Twitter: Parsons vs Sewell matchup

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Just by leading the league in double and triple teams (by far), Micah impacts the game, regardless of how many actual sacks he gets. He frees up his team mates to get to or pressure the QB. His presence makes the QB throw the ball as fast as possible… which hurts their passing game.

Parsons scares the hell out of opposing offenses and dominates their Saturday protection meetings. He is the most impactful defensive player in the game today.
Truth. It's a shame that his teammates are not capitalizing at a higher rate.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Yes because the rule book had already been modified to declare that it's legal to hold Parsons. If not allowed to cheat, by jumping early and holding, Williams would get beat like a drum.
Cmon now he's not moving early on every down, thats Lane Johnson. Now the holding I agree in general - not getting a call since week 6 is almost physically impossible.

Here is another little video - not much tho.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

This is a little bizarre, because if I remember right, PFF reported Robert Quinn as having around 115 pressures in 2013

Maybe they're just not showing all of the guys with that number of pressures. Or maybe they amend their data?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Cmon now he's not moving early on every down, thats Lane Johnson. Now the holding I agree in general - not getting a call since week 6 is almost physically impossible.

Here is another little video - not much tho.

Even in that video you see them giving Williams help. I stand by my assertion. Leave them one on one the whole game and Parsons gets 5 sacks and another 10 QB hits. Now that means Williams wins the other 40 snaps so would that be considered having won the matchup?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why are you convinced DQ decides which side parsons lines up on? You see parsons move himself on the los all the time.
I see him with hands on the ground at DE more than any other positions. Of course DQ tells him where to go. The defensive rotation has to be organized by the coaches , not something you do on the fly pre snap.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Even in that video you see them giving Williams help. I stand by my assertion. Leave them one on one the whole game and Parsons gets 5 sacks and another 10 QB hits. Now that means Williams wins the other 40 snaps so would that be considered having won the matchup?
Dont agree and thats fine - btw not that Parsons went against TW on every down but his stat line the last 3 games vs SF -

1 tackel / 3 asst. 0 sacks
1 tackle / 3 asst 0 sacks
3 tackles/ 6 asst 0 sacks

Just to be clear - love the kid prob the best since LT but the statement was about if an OT can hang with him, thats all.

Aint that deep.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Dont agree and thats fine - btw not that Parsons went against TW on every down but his stat line the last 3 games vs SF -

1 tackel / 3 asst. 0 sacks
1 tackle / 3 asst 0 sacks
3 tackles/ 6 asst 0 sacks

Just to be clear - love the kid prob the best since LT but the statement was about if an OT can hang with him, thats all.

Aint that deep.
No I believe the statement was about if an OT can handle him one on one all game. I just don't believe that tackle exists..

Dallyjake

Reaction score
It blows my mind that opposing teams are allowed to hold 11 with no flags. I'm sure our opponents are told to hold as it likely won't get called and it kind of levels the playing field. Otherwise, Parsons would have over 20 sacks.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
yeah sucks doesn't it, the fact is all i'm saying and stop crying is that he had more of an IMPACT in getting to the qb. I don't care about numbers like you do, I want the QB to be impacted

I know these days you're sad at how your eagles team is imploding, but don't you worry little guy, you'll be ok!!
Goff’s final pass was incomplete because Micah pressured him.

32BellyOption

Reaction score
Hard to say how many sacks Micah would have if they actually called holding to deter opponents from doing it. That being said TJ Watt is the best pass rusher and defensive player in the league. And I can’t stand the Steelers but the dude is phenomenal.