Parsons looks like a boom or bust pick to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Exactly. The only question is. Will he be a first ballot hall of famer. Or just have to wait a few years before being inducted.
He made a play in the Arizona game where he didn’t even touch the RB. It was a sweep and he came all the way across the field and the RB had to go out of bounds. No stat whatsoever but he forced a no gainer. Some of our fans don’t even watch the games. They may have the game on but they obviously ain’t watching.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I just feel like he doesn't fill the hole and we already have that with Jaylon. He's a read and run LB same as Jaylon. I didn't want a corner and am glad we didn't take one but I would love to see us focus on the defensive line in round 2 and maybe a guy like Adebo in the 3rd or a trade up.
Boom, definitely

phildadon86

Reaction score
If he doesn’t impact the pass game in some way then it’s a bad pick.

If he impacts the pass game then it’s a great pick.
He was the best run defending player in the draft and he’s a LB. he can also rush the passer. You want him to play CB as well?

ghst187

Reaction score
He has to prove he can cover or it’s a bust.

He runs a 4.39 40.. NFL linebackers in this era have to be able to cover.

He’s just a old school sideline to sideline and downhill guy.

That’s cool until Andy Reid decides to spread your team out and isolate you and get you cover TEs that run like wideouts and RBs who can play like wideouts.

Im not saying he can’t cover but it’s a projection.

we also got Jabril Cox who can def cover

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Let's be fully aware that Parsons is just a rookie. It'll take time for Dan Quinn's scheme to be easier for him to get comfortable with. Getting in on the action more, studying the playbook and film should accelerate his learning process. For all of that to happen, it just takes time. The mental part will simply be a gradual matter of his mind and body getting fully in sync. The staff has already commented that they're impressed with his learning abilities.
Once scheme familiarity occurs, he won't need to think as much and just react, quicker.:thumbup:

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was the best run defending player in the draft and he’s a LB. he can also rush the passer. You want him to play CB as well?

You shouldnt draft run defenders with premium picks. This isn’t 1994.

You can get guys all over the draft to play the run well.

waving monkey

Reaction score
I just feel like he doesn't fill the hole and we already have that with Jaylon. He's a read and run LB same as Jaylon. I didn't want a corner and am glad we didn't take one but I would love to see us focus on the defensive line in round 2 and maybe a guy like Adebo in the 3rd or a trade up.
thats fine

phildadon86

Reaction score
You shouldnt draft run defenders with premium picks. This isn’t 1994.

You can get guys all over the draft to play the run well.
You draft talent. Parsons can be Bobby Wagner but yeah we shouldn’t have drafted him right? Lol

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Parsons was the best defensive player in the draft. And he comes with those kinds of expectations. We should expect a dynamic player. A perennial All Pro player. That”s how good the talent is.

Status
Not open for further replies.