Parsons Run Defense

phildadon86

Reaction score

I wanted to leave this here. The amount of complaining about this pick is amazing to me. We needed help on run D immediately and we started that process by getting not only the best defensive player in the draft, but also the best RUN DEFENDER in the draft.

Why is it our fans cant just be happy unless its who they want, or who they have spent the most time looking at and pounding the table for? I admit I was pounding the table for this kid since October, but I wouldnt be whining about picking Horn or Surtain either. This is why our fans are called the worst in sports.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I wanted to leave this here. The amount of complaining about this pick is amazing to me. We needed help on run D immediately and we started that process by getting not only the best defensive player in the draft, but also the best RUN DEFENDER in the draft.

Why is it our fans cant just be happy unless its who they want, or who they have spent the most time looking at and pounding the table for? I admit I was pounding the table for this kid since October, but I wouldnt be whining about picking Horn or Surtain either. This is why our fans are called the worst in sports.

Not to mention this kid is a grade A pass rusher.

John813

Reaction score
If we can get a better DT next to Hill/Gallimore that can occupy blockers that would do wonders for all our LBs.
Really hope we take one day 2.

People get petcats and get too hyped on certain guys. It's over analyzing stuff we can control.

phildadon86

Reaction score
If we can get a better DT next to Hill/Gallimore that can occupy blockers that would do wonders for all our LBs.

People get petcats and get too hyped on certain guys. It's over analyzing stuff we can control.
If we can somehow get McNeill. We are cooking with Gasoline. No way do we make 4 picks today. I see us trading up for someone. Moehrig would make the most sense. If we can somehow get him, Campbell or Melifonwu, and Tonga, Shelvin, Bobby Brown. Our defense is IMMEDIATELY better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I dont want to upset too many people this early. I imagine a lot of hungover messages this morning. I am a little concerned about WFT getting Davis though not going to lie. He was my fall back if Parsons didnt fall.

Yah, the fact that they are making that defense even better is scary. But on the bright side, they didnt get a QB. That is #1.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If we can somehow get McNeill. We are cooking with Gasoline. No way do we make 4 picks today. I see us trading up for someone. Moehrig would make the most sense. If we can somehow get him, Campbell or Melifonwu, and Tonga, Shelvin, Bobby Brown. Our defense is IMMEDIATELY better.

Barmore and safety, or Moerhig and Mcneil would be lights out.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Many Dallas fans whine and complain about anything and everything. They think they know how to do everything better.
I may not, and do not agree or like everything they do at times. As I can't do a thing about it. I guess accept it and root for the Star and the players that wear it. It does me no good to be down all the time about things. I guess some just it is their way too vent.

I do find it interesting seeing all the different posts about this pick. Many are the same old stuff over and over, others offer some insight good or bad. However I seen nothing on the bad side to change my opinion this is a good pick and adds immediate help.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
LVE and J.Smith are disappointments. We needed some kind of replacement plan. So let's hope this guy is it. I love the move of trading back then getting him.

stiletto

Reaction score
LVE and J.Smith are disappointments. We needed some kind of replacement plan. So let's hope this guy is it. I love the move of trading back then getting him.

I think they could add another veteran CB after the June 1st cuts and maybe another LB. It looks like one of the top safeties will be there tonight at #44. I would hope they'd take one of the top safeties instead of reaching for lower end CB. Would be great to get one of the best safeties in the Draft also.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted Surtain but am thrilled with Parsons. Best defensive player in the draft, best run defender in the draft, excellent pass rusher, 14 TFL, 5 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 5 PBU, and 109 tackles in 2019 which was only his second year to ever play the position. Plus the Eagles gave us a third round pick to basically have Hurts hurt. They're a cold hearted organization.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I could care less about a run defender in 2021.

Learn to celebrate when teams hand the ball off.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Moerhig and McNeill is a dream. I would settle for Grant and Shelvin. Thats still a very good defense.
I would "settle" for Grant and Shelvin too. I have Grant over Moehrig and Shelvin just under McNeil. It would be better though to get Grant and McNeil and hope Kelvin Joseph falls to the 3rd or grab Paulson Adebo.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I could care less about a run defender in 2021.

Learn to celebrate when teams hand the ball off.

Lol yeah the cowboys have been doing some real celebrating when the other team hands the ball off for 200+ yards.

And then our fans will wonder why we lost.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score

We have 4 day 2 picks. They should be able to find good players at every position of need. 5 top 100 picks can go a long way if they do it right. No more projects.