Twitter: Parsons vs Sewell matchup

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Lions did what you are supposed to do against speed edge rushers. Nobody is going to stop Micah other than DQ who seems hell bent on smashing him into the oppositions best tackle. Not sure why we keep seeing him at DE. We have DLAW, Sam Williams , Fowler, and Dorrance to play the edges. We need Micah on his feet picking his spots at LB.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The Lions did what you are supposed to do against speed edge rushers. Nobody is going to stop Micah other than DQ who seems hell bent on smashing him into the oppositions best tackle. Not sure why we keep seeing him at DE. We have DLAW, Sam Williams , Fowler, and Dorrance to play the edges. We need Micah on his feet picking his spots at LB.
He really gives guards and centers tough times too.

I just think the rush could be more of a team effort. Sometimes they jsut all run at the qb and he escapes easily

I think overshown would’ve unlocked everything . They’re misisng that one extra athlete

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He also got micah at times as well, Micah registered 0 sacks. I think some times Micah is just hyped up, and there are lower tiered players around the league that IMPACT passing plays more at times than micah. Hell just look at the guy on the other side, he was more disruptive than micah was Hutchinson

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
He really gives guards and centers tough times too.

I just think the rush could be more of a team effort. Sometimes they jsut all run at the qb and he escapes easily

I think overshown would’ve unlocked everything . They’re misisng that one extra athlete
Sentence number 2, could you PLEASE state this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's unreal at times, some don't see it, because they think we're so great at what we do. It's a real issue that this team has with ALMOST getting to a qb, and somehow he gets away! Put him on his AZZ!!! (softly, we don't want a flag!) lol

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He also got micah at times as well, Micah registered 0 sacks. I think some times Micah is just hyped up, and there are lower tiered players around the league that IMPACT passing plays more at times than micah. Hell just look at the guy on the other side, he was more disruptive than micah was Hutchinson
Well, this is the point where DQ needs to take some blame too. We are thin at LB and he’s got Micah playing DE where we are loaded. Micah is most effective when he’s at Lb reading plays and picking his spots to blitz.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Well, this is the point where DQ needs to take some blame too. We are thin at LB and he’s got Micah playing DE where we are loaded. Micah is most effective when he’s at Lb reading plays and picking his spots to blitz.
Say it again please PICKING SPOTS, not being in the same location making it EASY to scheme against him!!!! Maybe we don't do this because he doesn't want to do it, or doesn't want to get burned out. Early in the game I think he played some LB, but the rest of the game, it was him VS sewell

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He's one dimensions exclusively at DE. Moving him around is more beneficial. Especially with other DE players stepping up. He would be unstoppable.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Parsons' jukes and hand game are so elite. Seems like he wins almost every one on one battle...even against the best lineman in the league.

Never seen an edge rusher just blow by and through players like him and get to the QB.

I hope they game manage Parsons' minutes this week so he is rested for the Playoffs.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Say it again please PICKING SPOTS, not being in the same location making it EASY to scheme against him!!!! Maybe we don't do this because he doesn't want to do it, or doesn't want to get burned out. Early in the game I think he played some LB, but the rest of the game, it was him VS sewell
I will preface this by saying I’ve never played LB or DE but it would seem like smashing into The 330 lb OT every play would be more physically taxing. Right?

JBS

Reaction score
Why are you convinced DQ decides which side parsons lines up on? You see parsons move himself on the los all the time.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I will preface this by saying I’ve never played LB or DE but it would seem like smashing into The 330 lb OT every play would be more physically taxing. Right?
Hence which is why he doesn't need to be lined up at one location all game long. I mean there were guy that made careers out of this, I guess these days are different

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Sewell is one of the best in the game

but you give him help just like anyone else.....im not leaving my tackle on an island all game just to prove a point or see if he can dominate
The Cowboys do it with Tyron all the time.. I think the sack to Hutchinson was the first one he has surrendered all season. And that was probably because he was playing with a stiff back which any guy over 30 can tell you just takes a little longer to warm up. The rest of the time he stoned Hutchinson to the point where the Lions moved Hutchinson to the other side to face Steele.

Proof

Reaction score
w/ three sacks to micahs zero last week, hutch has 9.5 to micahs 13. so prior to that one game micah had double the sacks he had. even with a monstrous game he's still got nearly 4 more. you just don't seem to ever know what you're talking about man.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
w/ three sacks to micahs zero last week, hutch has 9.5 to micahs 13. so prior to that one game micah had double the sacks he had. even with a monstrous game he's still got nearly 4 more. you just don't seem to ever know what you're talking about man.
yeah sucks doesn't it, the fact is all i'm saying and stop crying is that he had more of an IMPACT in getting to the qb. I don't care about numbers like you do, I want the QB to be impacted

I know these days you're sad at how your eagles team is imploding, but don't you worry little guy, you'll be ok!!