Twitter: Parsons is the first player in franchise history with 10 sacks in first 3 seasons

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Actually if I’m not mistaken it wasn’t Parcells shockingly it was….Jerry Jones. Parcells wanted Marcus Spears and preferred Shawn Merriman over Ware. Jerry wanted Ware over Spears and Merriman….of course Jerry won and even was right since Spears was there with the second first rounder.
Correct, Ware was a Jerry pick.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
i couldve sworn Ware had this but checked it and he had 8 his first year, exploded after that though

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep, good one man.

I mean he wasn't totally scrawny beforehand.
But his one offseason David Banner to Hulk body type transformation was too obvious, lol.
Yep. He and LaRon Landry were two of the worst roid cases I’ve seen in the NFL.

rags747

Reaction score
Actually if I’m not mistaken it wasn’t Parcells shockingly it was….Jerry Jones. Parcells wanted Marcus Spears and preferred Shawn Merriman over Ware. Jerry wanted Ware over Spears and Merriman….of course Jerry won and even was right since Spears was there with the second first rounder.
Exactly, I could have sworn that Parcells did prefer Merriman which could definitely be debated. Parcells big mistake is that he wanted Spears first, we would have lost bot Ware and Merriman.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly, I could have sworn that Parcells did prefer Merriman which could definitely be debated. Parcells big mistake is that he wanted Spears first, we would have lost bot Ware and Merriman.
Pretty much. Jerry doesn’t get enough credit for that move. I mean we didn’t win a SB but we thankfully didn’t miss out on a generational talent.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Jerry ain’t winning a draft debate with parcels

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Still can't figure out why we don't run the tush push with Micah, don't need a QB to run that play.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Thank god for parcells that brought us demarcus ware ! Too bad he couldn’t get a ring with us
It was believed Parcells was not that big on D Ware , he wanted to get Marcus Spears with 1st round 1 pick but Jerry opted for D ware and so we used the 2nd round 1 pick, we had 2 that year.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He should have drafted Aaron Rogers with that 20th pick.
I know, Hindsight is 20/20.
Actually , I was high on Rogers and when he dropped beyond 15 was hoping whether we will make a move , but I think we went Def all the way