Parsons has to go

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you can't build a defense around a guy like Parsons, then you have no business in football and maybe you should trade him and buy a soccer team or something.

You have a guy that was double and triple teamed at a rate of 35% which is higher than Garrett 29% and Watt 14% yet still has the highest pass rush win rate, qb pressures, and qb pressure percent.

Those figures are off the charts greatness. It would be like Dak having pressure in his face 40% of the time and an 80% completion %. With him eating all of that attention, our defensive line should have feasted and been dominant. They were man handled up front outside of Tank who is a great run defender but that only matters on runs to his side, so kind of easy to avoid.

Cmac

Reaction score
Micah changed, not us. Just take note of his play since Thanksgiving. Take note of his tweets and his social media, podcast. He revealed who he is. He took the mask off for us to fully see. He did us a favor honestly. Before we pay him, see what we can get.
He's been podcasting and talking too much for a while. The prerequisite for turning on a player is him getting paid. This is just happening a bit earlier.

Rayman70

Reaction score
He's been podcasting and talking too much for a while. The prerequisite for turning on a player is him getting paid. This is just happening a bit earlier.
I dont mind him getting paid as long as he shows up big when it matters. Which he hasn't. I think the off field antics have affected him.

Skillit

Reaction score
I don’t think you can move him…….maybe trade in the resign year.

If we had a dominant interior DL or LB who was the real leader, I think MP would be less of a brat.

Skillit

Reaction score
And he doesn’t have the sense to ask him family to stay out SM chats regarding his career.

He’s turning into footballs version of Kevin Durant.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Yeah let’s get rid of him. Send him to the Commanders so he can treat Steele and Schoon like red-headed step children twice a year and you guys could complain about the Cowboys having zero pass rush. Sounds like a plan.

ICP

Reaction score
Never gonna happen. We like our guys and Dumb and Dumber will point to Parsons as one of their genius draft pics. Their egos will not accommodate them trading him for anything

Ben7

Reaction score
I love Micah. My bigger concern is he is going to get injured playing DE FT undersized and getting double and triple teamed.

1. Move him back to LB and play DE on passing downs. Pro long his career.
2. Trade him and he get paid a lot to be on some else's injured reserve list.
I agree with you; That makes a lot of sense. :starspin::bow:

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
I'd shop him for sure, this team has too many holes to fill. A Parsons trade could fill 3 or 4 with the right personnel and picks received for him. SOME team really wants a pass-rushing DE, find that team.

Maybe a new DC could get more out of him, like in a 3-4 defense. He's too small to line up and play DE all game. And he doesn't have the stamina.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'd shop him for sure, this team has too many holes to fill. A Parsons trade could fill 3 or 4 with the right personnel and picks received for him. SOME team really wants a pass-rushing DE, find that team.

Maybe a new DC could get more out of him, like in a 3-4 defense. He's too small to line up and play DE all game. And he doesn't have the stamina.
Challenge becomes the following. If Micah wants play DE FT and new DC wants Micah to play more LB, then why would Micah want to resign with Dallas?

Verdict

Reaction score
An interesting question would be “What if” Quinn goes to Washington, who has the second overall pick. Would you entertain a picks package shipping out either Parsons OR Dak for that 2nd round picks plus additional picks?

Chasing6

Reaction score
An interesting question would be “What if” Quinn goes to Washington, who has the second overall pick. Would you entertain a picks package shipping out either Parsons OR Dak for that 2nd round picks plus additional picks?
Not sure I would want him in our Division.

Verdict

Reaction score
Sigh.

Why people are demanding we trade away one of the best pass rushers in the NFL because they don’t like how much he podcasts is beyond me.

Am I just stupid? Am I just stupid for thinking we should not trade away our elite, 24 year old pass rusher?
You surely don’t want to give him away, but for the right price any player should be tradeable.

Verdict

Reaction score
Not sure I would want him in our Division.
I meant second overall pick. My bad.

If the Cowboys see a QB in this draft that they really like, that 2nd overall pick gets them almost to the top. If they like two QBs as franchise QBs it’s a no brainer.

Micah is a very disruptive player. They don’t grow on trees. But his cap hit is going to be MASSIVE. If you can flip Micah for a franchise QB on a rookie deal the difference in cap hit between those two scenarios is 100Million difference plus.

You can keep Dak for one more year and then let him walk or you can trade Dak for probably two first round picks plus change.

Dallas will never have the pills to make this move but it would rebuild and reload the franchise in one offseason.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You surely don’t want to give him away, but for the right price any player should be tradeable.
I never said anything about a podcast.

If you have not figured it out yet, our TEAM, is not good enough to make a deep run in the playoffs.

1.Resigning Dak, CD and Micah with no more cap space is not going to push us over the top.
2. Micah is an undersized DE who is getting doubled and triple teamed - injuries are in his future.
3. It does not appear that he wants to play LB, support the run, and only wants to hunt QB's and win individual awards.
4. He wears down and disappears late in the season.
5. Good teams understand how to neutralize him.

If you can get multiple 2+ first round picks and free up $30M for the next 5 years( which is what it is going to take to sign him if not more) then you have to consider it.

Is 1 player better than 4+ starters?