Parsons is a great player!

dckid

Reaction score
Many of you think he's a Godsend, but will still blame Dak if we lose on Sunday, even if it 65-58.......which is it?
I dont even understand this thought or question. Parsons is the alpha as a rookie. Just think about that for a second.
I agree with you thread title. Parsons is a great player. Full stop.. no need to say anything negative.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Can you tell us what rule that violates? I'm calling you out to tell us which rule number that is... or shut up. Waiting. :cool:
Did you see the question mark???? I looked at the rules list later and did not see one. I have seen post by moderators about callout threads however if I am not mistaken.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Did you see the question mark???? I looked at the rules list later and did not see one. I have seen post by moderators about callout threads however if I am not mistaken.
Just shut up now, you're just whining at this point.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I dont even understand this thought or question. Parsons is the alpha as a rookie. Just think about that for a second.
I agree with you thread title. Parsons is a great player. Full stop.. no need to say anything negative.
Not speaking negative about Parsons....speaking negative about Dak haters....not that hard to understand..

dckid

Reaction score
Not speaking negative about Parsons....speaking negative about Dak haters....not that hard to understand..
Still dont get it. Dak is who he is. Not a world beater buy you win with him. Functionally equivalent to a Romo which Cowboys fans would understand.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Still dont get it. Dak is who he is. Not a world beater buy you win with him. Functionally equivalent to a Romo which Cowboys fans would understand.
Sorry you don't get it...didn't mean to make it that confusing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
You didn't...and this is the wrong time of year to vent years of insult at posters...not hard at all, for a loyalty and not ring tapping community, our friend.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I apologize on behalf of all haters, for hurting your feelings.
Your Son in this crowd anywhere?

Even sounding pompous of emotional distress in blatant lack of respect involved...woo hoo :flagwave:

CCBoy

Reaction score
While he awaits kickoff, Parsons is getting some perspective on what it takes to succeed in the postseason. He got lunch with DeMarcus Ware on Tuesday, and he said the potential Hall of Famer impressed on him what to expect.

"I got to talk to him about the preparation and what it takes, the mentality that comes with playoffs and things like that," he said. "I thought that was interesting. He helped me with how to prepare for the best so that way I keep my head low and I can stay focused on the things I need to focus on."

Ware tallied 23 tackles and 7.5 sacks across eight career playoff games, including a Super Bowl run during his time in Denver that saw him collect 3.5 sacks and 12 quarterback hits in one postseason. As far as postseason mentors go, Parsons could do a lot worse.

dallascowboys.com/news/fresh-rested-parsons-is-ready-for-playoffs

I hear 'ya Coach...as if that needs site ridicule also...

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
While he awaits kickoff, Parsons is getting some perspective on what it takes to succeed in the postseason. He got lunch with DeMarcus Ware on Tuesday, and he said the potential Hall of Famer impressed on him what to expect.

"I got to talk to him about the preparation and what it takes, the mentality that comes with playoffs and things like that," he said. "I thought that was interesting. He helped me with how to prepare for the best so that way I keep my head low and I can stay focused on the things I need to focus on."

Ware tallied 23 tackles and 7.5 sacks across eight career playoff games, including a Super Bowl run during his time in Denver that saw him collect 3.5 sacks and 12 quarterback hits in one postseason. As far as postseason mentors go, Parsons could do a lot worse.

dallascowboys.com/news/fresh-rested-parsons-is-ready-for-playoffs

I hear 'ya Coach...as if that needs site ridicule also...
Great info there.

Wonder is Dak getting this from Aikman, Zeke from Emmitt, Amari and CD from Irvin, etc.?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Parsons is the undisputed best player on defense.

We can all argue who the best offensive player is but they are not as good at their position as parson is to his.

CWR

Reaction score
You’re right.. We should try him at QB.

I'm pretty confident we could line him up at LB, DE, safety, WR and RB. If Parsons wanted to be a qb, he'd be a great qb. Lol

CCBoy

Reaction score
Great info there.

Wonder is Dak getting this from Aikman, Zeke from Emmitt, Amari and CD from Irvin, etc.?
Man, I just don't have a band aide for all possible ouchies oooies...sorry. This time of year and in Dallas, there are no shortages of Hall of Famers walking around and sharing snapshots of glory and team pride. I'm proud of this past and current interactions and insights worth their weights in gold...on the carpet this time of year!

Go Cowboys!:starspin::thumbup:

GINeric

Reaction score
If Dak throws a pick 6 with the game tied at 58, he deserves his blame. His mistakes aren’t excusable.

Dak could throw for 500 yards, 6 tds, no ints, we could miss 3 fgs, lose by 2... and there would be those few weak idiots who would STILL blame Dak.

Get used to it.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Many of you think he's a Godsend, but will still blame Dak if we lose on Sunday, even if it 65-58.......which is it?

Stop this endless sensitivity and near paranoia surrounding Dak. He's a good QB, however, Micah is playing like a God.

Dak's job is to manage to Offense into scoring points (not accumulate yards)......the only way he'd be criticized for us scoring 58 is if the points were all scored in the 2nd half with us trailing 65-0 at half-time.

Conceding 65 pts would be a disaster, however, the limited mitigating circumstance would be that it's a littered with rookie deals (and LVE and Tank neither of which will be here in 2022).

Unfortunately, for Dak he plays in a position that's high risk, high reward .....but then again he gets the contract for that responsibility.

By holding out on the contract (nothing wrong with seeking top dollar) he effectively left us in a CAP position that we fill the defense with lesser FA's and JAG's.....it does kind of put the additional pressure on Dak.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Dak could throw for 500 yards, 6 tds, no ints, we could miss 3 fgs, lose by 2... and there would be those few weak idiots who would STILL blame Dak.

Get used to it.
Yeah and you should already know who those posters are and realize what they say doesn’t matter. They stick out like a sore thumb. And for whatever reason people continue to argue with them as if they are going to change opinions.

There are also posters on the opposite end of the spectrum who defend Dak against all criticism. They may throw in the occasional high level acknowledgement that all players make mistakes and Dak isn’t perfect, but will make excuses for all specific criticisms.

The two groups make it difficult to discus Dak rationally. It was the exact same problem with discussing Romo.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Stop this endless sensitivity and near paranoia surrounding Dak. He's a good QB, however, Micah is playing like a God.

Dak's job is to manage to Offense into scoring points (not accumulate yards)......the only way he'd be criticized for us scoring 58 is if the points were all scored in the 2nd half with us trailing 65-0 at half-time.

Conceding 65 pts would be a disaster, however, the limited mitigating circumstance would be that it's a littered with rookie deals (and LVE and Tank neither of which will be here in 2022).

Unfortunately, for Dak he plays in a position that's high risk, high reward .....but then again he gets the contract for that responsibility.

By holding out on the contract (nothing wrong with seeking top dollar) he effectively left us in a CAP position that we fill the defense with lesser FA's and JAG's.....it does kind of put the additional pressure on Dak.

Most of the above, is good discussion...and presents some personal views, but discussion involves personal views and slants.

Don't for a second, think that Coach doesn't know football basics or differences.

There is a little push involved, when points aren't batted around and at least acknowledged, but insults for shallow views become little more than vain insults. Some of us have been Cowboys fans since they started in 1960...and walked through the Kennedy assasinations and Governor Wallace in Alabama. We had to walk through the Viet Nam War and then Dessert Storm and onto Afghanistan. Quite a few smaller actions in between...but we remained loyal and fans to the Cowboys.

Conscience and not ego are important elements to all of us...so insultive words that don't from the start include a compassion for sharing, and highlight a personalized superiority of football knowledge instead, aren't often dealt with kindly.

C'mon, share some of the experience and no blatant brow beating now that we are in the playoffs. That grating edge has been thrown at many of us for decades now, and if one listens, he can usually understand the actual origins as well as see pride and respects as well.

Let's all enjoy our Cowboys...

Go Cowboys!:starspin:

Knock the crap out of the Golden Gate Bridgers!

Thanks for sharing...