimately hate each other. They have friends around the league they talk to. Also, it's just a podcast. Why do people care so much?
I was just telling someone this, the times are different.. you have to be willing to adjust or just walk around mad all of the time. lol. Another example look at baseball, they guys on opposite teams play and joke around with each other while on base.. this isn’t baseball from my era but I love it. Anyway. Let’s Go Braves!!!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didn’t say he was as good as Ware. Although he’s currently on a hall of fame trajectory. So it’ll depend on his longevity.

I just plain disagree with you. Trading one of the best players on the teams and best pass rushers in the league for more draft picks to me is just foolish and a bigger risk than the potential reward.
I thought the same thing you did a couple years ago when someone mentioned trading him. I thought they were crazy. I said it would be foolish to trade your best pass rusher who’s a generational player for some rolls of the dice in the draft. However, his level of playmaking has dropped off since then and he’s going to be looking for close to what Dak received with his first extension. Looking at what little he’s done in four playoff games and how it’s been going this season I’ve changed my opinion. He’s not a leader and doesn’t appear to love football. He’s been talking about wanting to try out for the Olympics in four years and retiring from football at 30. I don’t like what I’m seeing or hearing from him. We’ll struggle to put the players around him with the kind of money he’s going to make.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I thought the same thing you did a couple years ago when someone mentioned trading him. I thought they were crazy. I said it would be foolish to trade your best pass rusher who’s a generational player for some rolls of the dice in the draft. However, his level of playmaking has dropped off since then and he’s going to be looking for close to what Dak received with his first extension. Looking at what little he’s done in four playoff games and how it’s been going this season I’ve changed my opinion. He’s not a leader and doesn’t appear to love football. He’s been talking about wanting to try out for the Olympics in four years and retiring from football at 30. I don’t like what I’m seeing or hearing from him. We’ll struggle to put the players around him with the kind of money he’s going to make.

Well. I guess we will find out in time.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Do you make this many excuses in your everyday life? Micah wants to be the highest paid player. Nobody cares about the dts or lbs. Produce or dont

HungryLion

Reaction score
Do you make this many excuses in your everyday life? Micah wants to be the highest paid player. Nobody cares about the dts or lbs. Produce or dont

Do you make dumb comments in your everyday life? Or just on this board.

He’s overall one of the most productive pass rushers in the league. That’s an objective fact.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well. I guess we will find out in time.
We will find out in time. I’ll say this much if this season goes really poorly and Parsons ends up having a down season, it wouldn’t shock me if the Joneses attempt to trade him. It’s not very likely, but it wouldn’t shock me. Just go back to the 89 season with Herschel Walker. The Cowboys had a bad team and Walker wasn’t helping them. They needed several players. Most thought it was crazy trading Walker, but it paid off. However, you have to make the draft picks count. A few years ago the Raiders got four draft picks for Khalil Mack. Two first rounders, a third rounder and a sixth rounder. We could possibly do even better trading Parsons. A team that has a good defense could go to an unbelievable level with him. DWare did real well for Denver when he had good players around him. It’s a great recipe for winning a championship. The Broncos defense dominated the Super Bowl with Ware and Von Miller.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We will find out in time. I’ll say this much if this season goes really poorly and Parsons ends up having a down season, it wouldn’t shock me if the Joneses attempt to trade him. It’s not very likely, but it wouldn’t shock me. Just go back to the 89 season with Herschel Walker. The Cowboys had a bad team and Walker wasn’t helping them. They needed several players. Most thought it was crazy trading Walker, but it paid off. However, you have to make the draft picks count. A few years ago the Raiders got four draft picks for Khalil Mack. Two first rounders, a third rounder and a sixth rounder. We could possibly do even better trading Parsons. A team that has a good defense could go to an unbelievable level with him. DWare did real well for Denver when he had good players around him. It’s a great recipe for winning a championship. The Broncos defense dominated the Super Bowl with Ware and Von Miller.

The Jones will probably sign Micah and then lie to everyone about the cap situation and why they do absolutely nothing to improve the team in the off season.

That’s like their favorite thing to do. “We like our guys”. “Pieces of the pie”. “Circumsize a mosquito” rinse and repeat.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The Jones will probably sign Micah and then lie to everyone about the cap situation and why they do absolutely nothing to improve the team in the off season.

That’s like their favorite thing to do. “We like our guys”. “Pieces of the pie”. “Circumsize a mosquito” rinse and repeat.
That pretty much covers it folks. You nailed it