Parsons in the middle

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the staff had a problem with it they would address it
I don’t think the depth chart is some state secret
Well there is that rumor that mothers become distraught and need therapy when they learn their sons are playing defense for the Cowboys. "Noooooo, not my baby'!!!!!!!!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I've said this before. Parsons needs to shut up. If the media can see where he is playing and reports it, that's one thing, him being assigned a position and then him telling the world is another. Any information he gets from the coaches at this point needs to be treated as classified. Loose lips sink ships.

and keep saying it doesnt make it right or true, most practices and PS games are televised..its no secret where he will play and its NOT A BIG you didnt like the pick and will find fault in everything he does..Its obvious..

hater meter has begun to rise..

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Anybody have the secret answer to where they will play Bohannon?

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't get it. So many posters are saying that Parsons will replace Jaylon or LVE. I thought this defense was going to have some 3-4 elements. Last time I checked, a 3-4 defense requires 4 linebackers.

Can we imagine a defense with LVE and Parsons in the middle, Jaylon and Neal on the outside when they line up as a 3-4?

With Parsons sandwiched between a healthy LVE and Jaylon Smith, he could do some serious damage.
The LEO LB role is an edge rusher. Most likely Gregory, Basham, or even Tank.

johneric8

Reaction score
I've said this before. Parsons needs to shut up. If the media can see where he is playing and reports it, that's one thing, him being assigned a position and then him telling the world is another. Any information he gets from the coaches at this point needs to be treated as classified. Loose lips sink ships.
:huh::facepalm:

Winonesoon

Reaction score
I’m betting all our pre season games are televised
Gonna be hard to hide him on the film teams get
I like it. gonna command more attention. You know Brady hates to be hit. Then what do you do with D-law and Gregory? oops!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score

BREAKING NEWS: THIS IS DALLAS WHERE WE BROADCAST EVERYTHING!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Wow. I know you didn’t like the pick or the player himself but Jesus this is a reach if I’ve ever seen one.

you make it seem like the cowboys don’t have a PR team that gave him flash cards of what to say in his first interview lol.
Other than his lack of media training, I have nothing against the pick or player. My problem is the response by other people to the pick or player. The PR team does not approve every word that the Cowboys media department prints.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
That's not what I'm saying at all. Scouts and wannabe scouts alike are going to see the games. All I'm saying is let them, let that be how information about the Cowboys is discerned rather than having this rookie shooting his mouth off.
Parsons is an Alpha dog.. talking it up comes with the personality.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think most NFL OC's can pick out the LB's. He's not divulging any sensitive information.
Having players as a policy, treat all information as if it is classified is not the same as all information actually being classified. You are right, he's not divulging any sensitive information but it's not his job to discern what is and is not sensitive info.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It was NEVER going to be a secret...if he hadn't said anything, the media guys would have.
It was something the coaches were not talking about in specifics just yet. The media folks, whether intentionally or on purpose, put out disinformation all the time, so who cares what they say?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If the staff had a problem with it they would address it
I don’t think the depth chart is some state secret
They most certainly will address it but they won't make that known to us. The depth chart is not something they are making public just yet but of course, it's not a secret of the state, this is just football. But that doesn't mean they haven't established a policy for the players to not discuss with the public anything the coaches have not talked about specifically.