Twitter: Parsons moving to DE

kevm3

Reaction score
Man, some of you are something else. They might not be perfect, but we finally have a coaching staff that will move around players to try to put them in some situations to succeed and give the team a "chance" and you complain about that as well. Good grief. Give them a chance. The other coaching staff wouldn't even think about doing something like this

We've already had conversion projects like this that failed like having several of our corners play safety. It makes no sense drafting an elite player at one position and moving them to some completely other position. If we're going to play the conversion project game, let Jaylon move over to DE.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Why? He was originally recruited as a DE and his best trait by far is his pass rushing ability. He's got the speed, bend, and power to be a 20 sack guy. Why is it horrible?

if he was that good of a DE prospect then he would have stayed at DE.

zerofill

Reaction score
He is about the same size as DLAW... same height, only about 6lbs lighter if NFL.com is still correct, and faster.
He might be that athlete that just can excel everywhere.

Will be interesting to watch.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly. Do I think Parsons can do it? Maybe? Maybe not. What I do know is he can play linebacker and I don’t make my linebacker group worse in the name of adding him to DE….
Not to mention risking him getting injured going up against the bigger guys on every snap.

Zman5

Reaction score
I have to wait and see it today but I doubt he'll be playing like a traditional 4-3 DE with his hands on the ground most of the snaps. I think he'll be used more like Von Miller rushing the passer standing up most of the time.

Reactions: BAT

Eanwen

Reaction score
I have to wait and see it today but I doubt he'll be playing like a traditional 4-3 DE with his hands on the ground most of the snaps. I think he'll be used more like Von Miller rushing the passer standing up most of the time.

Quinn has had our regular DE's stand up in both preseason and game one so I dunno why people think Parson will be different. :confused:

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
For every internet coach and GM that said this was stupid, well you are stupid as people that do this for a living might have a little more insight to their decisions, just a little! The kid absolutely balled out!

Last edited:

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Parsons did what he had to do, good job stepping in when called on to do the dirty work and being decent at it

Reactions: BAT