Parsons has to go

Verdict

Reaction score
oh we have our own self-inflicted "Herschel Walker" situation with Dak. Dak's contract is worst than the Herchel Walker trade back then. Expect the same crap from Parsons and those players about to become FAs and /or that the Team need to extend, overpriced contracts with no trade, no tag clauses.... heeeere weee goooo
Dak’s contract is bad for the Cowboys but it’s not bad for the acquiring team. It’s a cheap contract for the upcoming season.

The acquiring team will be a really bad team that is in desperate need of a QB. Washington, Patriots, and a few other teams would be in position to make that trade.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The culture finally got to him. He was gung-ho when he first got here and now he's turned into a me-first player with a terrible attitude. I knew it was only a matter of time
He saw how powerful the Cowboys branding is. When he got here, he did really good. Was on a good 2021 team that started off very hot. This got him a ton of attention. Big following on social media. Starts his own podcast. It's the nature of the beast. He didn't get all that because he cemented himself as a winner. Being a Dallas Cowboy gets you a ton of exposure. He's morphed into a corny social media personality. Arguing with fans constantly online. He trashed the Niners when they slid into a funk, after his team got destroyed by them in primetime tv.

Every single season, he runs out gas in the final quarter and is a no show when it matters. You can now set your watch to it. I used to follow him on Twitter but he's extremely corny. Had to unfollow. Has no self awareness.

I expect this to get even worse once he gets his massive contract extension.

He reminds me a lot of Dez. Except Dez could actually be counted on when it mattered much more than Parsons. But they are one in the same how they operate off the field.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The culture finally got to him. He was gung-ho when he first got here and now he's turned into a me-first player with a terrible attitude. I knew it was only a matter of time
Don't leaders help set the culture?

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
At this point, I don't care who they trade. Let Parsons go somewhere else and get held. Get what you can in return now for whoever you can and build capital, because we all know we're not winning a SB next year, and more than likely it's going to be a dumpster fire.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
2 firsts for the highest rated pass rusher in the league isn't enough. It isn't close to enough. Two 1's, two 2's and a 3 minimum. You don't trade that kind of player unless the offer is overwhelming.
The acquiring team wi also have to pay him an enormous contract.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak’s contract is bad for the Cowboys but it’s not bad for the acquiring team. It’s a cheap contract for the upcoming season.

The acquiring team will be a really bad team that is in desperate need of a QB. Washington, Patriots, and a few other teams would be in position to make that trade.
the acquiring team want be really bad...I dont see Dak approving a trade to a really bad team...

Chasing6

Reaction score

Only way to trade Dak is to tear down and rebuild.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
thats how you know the thread is dumb and trolling
Not to me. He has a LOT of trade value, and I'd say the trade value is as high as his production. Couple that with his deficit as a leader and I think the Cowboys should shop him. I'd make some calls.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Not to me. He has a LOT of trade value, and I'd say the trade value is as high as his production. Couple that with his deficit as a leader and I think the Cowboys should shop him. I'd make some calls.
good FO's shop everyone..why would you not want to know what his value is on the line before you pay him huge money...

Blackrain

Reaction score
Its foolish if we pay him. It hinders the team .
I totally agree with the way the salary cap is set up if you don't keep flushing the roster with young talent you were just creating a top-heavy situation that will bite you and keep you in the perpetual groundhog Day that we're in of making the playoffs but not having enough to get over the hump.

We need more young players on their rookie contracts to fill these holes and get us over the hump using up too much of the cap on one overrated player that disappears in the playoffs is not a good idea.

It would be different if he rose to the occasion and had his best games in the postseason but he tends to totally disappear

vig454

Reaction score
I think we need the Hershel Walker trade deal type for him. Some team has to give us almost all their picks for 2 years . :oops: :muttley:

kevm3

Reaction score
If you have not figured it out yet, our TEAM, is not good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs.

1.Resigning Dak, CD and Micah with no more cap space is not going to push us over the top.
2. Micah is an undersized DE who is getting doubled and triple teamed - injuries are in his future.
3. It does not appear that he wants to play LB, support the run, and only wants to hunt QB's and win individual awards.
4. He wears down and disappears late in the season.
5. Good teams understand how to neutralize him.

If you can get multiple 2+ first round picks and free up $30M for the next 5 years( which is what it is going to take to sign him if not more) then you have to consider it.

Is 1 player better than 4+ starters?
Micah, or Taco, Trystan Hill and Mazi?