Parsons looks like a boom or bust pick to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He has to prove he can cover or it’s a bust.

He runs a 4.39 40.. NFL linebackers in this era have to be able to cover.

He’s just a old school sideline to sideline and downhill guy.

That’s cool until Andy Reid decides to spread your team out and isolate you and get you cover TEs that run like wideouts and RBs who can play like wideouts.

Im not saying he can’t cover but it’s a projection.

I wonder what's the batting average for projections on LB coverage skill in the NFL. I would think not so well.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Turning in your fan card are we? Throwing a tantrum? Been telling guys like you all about parsons for months. Cowboys agreed and nailed the pick.

I’m going to enjoy watching Parsons make you look silly. Plenty of time to revisit this one.
Like I said...

You and this front office think alike = SUCK

I definitely would not be bragging on social media about this. Trust me, it doesn't look good.

ICP

Reaction score
I just feel like he doesn't fill the hole and we already have that with Jaylon. He's a read and run LB same as Jaylon. I didn't want a corner and am glad we didn't take one but I would love to see us focus on the defensive line in round 2 and maybe a guy like Adebo in the 3rd or a trade up.
Well, to be honest from what I've seen it's gonna be pretty hard for him to 'read' worse than Jaylon. Please don't get me wrong as I don't care for the pick either

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nope, opposite strengths completely. As usual you have no clue about football.

jaylon doesn’t even have any strengths left.

Dude.. Stop pretending like you have a clue what is going on. Anyone that watches this guy, understands what they are looking at, and then reads your dumb opinion instantly understands how misinformed you are.

Just stick to telling everyone how Dak deserves 40 million a year cause he can light up trash defenses when we’re down 3 scores.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Like I said...

You and this front office think alike = SUCK

I definitely would not be bragging on social media about this. Trust me, it doesn't look good.
Maybe you can cry yourself to sleep tonight and then turn in your fan card in the morning. :muttley:

I on the other hand will sleep like a baby knowing at the very least that the cowboys nailed their initial pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude.. Stop pretending like you have a clue what is going on. Anyone that watches this guy and then reads your dumb opinion instantly understands how misinformed you are.

Just stick to telling everyone how Dak deserves 40 million a year cause he can light up trash defenses when we’re down 3 scores.
Yet I nailed the pick bozo. Lol

You are the most abused and clueless poster on the site.

ESisback

Reaction score
Most people were raving about this guy, but once he becomes a Cowboy....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Maybe you can cry yourself to sleep tonight and then turn in your fan card in the morning. :muttley:

I on the other hand will sleep like a baby knowing at the very least that the cowboys nailed their initial pick.
First of all, I don't cry. Ever.

Secondly, I enjoy reading your bragadocious posts...only to be proven wrong with time.

Lastly, there is a reason this team hasn't reached a conference championship game in 26 years. Count them...26 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dude.. Stop pretending like you have a clue what is going on. Anyone that watches this guy, understands what they are looking at, and then reads your dumb opinion instantly understands how misinformed you are.

yet I just nailed the Parsons pick. Lol

maybe we should all listen to bozo the clown who said Dalton would be better than dak? Or that beatherd and kaaya were better than mahomes?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
First of all, I don't cry. Ever.

Secondly, I enjoy reading your bragadocious posts...only to be proven wrong with time.

Lastly, there is a reason this team hasn't reached a conference championship game in 26 years. Count them...26 years.
And why haven’t they reached a championship game? One word........Defense.

Deal with it!!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
He has to prove he can cover or it’s a bust.

He runs a 4.39 40.. NFL linebackers in this era have to be able to cover.

He’s just a old school sideline to sideline and downhill guy.

That’s cool until Andy Reid decides to spread your team out and isolate you and get you cover TEs that run like wideouts and RBs who can play like wideouts.

Im not saying he can’t cover but it’s a projection.

Everything I have read and seen suggests he is excellent in coverage for a LB.

• Quick to the flat
  • Closing speed
  • Rangy
  • Advanced pass-coverage linebacker
  • Can help cover against tight ends and running backs
  • Can drop into zone coverage
  • Gains instant depth dropping into coverage.
  • Athletic talent to handle man coverage duties.
  • I wish there was more tape of him playing man coverage, but his athletic profile suggests he can execute man assignments well. He was solid in zone coverage - can tell he’s reading route combinations, and he clamps on underneath routes with authority. Parsons is a rare athlete who can affect the pass, the run, and the blitzing portion of playing NFL linebacker.

He moves easily in coverage, quickly getting depth in shallow to intermediate zone coverages. Likewise, he has great range at the second level, easily pacing running backs on swing passes or covering ground to defend screen plays

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And why haven’t they reached a championship game? One word........Defense.

Deal with it!!
Why is that?

Because this front office keeps making the wrong picks on Defense.

Like I said, you and this front office don't get it...because you don't have it.

Deal with it!!!

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
Nope. Totally disagree. Here is why:

Go to the 7:03 minute mark...

Micah Parsons is definitely another Jaylon Smith. I don't care what your heart and feelings feel...or what you type on social media. The film doesn't lie. Parsons gets tricked during misdirection plays.

A better inside LB would have been someone who has fluid hips, makes excellent cuts and misdirects without losing speed and quickness. Someone with similar size (6'3", 245) but who is quicker and able to cut and run without losing speed, time and balance. Someone like Baron Browning would have been much better:

Oh well...as I expected. Jerry Jones and his group of assistants are not that good at wheeling-n-dealing or making the smarter/better picks when it comes to the draft. It's the main reason why this team has failed to reach a conference championship game in 26 seasons and counting.

Jerry Jones is no Jimmy Johnson when it comes to picking elite and needed talent or making better trades.

Enjoy.

The same Baron Browning that is mocked in the third round by most, thats who you wanted at 12 instead of Parson? I'll have what this guys having.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Why is that?

Because this front office keeps making the wrong picks on Defense.

Like I said, you and this front office don't get it...because you don't have it.

Deal with it!!!
Not this time they didn’t. They nailed it. Just as I predicted.
Deal with it!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The same Baron Browning that is mocked in the third round by most, thats who you wanted at 12 instead of Parson? I'll have what this guys having.
Show me where I ever said I wanted Browning at #12?

Show me! Guys like you always make ish up because you can't handle when someone critics the pick.

I never said nor never would draft either LB at #12. Cowboys should have traded down a 2nd time and tried to get another 2nd round pick.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Everything I have read and seen suggests he is excellent in coverage for a LB.

• Quick to the flat
  • Closing speed
  • Rangy
  • Advanced pass-coverage linebacker
  • Can help cover against tight ends and running backs
  • Can drop into zone coverage
  • Gains instant depth dropping into coverage.
  • Athletic talent to handle man coverage duties.
  • I wish there was more tape of him playing man coverage, but his athletic profile suggests he can execute man assignments well. He was solid in zone coverage - can tell he’s reading route combinations, and he clamps on underneath routes with authority. Parsons is a rare athlete who can affect the pass, the run, and the blitzing portion of playing NFL linebacker.

He moves easily in coverage, quickly getting depth in shallow to intermediate zone coverages. Likewise, he has great range at the second level, easily pacing running backs on swing passes or covering ground to defend screen plays
Crotch17 thinks jaylon smith is a good backer and is good in coverage. Says all you need to know.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not this time they didn’t. They nailed it. Just as I predicted.
Deal with it!
Time will prove you wrong. Just wait and watch.

I hope not, because I will definitely support Parsons, especially since he grew up a Cowboys fan. But he does have flaws. Same flaws that Jaylon has.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Show me where I ever said I wanted Browning at #12?

Show me! Guys like you always make ish up because you can't handle when someone critics the pick.

I never said nor never would draft either LB at #12. Cowboys should have traded down a 2nd time and tried to get another 2nd round pick.

that would have been great too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Time will prove you wrong. Just wait and watch.

I hope not, because I will definitely support Parsons, especially since he grew up a Cowboys fan. But he does have flaws. Same flaws that Jaylon has.
Lol....so now you support the pick? Didn’t you just say the pick sucked? Backtracking are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.