Parsons in the middle

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
OMG the Super Bowl Champion Bucs first round pick is talking to the media about what position they want him to work on. Operational Security is just going to hell across the league…

:lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2::lmao::lmao2:

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/ver...t-rounder-joe-tryon-rookie-minicamp-bucs-2021

@JoeKing
These young rookies only know what they've experienced in rookie minicamp. That is the extent of the depth of their knowledge. They don't know enough to harm the team but that doesn't mean they shouldn't start practicing information security techniques. You think you are funny but what you are demonstrating is your own ignorance on the matter. Your arse is ugly so stop showing it to everyone. ;)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A 20 something kid being excited about playing a little middle LB for the Dallas Cowboys is a non story. Some people will complain about anything.
...but is that what he's doing? That's like one of these hired camp arms bragging he's the new QB playing for the Dallas Cowboys. It's just rookie mini-camp so just hit the breaks.

quickccc

Reaction score
He’s the only MLB we have
Jaylon shouldn’t have ever been inside

jaylon had to be in middle ..you cannot have someone with that kind of limited change of direction and bend on the flanks.

it was laughable to think he could be an edge rusher -he just cannot bend, ..and he was one that gets stuck to blocks easily

quickccc

Reaction score
I’m betting all our pre season games are televised
Gonna be hard to hide him on the film teams get

i'm strongly assuming team won't place blitz scheme and packages on display during preseason - they'll keep it pretty basic.

also it's gonna be hard t counter scheme for a LB that is gonna be moved all around and coming from all angles and directions per pre-snap.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
jaylon had to be in middle ..you cannot have someone with that kind of limited change of direction and bend on the flanks.

it was laughable to think he could be an edge rusher -he just cannot bend, ..and he was one that gets stuck to blocks easily

except...his stats say otherwise .

Too much #JaylonHate on this forum. he’s one of the best players we have.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I don't get it. So many posters are saying that Parsons will replace Jaylon or LVE. I thought this defense was going to have some 3-4 elements. Last time I checked, a 3-4 defense requires 4 linebackers.

Can we imagine a defense with LVE and Parsons in the middle, Jaylon and Neal on the outside when they line up as a 3-4?

With Parsons sandwiched between a healthy LVE and Jaylon Smith, he could do some serious damage.

agree.

that was one of the questions on why Parsons was drafted...

where/when does he play, specially with Neal already playing in his spot.

Neal is on a one year deal though. Likely gone as UFA after 2021.

we are still a 4-2-5 defense? The rest of the league still is.

HungryLion

Reaction score
he has to lead the team in tackles first. 8/

too much anointing oil getting passed around on here....

the kid doesn’t even have his star yet.

Jaylon needs to start playing the position correctly, or it doesn’t matter what Parsons does. He will be gone.

quickccc

Reaction score
except...his stats say otherwise .

Too much #JaylonHate on this forum. he’s one of the best players we have.

stats that had him making most of those tackles on much of his side of the line and few yards downfield.
yeh or as Jaylon would say " Go watch the game film " .... but yeh, feel free to keep telling yourself that. :p

quickccc

Reaction score
I don't get it. So many posters are saying that Parsons will replace Jaylon or LVE. I thought this defense was going to have some 3-4 elements. Last time I checked, a 3-4 defense requires 4 linebackers.

Can we imagine a defense with LVE and Parsons in the middle, Jaylon and Neal on the outside when they line up as a 3-4?

With Parsons sandwiched between a healthy LVE and Jaylon Smith, he could do some serious damage.

With Jaylon having such limited bend, lateral movement and change of direction i don't get why people are constantly wanting him on the edge ?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've said this before. Parsons needs to shut up. If the media can see where he is playing and reports it, that's one thing, him being assigned a position and then him telling the world is another. Any information he gets from the coaches at this point needs to be treated as classified. Loose lips sink ships.
I don't think it will be a secret going into the season where he will be playing, and like you said, the media can report it anyway, so I don't see the problem.

Besides, the media has a microphone in the face of these guys every chance they get, and the NFL wants players to be accessible to the media, so it's natural that he will talk and it will be reported. That just life in the NFL.

conner01

Reaction score

I think he would fit perfectly on strong side and could play off the edge
I’m not talking about playing him like DE but blitzing him

quickccc

Reaction score
I think he would fit perfectly on strong side and could play off the edge
I’m not talking about playing him like DE but blitzing him

if Jaylon had the bend and lateral movement skills he had at ND pre-knee injury, it would be a different tale to tell.
sadly that knee has really taken that ability away,
i think his best way (only way) of blitzing or generate a pass rush would be either right up the gut middle, or with stunts-twists with DL upfront,...

conner01

Reaction score
if Jaylon had the bend and lateral movement skills he had at ND pre-knee injury, it would be a different tale to tell.
sadly that knee has really taken that ability away,
i think his best way (only way) of blitzing or generate a pass rush would be either right up the gut middle, or with stunts-twists with DL upfront,...
He’s not gonna be at MLB
That’s gonna be parsons

quickccc

Reaction score
He’s not gonna be at MLB
That’s gonna be parsons

no he's not gonna be in the middle full time but that's the only place he can rush best on blitzes, ...
maybe if Parson blitzes outside on certain packages while Jaylon comes up the middle (where he usually gets stonewalled)... but other than stunting/twisting with DL, that's all he knows.
that's why he limits your defense in just too many areas.

ESPN's Todd Archer (among several others) predicts Jaylon will end up as a SAM strongside and may see no more than 17-20% of snaps.
Basically means he's gonna spend much of the action on the sideline.